DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP vs MP - Is it worth it or better to get MP and buy new props?

Negative. I purchased this MPP only a few weeks ago and the type of flying I do is giving 30 minutes.
I don't need to look at some strangers unqualified YT video to know my stats.
The flight time depends from the flight conditions.One day i flew with my standard MP for almost 30 min.There is one guy i think here in this forum who flown his standard MP for 31 min.

Reactions: Skymax
The flight time depends from the flight conditions.One day i flew with my standard MP for almost 30 min.There is one guy i think here in this forum who flown his standard MP for 31 min.

Yes.
I should have said that my new batteries were only cycled 8 times and being used at Op Temp for performance and Props running at sea-level altitude density and low humidity.

Reactions: gppms
All things taken into consideration, the current price of the MPP is far to high when compared to what you can currently get an MP for. Bottom line.

After checking the latest MPP prices it seems you may be right.
I bought my MPP Combo for $AUD1240 delivered a Month ago and now you cant get one here for less than $AUD1600 plus freight. Also all the Chinese prices have risen from about $AUD1400 to $AUD1800 or more.
I wonder if the the approaching American Summer has anything to do with the big price hike?
An MP with the new props may save you hundreds and it only flys for a little less time, no big deal, its still got all the great MP features.

I love my MP. Not sure about the difference in the two but based on my MP, I'd just buy an extra battery or two with the cost difference

Reactions: breid
personally I don’t think there’s a big difference between them at all.

Bought the MPP FMC. Love it so far, although still trying to optimize the video. While it wish it had the p4p camera, I didn't want to wait for the mp2 and end up missing several months of fun and video. For that matter, I have no clue when mp2 will drop, no patience, and I hate waiting.

Tested p4 vs mpp at 45 or 50 ft AGL, 100ft from a crowd. Everyone spotted (and was possibly annoyed / interested by) p4, none the mavic. If I'm flying at a park, beach, or nearby an event I'd prefer to not disturb others while I record or just buzz around. I think we forget that while we have a right to the airspace near others (but not above lol) we can through noise infringe on their enjoyment.

Reactions: lolo780 and Skymax
Bought the MPP FMC. Love it so far, although still trying to optimize the video. While it wish it had the p4p camera, I didn't want to wait for the mp2 and end up missing several months of fun and video. For that matter, I have no clue when mp2 will drop, no patience, and I hate waiting.

Tested p4 vs mpp at 45 or 50 ft AGL, 100ft from a crowd. Everyone spotted (and was possibly annoyed / interested by) p4, none the mavic. If I'm flying at a park, beach, or nearby an event I'd prefer to not disturb others while I record or just buzz around. I think we forget that while we have a right to the airspace near others (but not above lol) we can through noise infringe on their enjoyment.
That is the main reason I bought the Platinum version. I can fly everywhere or close to crowd of people and the machine is very silent. Plus I will be recording footage of a wedding in a few months and this drone is excellent for it.

There is no reason you cannot upgrade the MP Props to MPP Stealth type and get the quietness and a bit more time, everything else is the same except the ESC software, as far as I know.
As a matter of fact loI, I notice that some suppliers charge ten Dollars more for an MPP battery because, well it is Silver not Grey!

yep, not a single person hears the MPP at the beach with surf noise even though I descend to 20ft and am moving in sport mode sometimes.

Reactions: lolo780
There is no reason you cannot upgrade the MP Props to MPP Stealth type and get the quietness and a bit more time, everything else is the same except the ESC software, as far as I know.
As a matter of fact loI, I notice that some suppliers charge ten Dollars more for an MPP battery because, well it is Silver not Grey!
I fly pros and platinums, all with the low noise props. The mpp is still stealthier due to less high frequency esc noise.

1:48 he tests both without props.

And even if they were equally noisy, the longer flight time of the platinum makes it a clear winner.

I think evryone's appreciation may be unique, I love my MPP but if you are prepared to save some money by trading off a bit of flight time then why not.
I usually return home after being two miles away with 50% battery remaining so to some a 10% less endurance might save them a worthwhile amount, something for everyone.

1:48 he tests both without props.

And even if they were equally noisy, the longer flight time of the platinum makes it a clear winner.

Again, the MPP is a bit quieter and if flown conservatively it flies a bit longer. No one can convince me that’s worth the CURRENT price difference. I’ll take the MP. I actually prefer the song it sings. You can always tell when an MP (original props) is coming in for a landing. It was never a noisy quad to begin with.

I was considering waiting for the MP2 release but since its been pushed back to at least June I don't know if the price drop will be worth the time I will miss. Currently have a P4, a bit tired of both the noise level and the couple of cracks I need to deal with so I thought moving to the Mavic family might serve me better and get me flying more. That being said now I am wondering if it is worth moving up to the MPP or just better to get the MP and props.

Thanks for your input

Where did you get the info that the MP II is pushed back until June?

I'll look for the link in a little bit, I recall it being multiple drone-centric sites. I am currently building a list of skills / tasks relating to my specific role for the employer I am departing in 10 days. 40 bullet points and counting lol. That's what you get with the systems administrator with 20-plus years experience who is also your it manager... That you managed to piss off enough to leave without first understanding the multiple roles he filled. I feel badly for my staff but the company can take a flying leap while I fly my MPP for a week or two (thanks to my wife) and plot my next move.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga