DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MTOM FOR MAVIC PRO M1X

Tankertel

Reactions
Sorry if this has been asked before but can anybody tell me what the Maximum Take-Off Mass is for the M1X Model? Just completing a form for a PfCO course and they are asking for this info about my Drone?

As you cant really add any payload, wouldn't it be it's manufactured weight?

Weight (Battery & Propellers Included)1.62 lbs (734 g) (exclude gimbal cover)

As you cant really add any payload, wouldn't it be it's manufactured weight?

Weight (Battery & Propellers Included)1.62 lbs (734 g) (exclude gimbal cover)

Apparently not MTOW is different from MTOM and you can under sling stuff on them.

Apparently not MTOW is different from MTOM and you can under sling stuff on them.

Maximum Take-Off Weight (MTOW)

Definition

The maximum takeoff mass (MTOM), often referred to as maximum takeoff weight (MTOW), of an aircraft is a value defined by the aircraft manufacturer. It is the maximum mass at which the aircraft is certified for take off due to structural or other limits. MTOW is usually specified in units of kilograms or pounds. The mass is a fixed value and does not vary with changes in temperature, altitude or runway available.

They do a Mavic Hang mount and a Mavic Top Mount, got one to sling an Insta360 camera on mine.
DJI Don't, so the Mavic is not designed for a payload, by the manufacturer.

Contrary to the Inspire 2, who's specs say:

Specifications
Aircraft
ModelT650A
Weight7.58 lbs (3440 g, including propellers and two batteries, without gimbal and camera)
Max Takeoff Weight9.37lbs (4250 g)

1572941324882.png This is an underslung camera mount for the Mavic Pro, possibly not an "official" product but they are out there and there are plenty of videos on YouTube. The camera can be mounted on the top as well. Anyway somebody must know the MTOM. I know what to do weigh the camera and add it to the MTOW to give me a safe MTOM.

There isn't one as stated by the manufacturer.
I'm not saying that there are not devices out there! There are none, for the Mavic, supplied by DJI.

I have flown with 2 piece of Litra Torch on my MPP without any problems. They is weighting 90 grams each + the mount, so total weight of this is about 220-230 grams extra.7E60DA55-7DF5-4624-983C-2629A2F73EEF.jpegD60E59E8-58DD-4558-A455-EB534DCC2B58.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 84875 This is an underslung camera mount for the Mavic Pro, possibly not an "official" product but they are out there and there are plenty of videos on YouTube. The camera can be mounted on the top as well. Anyway somebody must know the MTOM. I know what to do weigh the camera and add it to the MTOW to give me a safe MTOM.
Even though third parties make such products, it does not mean that they are safe or within the operating specs of the craft as designed by the manufacturer. The Mavic Pro is not designed to carry any additional peripherals or usable payload. As such, its designed MTOW is its static weight as it comes out of the box.

All vehicles (cars, trains, planes, buses) are by nature designed with a factor of safety in mind. Just because it can do more than stated means neither that you should do so, nor that it is safe to do so. The performance specifications are all based on the manufactured weight. Adding anything will degrade performance, diminish the designed factor of safety, and possibly cause issues. In the case of that sling in your picture, not only will it adversely affect the weight, but also the center of gravity.

Just go with the actual weight of the drone.

Reactions: Simmo
I think there could be a more robust discussion about this. With the introduction of anti-collision lighting and Remote ID requirements, accessorizing an aircraft is a must in routine operations.

Just because the manufacturer hasn't tested or stated the MTOW doesn't mean it's automatically identical to the published Takeoff Weight. If it were, we could expect relatively poor performance from the aircraft out of the box.

Interesting bit of jargon I noticed in the April update of the FAA AIM:

"... civil UAS 55 pounds or more Maximum Gross Operating Weight (MGOW). These operations will be referred to as Part 91 UAS operations ..."

The term MGOW is used several times in the new chapter, except for a military category chart where it instead says, Maximum Gross Takeoff Weight. Then, in the glossary,

"MAXIMUM GROSS OPERATING WEIGHT (MGOW)− The maximum gross weight of an aircraft, including
fuel and any external objects, at any point during the flight."

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki