DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multi battery charger

b18cb79fe6d7ff4356476febf55deb2c.jpg

This stage charger I use. Not plastic but metal. Works amazing
I have this one, issue I had is with 2 USB devices connected the RC starts flashing as if it's constantly reinitiating the charge process. No biggie if you don't use the USB ports. the charge rate is also lower than what's printed, close to 3.7A or so. If you want fast charging, go for the rcgeeks blue charger which will do near 5A at first and cut back as the battery chargera. 5A is only a 1.3C charge with rate which is still quite conservative by RC standards.

I also had the sunnylife 4 port charger but that broke a few weeks in. Rick for drone valley mentioned there was an issue with them and they since revised it, wasn't a bad charger either. Of all the aftermarket chargers however only the rcgeeks would charge to 17.6v. others would be a bit lower, no big deal if you got some cycles on your batteries as the max cell voltage diminishes over time but was worth mentioning.

Reactions: rbad
I would prefer a metal case over a plastic one, but until someone offers one that can do the same thing or better that the plastic one can do, I'll stay with plastic. BTW, I prefer paper over plastic bags at the store. It's far better for the environment. Companies only use plastic bags for food/etc because it is cheaper for them to do so. Maybe the same is true for chargers?
Glass reinforced nylon is stronger than aluminium- have you wondered why high end power tools don’t use metal housings? It’s not just about achieving double insulation.

The housing material is an irrelevant consideration.

I am wanting metal as it rejects heat more and makes for a great heat sink, in which it is a very relevant consideration
Yes- although it is the property of metal to conduct heat (rather than reject) that works for us here. I suspect the metal enclosure models do have the switching FETs and perhaps other semiconductors thermally bonded to the enclosure- good point.

Heatsinks, reject heat, into the other medium ( be it water, air, or oil, ect ). That is their purpose. Little known fact, heat moves from hot to "cold" hence why you reject heat. You can call it conducts all you want it doesn't. The goal is to cool the electronics.

Heatsinks, reject heat, into the other medium ( be it water, air, or oil, ect ). That is their purpose. Little known fact, heat moves from hot to "cold" hence why you reject heat. You can call it conducts all you want it doesn't. The goal is to cool the electronics.
Nice go at introducing a straw man here- it is well known heat moves from hot to cold. The heatsink provides the surface area to transfer to the cooling medium, yes. It needs to be thermally conductive to be any use in this regard and that was simply my point.

Glass reinforced nylon is stronger than aluminium- have you wondered why high end power tools don’t use metal housings? It’s not just about achieving double insulation.

The housing material is an irrelevant consideration.
I think it is as relevant as preferring paper over plastic bags. I would say that most products are produced using plastic enclosures simply because it is cheaper like the charger being considered here. I ended up sending it back because the charger was charging at a lower amperage than the stock battery charger thus it was slow to charge compared to other metal chargers. The RC GEEK charger is not made from glass reinforced nylon as its enclosure. It is much weaker than that.

I think it is as relevant as preferring paper over plastic bags. I would say that most products are produced using plastic enclosures simply because it is cheaper like the charger being considered here. I ended up sending it back because the charger was charging at a lower amperage than the stock battery charger thus it was slow to charge compared to other metal chargers. The RC GEEK charger is not made from glass reinforced nylon as its enclosure. It is much weaker than that.
It’s probably polycarbonate like the phantom bodies. Easy to mould, light and cheap.

I can confirm that the YX charger is very good. I was using one for almost a year to charge my mavic air batteries and now I am using the mavic 2 version with the same great result.
I am returning my Yx battery charger due to poor quality connector pins. Beware out there if you are using one of these chargers. I suffered a bent pin on one of my new M2P intelligent batteries using this charger. I notice that the connectors don't go smoothly on to the battery like the stock charger connector does. I noticed a crunchy feeling if you will when attaching the charging connectors to the battery and even a slightly bent pin on my new $140 battery! On further inspection of the Yx charger connectors with a jeweler's magnifying glass I can clearly see the Yx charger connector pins are poorly machined. The pins have marks on them and the head of the pins are thicker than those on the better quality DJI stock charger. You can definitely see the difference and feel the difference between the stock and Yx after market product. The quality of the Yx connector is not good! I am not going to sacrifice my $140 batteries for quicker charging on a $40 charger. Lesson learned! I'm pretty sure the same will apply to all the similar chargers mentioned in this thread other than the RC Geek on which has better looking connector pins as far as I can tell.

There's (currently) no alternative when trying to charge 4 batteries at once.
And there's is (currently) no evidence, that plastic like in the RCGeek becomes a problem.

That said, I do understand the concerns about the plastic, as it gets hot and personally I would prefer metal too. But plastics are used for a long time now and quality-crafted one can withstand these temperatures easily. ;)
This one is awesome. I love it. I charge 3 batteries, controller and phone at same time. 35 mins I'm ready to go. [Upgrade Grounded] Powerextra Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom Battery Charger, 5 in 1 Rapid Smart Battery Charger Hub (Charge 3 Batteries & 2 USB Ports Simultaneously) Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Amazon.com: [Upgrade Grounded] Powerextra Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom Battery Charger, 5 in 1 Rapid Smart Battery Charger Hub (Charge 3 Batteries & 2 USB Ports Simultaneously) Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom: Toys & Games

There appears to be lots of these with different branding...powerextra, sunny life, FX etc...are they all the same?
I'm tempted by the 6 in 1 sunnylife I've seen ?

There appears to be lots of these with different branding...powerextra, sunny life, FX etc...are they all the same?
I'm tempted by the 6 in 1 sunnylife I've seen ?
I think they are all the same. If you do get one of these, be careful of the charger connectors. The ones on the Yx that I ordered started bending my battery pins. The charger connectors were poorly machined causing damage so I returned it.

The SunnyLife appears to be the same as all the others with the blue metal case. They just slap a different label on them as they roll off the assembly line in China. Cheap Chinese kit if you ask me. Read the rest of the thread above and you will see the same consensus from others. Beware the poorly made connectors which can damage your battery!

I made a bad review on Amazon about the problem I had with the Yx charger and they haven't posted it yet. They only show the good reviews?

Last edited:
I am sorry but 1 unit, with an issue is a defect, not poorly machined, your issue is the only one I have seen ( not saying there are not others, just I have not seen them ) and the one from rcgeeks (iirc) is pretty well regarded on all the reviews I have watched/ read

I am sorry but 1 unit, with an issue is a defect, not poorly machined, your issue is the only one I have seen ( not saying there are not others, just I have not seen them ) and the one from rcgeeks (iirc) is pretty well regarded on all the reviews I have watched/ read
You might be right. Look at them under a magnifying glass when you get it and compare it to the stock one made by DJI. Also feel the difference when attaching the connectors to your battery. I hope it works for you. I wanted it to work for me but it didn't.

You do realize dji did not invent the connector, it is a basic connector? And there are different pins and manufacture of the pins, and slightly different designs, different, does not mean bad, nor does the feel. Frankly electrically speaking, tighter connections are generally better

Hey MegaMan. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else that the charger is bad. Buy it. I hope it works for you. I am merely passing on my experience. You have convinced yourself that I am either lying, stupid or have ulterior motives it seems. I do not work for any company involved with DJI drones or the cottage industry products like these chargers. Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?

I would suggest that you buy the charger, use it for several cycles and see how it goes. Take a good look at the connector pins and photo them for sharing on this forum thread. I have already returned mine. As I mentioned, Amazon is not doing a good job of posting bad reviews like mine. Maybe they will. Do you trust Amazon? I don't and am doing business elsewhere whenever possible.

I have kept my RC Geeks charger even though it is a weak charger for the simple reason that it will charge 4 batteries at a time up to 65%. Their connector pins are far better than the other ones made in China. Do a visual inspection with magnification for yourself. Not all connector pins are equal I have found. The pins are crucial to proper battery operation and charging for longevity. Best wishes.

Reactions: MRomine
I am simply pointing out, you ( several times ) have stated, and I quote "poorly machined" connector pins. You tried a grand total of one (Of which you returned, without checking to see if it's s defect.)

To which I replied

You seem to be taking this personally, Which its not, it's just a statement of fact.

I know that but nevertheless it all works but I looked at my charger and it looks the same but I realized it is an RC geek brand
I also have the RC geek works great no problems so far and I really like the 60% storage charge capability...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d