DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multi battery charger

The cells won’t charge to above 4.35v at termination. You need higher voltage from the supply to the charge board in the battery for regulation.
I am going to recommend you read up on the batteries.
The charger supplys voltage, the battery starts and stops charging, it will also charge only certain cells to make them equal

Huh? What would be wrong they have always charged to 4.38 per cell and have done about 40 cycles with each battery and i have 3....seems fine to me?
Dji probably does not use top end voltage measuring chips. There are chips that cost 5 cents, and some that cost 500. Which do you think are more accurate.

This is why digital multi meters / scopes can cost thousands.. and why I tell people I trust mine over yours.
The cheap ones are accurate enough for most people, but when you are dealing with 0.01vdc from a cheap chip 0.03 is not a large margin of error for a cheaper chip.

Also look at battery chemistry as to why that voltage is a tad high

I am going to recommend you read up on the batteries.
The charger supplys voltage, the battery starts and stops charging, it will also charge only certain cells to make them equal

Dji probably does not use top end voltage measuring chips. There are chips that cost 5 cents, and some that cost 500. Which do you think are more accurate.

This is why digital multi meters / scopes can cost thousands.. and why I tell people I trust mine over yours.
The cheap ones are accurate enough for most people, but when you are dealing with 0.01vdc from a cheap chip 0.03 is not a large margin of error for a cheaper chip.

Also look at battery chemistry as to why that voltage is a tad high
We don't have to guess- it is well known that the DJI battery suppliers use Texas Instruments BMS monitoring and SOC packages. They are as good as anything on the market atm. Go and do a little reading on Fuel gauging, impedance track and the LiION charge algorithms in the TI literature and if you have an interest in how things actually work with out flight packs.

Perhaps you could explain how the battery chemistry could be providing for a higher cell voltage.

Reactions: Rangerider
I already did. No you can not tell me they use a 5k ($) chip to check voltages with. No where near. ( look into lab quality scopes ) so no not as good as anything on the market, they are fine for what they are. Don't try to think just because you own it, nor dji uses it that it is the best

I already did. No you can not tell me they use a 5k ($) chip to check voltages with. No where near. ( look into lab quality scopes ) so no not as good as anything on the market, they are fine for what they are. Don't try to think just because you own it, nor dji uses it that it is the best
My preference is to rely on facts rather than speculation and/or irrelevant comparisons. So we are clear- I said the SOC and associated devices used in current DJI flight batteries are as good as what you may find in other devices that use LiION cells (Texas instruments also supplies these SOC to medical device makers).

BTW charge termination isn’t determined purely on voltage. The algorithm looks at other factors including current, temp and other measures and derived values. It is as good as what you will find in even the best stand alone chargers.

You already did what?

I already explained CHEAP voltage monitoring chips and margin of error.

0.03vdc is a easy margin of error, for cheap voltage monitoring chips. If we were talking about a lab quality scope. It would be a different conversation

I already explained CHEAP voltage monitoring chips and margin of error.

0.03vdc is a easy margin of error, for cheap voltage monitoring chips. If we were talking about a lab quality scope. It would be a different conversation
All you are doing is further evidencing you haven’t yet familiarised yourself with the electronics employed in our DJI batteries. 30mv is well in excess the resolution of the ADC and reference resistors employed to measure voltage. All the relevant performance specifications for the SOC’s and associated hardware are available on Texas Instruments website. If your not interested fair enough.

Correction, I don't care and it is meaningless to me. I have better things to do then research a claim that a charger will charge a battery 0.03v more ( which doesn't because the battery is what allows the cells to charge in the mavic 2 ) , which also means nothing. I will refute it for new people so they are not swayed into a poor judgement due to one person's false claims.

I already learned plenty of lipo info when I was vaping I don't need to care when 0.03v means nothing. Less then nothing. Next we will hear " it gives me 30 sec more flight. " give me a break.

Correction, I don't care and it is meaningless to me. I have better things to do then research a claim that a charger will charge a battery 0.03v more ( which doesn't because the battery is what allows the cells to charge in the mavic 2 ) , which also means nothing. I will refute it for new people so they are not swayed into a poor judgement due to one person's false claims.

I already learned plenty of lipo info when I was vaping I don't need to care when 0.03v means nothing. Less then nothing. Next we will hear " it gives me 30 sec more flight. " give me a break.
It would give you more than 30sec extra flight time. You have one thing right- where I started and you first interjected. What we call chargers are nothing more than regulated DC voltage supplies. The charging circuitry is in the battery. Charge isn’t just terminated when voltage reaches a preset level- it is also the point where current drops to virtually zero at constant colte

I ordered this one today:. Three outputs are enough for me. I like the covers for the contacts.
View attachment 80777

I considered the one below from rcgeeks, it has a switch for storage mode - charging stops at 65%. It was slightly more expensive. I guess most of these chargers are of similar quality.
View attachment 80778
Be sure to check the connector pins on the charger. The one I ordered caused a bent pin on my battery! See my earlier post in this thread on this and Mega Man's comments about my post. If you examine the charger pins with a magnifying glass you will see the difference in pin quality. They are rough. I like the RC Geeks which I use mainly because it can charge to 65% for storage. It is a nice charger though it needs to charge faster and it would be perfect.

Be sure to check the connector pins on the charger. The one I ordered caused a bent pin on my battery! See my earlier post in this thread on this and Mega Man's comments about my post. If you examine the charger pins with a magnifying glass you will see the difference in pin quality. They are rough. I like the RC Geeks which I use mainly because it can charge to 65% for storage. It is a nice charger though it needs to charge faster and it would be perfect.
Thank you for the warning. I have now also ordered the rcgeeks charger.

I have the RC GEEK Multicharger and it failed me a month ago when I was traveling. Pulled it out of my luggage, plugged it in and the lights flashed once and then went out. No charging for me! I made a complaint through Amazon and RC GEEK responded with a replacement. When I got it, I noticed that the AC plugged into the new charger much tighter than I was experiencing on the old charger. I discovered that the contacts within the AC cable connector were gone. Somehow they must have fallen out when removing the cable at sometime. So...lesson learned: take your time unplugging the AC cable from the charger. Those copper connectors are fragile!

Otherwise, I love the fast charging the ability to charge only to 65%!!!

I have the same charger and I love it but it will not charge if the battery is too warm I noticed due to the batteries intelligence .I don’t think mine will do a 65% charge setting

How do you get it to do 65%

I have the same charger and I love it but it will not charge if the battery is too warm I noticed due to the batteries intelligence .I don’t think mine will do a 65% charge setting
Does yours charge to 4.35v per cell? Mine does....the stock charger only went to 4.32 per cell

Last edited:
Good question. Is that something I'd see through the DJI Go app after a full charge? Has that extra voltage made much of a difference in flying time?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard