DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multi battery charger

The 1 review I have found for it states its good. But I can't find it now.

It's one I am looking into, the great thing is really you don't have allot to worry about. The battery controls the charge, mostly...

The one pictured in the above post is the one I have found very favorable reviews on.
I was just a bit concerned when I saw the video on YouTube from drone valley which suggests this could be the early generation model...latter model has connections behind the fan, not behind the switch as shown here...
I would welcome comments ...

It is quite possible. But revisions do not mean good or bad, they could be improvements, they could be due to part availabilities, cost reductions due to advancements.... ect. I don't know if I would let revisions deter my purchase, unless it was proven that rev had issues

Also pictures may not be updated with newer rev pictures

To add, I watched that video, if it is a 1a rev that's not that big of a issue imo that said you can buy it direct from them and get the rev2

Last edited:
It is quite possible. But revisions do not mean good or bad, they could be improvements, they could be due to part availabilities, cost reductions due to advancements.... ect. I don't know if I would let revisions deter my purchase, unless it was proven that rev had issues

Also pictures may not be updated with newer rev pictures

To add, I watched that video, if it is a 1a rev that's not that big of a issue imo that said you can buy it direct from them and get the rev2
Agreed...it would be good to find a UK based supplier of the latter model to avoid import duty etc.

I am simply pointing out, you ( several times ) have stated, and I quote "poorly machined" connector pins. You tried a grand total of one (Of which you returned, without checking to see if it's s defect.)

To which I replied

You seem to be taking this personally, Which its not, it's just a statement of fact.
Possibly I have. I am simply offering an experience and 'heads up' if you will for others to maybe prevent them from experiencing possible equipment loss. It may be a one off event or a trend? I would like to offer up the following story for its potential relevance.

The Young Pilot
There was once a young aspiring pilot who dreamed of a career flying for the airlines. Being relatively inexperienced he needed to build flying time in multi-engine aircraft and came upon a job as copilot flying freight at night in a DC-3. The young man was glad to have this opportunity and seized it with vigor. He built up time and experience and soon was upgraded to Captain of a DC-3. He carried out his duties without incident.
Soon, another opportunity presented itself with another company which paid more and offered a better schedule so he took it wanting to better his fortune. The young pilot continued to build experience and kept his hopes upon acquiring a job as an airline pilot. It wasn’t long that his fortune would change. One flight he experienced an engine failure requiring a night landing on one engine at an unfamiliar airport. He had never done this before. The landing was successful and the crew, plane and its cargo were safely on the ground. This was soon followed by two more flights in which an engine on the old DC-3 failed requiring an engine-out landing. Once again, the planes the young inexperienced pilot was commanding had suffered engine failure resulting in freight being late and economic problems for the employing company. There were no congratulatory corporate announcements of how the captain and copilot had performed admirably and saved the company from a disastrous crash resulting in loss of life and property and had preserved the company’s reputation. The young pilot was suspected of abusing the engines thus causing them to fail as this had never happened prior to this pilot being employed and it was only happening to the planes this one inexperienced pilot was commanding. Copilots were instructed to monitor the way the captain was handling the engines. The owner of the company was suspicious as he also flew the airplanes himself and had never had any engine failures. This had never happened before to this company. Tensions were building.
The young and inexperienced pilot hoping to keep both his dreams of an airline career and himself alive sought employment elsewhere and soon moved on to a better and safer job. A couple or years later, the young pilot came across one of his former colleague pilots that had flown with him during his time of employment with the DC-3 company in which he lost several engines in flight. The colleague related that the owner himself experienced an engine failure after the pilot suspected of abusing the engines had left the company. Investigation discovered that the company overhauling the engines for the freight company had been improperly overhauling the engines causing them to fail. Ya think? Better late than never, right? Ask me how I know.

Does anybody has any experience with this charger? I like the form factor and that it can be used in the car or at home.

Drone Battery Charger, 4 In 1 Battery Charger Adapter with Digital Display Fit for DJI Mavic 2 Drone(UK) Drone Battery Charger, 4 In 1 Battery Charger Adapter with Digital Display Fit for DJI Mavic 2 Drone(UK): Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games
I have this charger. Have used it with my M2Z a half dozen times (still use the DJI charger if I'm not in any rush.). So far I'm very happy with it.
Pros:
- Built in display that shows the current and voltage for each battery. (one display, it cycles thru the batteries.)
- Accepts four batteries at once and charges them in about 90 minutes.
- Can be set to charge, discharge for storage or deep discharge.
- Multiple fans, stays very cool
- Can also be connected to a 12V adapter
Cons:
- Multiple fans, fairly noisy
- The power brick is big
- Claims to dedicate 3 amps to each battery. That is less than the DJI charger and quite a bit less than lots of the third party chargers (4.5amps). My experience with three batteries is that the first two will get 3 amps, and the third battery will get less. So the first two finish sooner. But in the end all three are done in about 90 minutes which is a lot better than the DJI charger.
- No USB port to charge the RC

I like my rcgeeks charger it will charge all 3 batteries in an hour and 10 mins and charge all 3 at 4.38v which is good? and its not to noisy

Do you mean amp?
Me? No 4.38v per cell
The charger itself will out put 17.6/ 5amp but when said and done and i look in go 4 app each cell is 4.38v....some aftermarket chargers have a hard time charging to 4.35v per cell

You do realize that is due to the internal circuitry of the battery, NOT the charger?

The battery receives 17.xx v and the battery then charges the cells as needed. That is why it is an intelligent battery, .....

You do realize that is due to the internal circuitry of the battery, NOT the charger?

The battery receives 17.xx v and the battery then charges the cells as needed. That is why it is an intelligent battery, .....
So your telling me that the battery will stop charging and end up @ 4.35 v , based on the batterys intelligence? Pshhh the battery is supposed to get 17.6v yes, (which is not 4.35v per c)... so why will one charger charge the cells to 4.38v and another charge to 4.35v per cell? Doesnt make sense or is not to intelligent.....believe it or not the charger has some "intelligent things to do. Obviously the battery will accept a charge up to 4.35 per cell or 4.38 per cell depending on charger. So the charger seems to be the one in charge as far as what lipo gets topped off too....what it boils down to is cheaper charger vs better charger.

And your last sentence does not make sense...yes the battery will get 17.x but that is voltage when topped off just depending on charger u have it is either going to be 4.35 per cell or 4.38! And the battery does not charge the cells! It has cells yes....the charger charges the cells. Idk how "intelligent u think these lipo's are but we are not there yet. Yes it is "intelligent " as far as having a heat sensor so u dont go sticking your battery on charge to quick, can give voltage readout in go app, and give code readouts via led.....thats about it

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangerider
So your telling me that the battery will stop charging and end up @ 4.35 v , based on the batterys intelligence? Pshhh the battery is supposed to get 17.6v yes, (which is not 4.35v per c)... so why will one charger charge the cells to 4.38v and another charge to 4.35v per cell? Doesnt make sense or is not to intelligent.....believe it or not the charger has some "intelligent things to do. Obviously the battery will accept a charge up to 4.35 per cell or 4.38 per cell depending on charger. So the charger seems to be the one in charge as far as what lipo gets topped off too....what it boils down to is cheaper charger vs better charger.

And your last senstence does not make sense...yes the battery will get 17.x but that is voltage when topped off just depending on charger u have it is either going to be 4.35 per cell or 4.38! And the battery does not charge the cells! It has cells yes....the charger charges the cells
The cells won’t charge to above 4.35v at termination. You need higher voltage from the supply to the charge board in the battery for regulation.

The cells won’t charge to above 4.35v at termination. You need higher voltage from the supply to the charge board in the battery for regulation.
So what is bringing the charge to 4.38v per cell the charger correct?

Huh? What would be wrong they have always charged to 4.38 per cell and have done about 40 cycles with each battery and i have 3....seems fine to me?

I ordered this one today:. Three outputs are enough for me. I like the covers for the contacts.
Mavic2_multicharger.jpg

I considered the one below from rcgeeks, it has a switch for storage mode - charging stops at 65%. It was slightly more expensive. I guess most of these chargers are of similar quality.
Mavic2_multicharger_rcgeeks.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus