DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My drone crashed...

Kopriti

Reactions
Hello, I am bummed after my replacement drone unexpectedly loss power and fell off the sky into a river by a waterfall... someone saw it and retrieved the drone (super lucky) but its dead, does not power up etc.
this drone had only 7 flights until this sudden loss of power and crash. don't know what should I do? not sure on the coverage or warranty? battery had 48% when the drone plunged.
any help will be appreciated!

Reactions: DMT
Presumably you should send it back to DJI to have them determine what happened and whether it is a warranty issue. If you want any specific help from the forum you will need to post the log files for the flight.

Well, after sending it in, DJI says that they can't get the logs and they say I have to pay for the damages Wich total over $1500?! Ridiculous!!
I saw the log on the phone and it shows the aircraft at over 30' and sudden acceleration to 20mph drop and stops at 15' when it ends. I lost confidence on DJI and this is probably my last. What should I do?

Well, after sending it in, DJI says that they can't get the logs and they say I have to pay for the damages Wich total over $1500?! Ridiculous!!
I saw the log on the phone and it shows the aircraft at over 30' and sudden acceleration to 20mph drop and stops at 15' when it ends. I lost confidence on DJI and this is probably my last. What should I do?

If you want any meaningful help here then I suggest you post the log file.

well, after a few emails back and forth, I uploaded the logs to them and they are going to cover the costs of the repairs because it was faulty equipment and not operator error.
Thank you sar104 for the help!
Please let us all know what the actual findings were that made DJI admit liability.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Please let us all know what the actual findings were that made DJI admit liability.

I asked that question and the DJI tech only replied with this:

"Thanks for your email response. I understand where you are coming from. Based on the analysis, there is non-manual fault, the majority of the issue is a hardware failure. We hope this helps. Let us know how everything plays out so we can help you further."

Thanks for your support.
Best regards,
Ken
DJI Customer Support

check the Flight log I uploaded on post #8

No other information provided by them... and doubt they will give me anything more.
their actual invoice that they submitted as a warranty repair is $1560 only for the drone and 1 battery!
but thankful not having to pay for it....

Any idea what caused the battery cell deviation errors?

If the battery failed, DJI is responsible and should repair or replace the drone for free. These new Mavic 2 batteries quality assurance are crap compared to the previous Mavic Pro. I have the Platinum and never have issues with the battery.

well, after a few emails back and forth, I uploaded the logs to them and they are going to cover the costs of the repairs because it was faulty equipment and not operator error.
Thank you sar104 for the help!

This doesn't appear to be complete power loss, but the aircraft did lose vertical control after you centered the throttle following a period of commanded descent:

Climb.png

The cell voltage record is, however, rather strange at the end of the flight:

voltage.png

This needs the mobile device DAT file (FLY016.DAT) to figure out what was going on:

How to retrieve a mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Reactions: Mav1c
If the battery failed, DJI is responsible and should repair or replace the drone for free. These new Mavic 2 batteries quality assurance are crap compared to the previous Mavic Pro. I have the Platinum and never have issues with the battery.
He said earlier that they’re covering the cost of the repair

This doesn't appear to be complete power loss, but the aircraft did lose vertical control after you centered the throttle following a period of commanded descent:

View attachment 84530

The cell voltage record is, however, rather strange at the end of the flight:

View attachment 84531

This needs the mobile device DAT file (FLY016.DAT) to figure out what was going on:

How to retrieve a mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet
Cell 2 had the first drop followed by the rest and then they for some reason went back up. Also, am I wrong that the percentage stayed at 84% for the duration of the flight log?

Cell 2 had the first drop followed by the rest and then they for some reason went back up. Also, am I wrong that the percentage stayed at 84% for the duration of the flight log?

The 84% is spurious reporting by the PhantomHelp website log interpreter. The battery level was never 84% - it started at 50% and decreased as expected:

battery.png

The voltage climb at the end of the voltage records is the unusual feature.

Reactions: JAW and Mav1c
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78