DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro My drone produced this 360° panoramic for my first attempt...it works and I posted it.

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I haven't mastered the software I have (Photoshop Elements 2021/ Cyberlink PhotoDirector 365) to be able to post work the 26 Raw photo's into a more pleasing, working, finished 360° photo. I used the Mavic 2 Pro Sphere panoramic drone produced photo to post here.
It's a slow process but if anyone can help with any of these software programs to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it much and Thank you.

I presume that's a frozen lake, if so how thick is the ice???? It must be holding up some weight in cars, people and buildings!

I presume that's a frozen lake, if so how thick is the ice???? It must be holding up some weight in cars, people and buildings!
Frozen lake yes...I went fishing after shooting the photo's and I'm glad I have a power auger, the ice is 18 inches thick.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
That's a very interesting photograph. It reminds me a little of those classic Grandma Moses paintings of snow scenes, with all the small pockets of color and activity.

Unsolicited comment follows. Ignore at will.
When you're shooting over snow, ice, or sand the auto exposure setting on most cameras will try to make things look "normal" by closing down a little. So you get images that are too dark and don't look like the real scene. Try opening up one or two stops and see if the result isn't more natural.

Regarding post processing, it has been my experience that any program should work but there is one thing that will destroy the 360 pano: DO NOT CROP OR CHANGE ASPECT RATION IN ANY WAY. I believe all other editing functions will work fine.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
very nice work, looks great
i was just had my drone out taking video of people on the ice in upstate ny.. i didnt even think about taking a pano shot 😡, i wish i had
i just posted my vid on here

Very nice work. I would love to learn how to create a shot like that. Thanks for posting.

Question. Did you catch anything?
Didn't actually catch any but did have a few bites and 1 up to the bottom of the ice but got off. :confused:

It's a slow process but if anyone can help with any of these software programs to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it much and Thank you.
This looks great. I agree with @MS Coast an increase of exposure in Photoshop Elements would help make the snow white.

As a general rule, 360 photos should only have global corrections done on them. In other words, never select an area to apply a filter to, only apply changes to the whole image. There are exceptions of course, but that’s how to start.

And yes, never crop or change aspect ratio if you want it to stay 360!

I haven't mastered the software I have (Photoshop Elements 2021/ Cyberlink PhotoDirector 365) to be able to post work the 26 Raw photo's into a more pleasing, working, finished 360° photo. I used the Mavic 2 Pro Sphere panoramic drone produced photo to post here.

Beautiful work! Job well done!!

OP kindly provided an original image so I could see how it edited:
Edit was done in Adobe Camera Raw filter within Photoshop. Images below are the original RGB histogram, and the edited histogram and the settings that I used. This was just a 3-minute edit...
original.jpgEdited.jpg

OP kindly provided an original image so I could see how it edited:
Edit was done in Adobe Camera Raw filter within Photoshop. Images below are the original RGB histogram, and the edited histogram and the settings that I used. This was just a 3-minute edit...
View attachment 143727View attachment 143728
Thank you Seth....it's nice for me to see something I've shot and edited by another !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme