DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first 360° Pano with the Air3

mic.kue

Reactions
Feel free to take a look at it:
HERE

It was manualy stiched, zenith was filled in PS.
I am pretty satisfied with the drone so far.
The only thing i noticed is, that the automatic mode didn't work so well.
It's better to dial in the values.

HERE

Beautiful picture!!!! Wow!

HERE

What automatic mode?

You mean exposure or the setting for the pano?

The pano was shot in automated mode and you stitched the individual files instead of using the pano file which the drone generated?

HERE

Beautiful area. Are those wind mills on the horizon? It's unfortunate that Kuula doesn't do theses large drone panos justice. Kuula's file size limitation loses 80% of the zoom capability in the native Air 3 stitch which is 75k, so all the detail becomes pixelated. Did you save an automated pano so you can share a comparison of the automated result vs. your manual stitch? How large was your finished manual stitch with cloned in ceiling? Did you resize it for Kuula, or did they resize it to fit their limitations?

If you use a program like PanoramaStudio 3 Pro, you can export the resulting stitch as a set of web files to upload to your own website, where the full resolution is preserved for sharing, and completely interactive with full zoom capability in sharp detail. It's reasonably priced, and Tobias is great at supporting his program!

Reactions: Lens
It appears that the railroad tracks cross that small creek and then end in the woods. Is that real? Would you share the location so we can look at the area on Google Maps?
Screenshot 2023-08-11 221850.jpg

It appears that the railroad tracks cross that small creek and then end in the woods. Is that real? Would you share the location so we can look at the area on Google Maps?
View attachment 166912
Info says "Kocherschleife, Schwäbisch Hall"

Found this link to bike routes in the area with maps.

IMG_0079.jpeg

Here's another view. It's a double set of tracks and they do seem to be continuous through that wooded area. But it looks as though there would need to be curves much sharper than you normally see in railroad tracks. Odd.

Screenshot 2023-08-12 082026.jpg

Reactions: mic.kue
HERE

First time I’ve seen this! Wow! Does Mavic 3 Pto have this feature?:)

HERE

Fantastic 360. Kuula does them very well. Especially allowing zoom!

HERE

Excellent work! The image is awesome 👌

Thank you so much everybody for the pleasing words. I appreciate the feedback!

You already found the laction. Here was the spot the picture was taken:

Beautiful area. Are those wind mills on the horizon? It's unfortunate that Kuula doesn't do theses large drone panos justice. Kuula's file size limitation loses 80% of the zoom capability in the native Air 3 stitch which is 75k, so all the detail becomes pixelated. Did you save an automated pano so you can share a comparison of the automated result vs. your manual stitch? How large was your finished manual stitch with cloned in ceiling? Did you resize it for Kuula, or did they resize it to fit their limitations?

If you use a program like PanoramaStudio 3 Pro, you can export the resulting stitch as a set of web files to upload to your own website, where the full resolution is preserved for sharing, and completely interactive with full zoom capability in sharp detail. It's reasonably priced, and Tobias is great at supporting his program!
I will check if I still have the automatedresults.
I made my pano directly for kuula size of max 16.000px wide.

Thats very welcome advice with this software. I am looking for a way to upload my panos in high resolution. I will take a look at it. Is the stiching quality better same as in GTPui. Do you have any example of a HighRes Pano from this software?

First time I’ve seen this! Wow! Does Mavic 3 Pto have this feature?:)
Basically every DJI Photo drone can do this.

Fantastic 360. Kuula does them very well. Especially allowing zoom!
It is a wonderful 360, but Kuula sadly is more about pano sharing than image quality. It's file size limitations mean that the 75MB in camera HiRes stitch on a Mavic 3 is reduced to a mere 16MB! That loses 5x the zoom capability of the in camera stitch, and 12MB is the size of the low res stitch that DJI creates from 25 12MP images.

Keep in mind that each 360 pano is stitched from 25 still images of either 12MP, 20MP or 48MP each, all with overlap. That's 3 rows of 8 images comprising every 45° of a circle. The whole point of a 360° pano is to be able to zoom in at least 5x and the maintain sharpness of the original images. The FullRes stitch of twenty-five 20MB overlapping images is actually some 300MB! So when that is dumbed down to a mere 16MB on Kuala, you are losing 95% the file size and resolution of the full stitch!

Thank you so much everybody for the pleasing words. I appreciate the feedback!

You already found the laction. Here was the spot the picture was taken:

I will check if I still have the automatedresults.
I made my pano directly for kuula size of max 16.000px wide.

Thats very welcome advice with this software. I am looking for a way to upload my panos in high resolution. I will take a look at it. Is the stiching quality better same as in GTPui. Do you have any example of a HighRes Pano from this software?

Basically every DJI Photo drone can do this.
The Air 3 automated in camera stitch purports to be HiRes, just like the Mavic 3, which should be some 75MB, which is 5x larger than the Kuula max file size of 16MB.

Stitching quality of PSP 3 is on a parity with PTGui at 1/3 the cost, and offers additional interactive mapping capability not found in PTGui. Since the Mavic 3 HiRes 75MB in camera stitches are so good, complete with cloned in ceiling, I stopped stitching them myself, as the PSP 3 stitches were about the same size, and I now just use PSP 3 to convert them into a webpage with supporting files, unless there were serious stitching errors. Then, I use PSP 3 to stitch them at max quality, and convert to a web page. Do keep both the automated stitch and the originals for comparison. The metadata in the in camera stitch can then be easily copied into the PSP 3 stitch, for location, as PSP couldn't read location data in DNG files. I usually shoot JPG for the originals, rather than JPG, from which it can read the meta location data. You can't simultaneously shoot both DNG and JPG in the automated pano shooting. It's one or the other. PSP 3 also evens out the exposure while stitching. Lots of control there. If you need a ceiling, you can import the final stitch into PS and clone one in and expand the canvas to a full 360x180.

The Air 3 advertises a HiRes stitch, so I assume it uses the 48MP Quad Bayer stacked sensor stills instead of the native 12MP stills, but I have also heard that the in camera stitch is not as good as the Mavic 3 HiRes stitch. However, that could just be unrealistic user expectations. Stitches do not work well without clearly defined overlapping details, so clear skies and water and horizons can sometimes be sketchy,

The Air 3 automated in camera stitch purports to be HiRes, just like the Mavic 3, which should be some 75MB, which is 5x larger than the Kuula max file size of 16MB.

Stitching quality of PSP 3 is on a parity with PTGui at 1/3 the cost, and offers additional interactive mapping capability not found in PTGui. Since the Mavic 3 HiRes 75MB in camera stitches are so good, complete with cloned in ceiling, I stopped stitching them myself, as the PSP 3 stitches were about the same size, and I now just use PSP 3 to convert them into a webpage with supporting files, unless there were serious stitching errors. Then, I use PSP 3 to stitch them at max quality, and convert to a web page. Do keep both the automated stitch and the originals for comparison. The metadata in the in camera stitch can then be easily copied into the PSP 3 stitch, for location, as PSP couldn't read location data in DNG files. I usually shoot JPG for the originals, rather than JPG, from which it can read the meta location data. You can't simultaneously shoot both DNG and JPG in the automated pano shooting. It's one or the other. PSP 3 also evens out the exposure while stitching. Lots of control there. If you need a ceiling, you can import the final stitch into PS and clone one in and expand the canvas to a full 360x180.

The Air 3 advertises a HiRes stitch, so I assume it uses the 48MP Quad Bayer stacked sensor stills instead of the native 12MP stills, but I have also heard that the in camera stitch is not as good as the Mavic 3 HiRes stitch. However, that could just be unrealistic user expectations. Stitches do not work well without clearly defined overlapping details, so clear skies and water and horizons can sometimes be sketchy,
Just for your information,the max image wide on kuula 16000px, not 16mb and the air3 takes 33 images for a panorama ;)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
What other pano modes does it have, vertical and 180 in addition to the 360?

Wish it had custom modes, like you specify the number of rows and columns.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman