DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first 4K movie (Ski in french Alps)

Fredo

Reactions
Hi all, let me introduce you my first movie entirely shot in 4K and uploaded on Youtube in 4K.
up today i only worked with a maximum of 2.7k. Now that i bought a 4K TV, i'm playing with the full resolution of my bird.
Check this and tell me what you think about it.
Cheers.
Fredo

Lovely!

Reactions: vanim8
Awesome. Venue, skiing, piloting, filming, editing, dubbing - awesome. What are your specs?? What drone/camera/filters, what editing/dubbing software? Time at the yoke? Fantastic clip - sorry to ask so many questions. Hell, what skis were you using & what you have for breakfast? Again, awesome.

Really great, just a question I once tried to film in a ski resort on a very nice day but because of the sun reflection and my sun glasses and even without sun glasses I found it very difficult to see anything on my screen. Are you using Crystalsky or Moverio or goggles ?

Hi all, let me introduce you my first movie entirely shot in 4K and uploaded on Youtube in 4K.
up today i only worked with a maximum of 2.7k. Now that i bought a 4K TV, i'm playing with the full resolution of my bird.
Cheers.
Fredo

excellent video, need to have some balls to get good video like this

Cheers.
Fredo

fabulous....off skiing next week ....hoping for the same....snow and film!!

Thank you all for your support! It's always a pleasure to read that comments after so many hours of hard works.

For the questions, here is answers:
Drone is Mavic Pro
No filters
Filmed in 4K, 23.967fps, all automatic
No post production filtering.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
1 hour 55 min of flight and shots for 3:11 of movie.
My screen is a phablet Huawei Mediapad X2 7"
No problem to see footage on the screen during flights
Skis were Rossignol 84HD
Boots Nordica speedmachine 110
Breakfast was mostly french specialities but the best was "Raclette"

I love the Raclette part. Keep posting your beautiful clips
I already had some other movies on my YouTube channel, please subscribe.
Chech my 2017 ski holidays in Courchevel.

I think if you go to the Rossignol 82's your footage would be better.... ;)Thumbswayup

What was the temperature? How long did your batteries last?
Temperature was from - 10°C to 0°C
Nothing special about batteries fly time. Still around 20min depend of wind and what you do with your bird.

Fredo, were your shots/passes all planned in advance? Or you simply drained batteries and selected your favorite footage later? How many different "home locations" did you launch from for that 2 hours of raw footage? Finally, was that you and a companion on that ridge?

Awesome piece of flying/video! Thanks for posting it. Inspiring for piles of newbies like myself.

Fredo, were your shots/passes all planned in advance? Or you simply drained batteries and selected your favorite footage later? How many different "home locations" did you launch from for that 2 hours of raw footage? Finally, was that you and a companion on that ridge?

Awesome piece of flying/video! Thanks for posting it. Inspiring for piles of newbies like myself.

I spent a week there, I always ski with my Mavic in my backpack. During the first days it was snowing, so i didn't launched the drone. But i recognized some good spot to fly on. But no, everything was not planned in advance. Most of times i just fly and see when in the air what can be good to get for my movie. And for the first time i chose my music BEFORE going skiing (best idea i never had) So yes, i knowed a bit what i needed to match with this song.
If i remember well, i launched from only 5 differents "home locations".
And nope, that was not me and a friend, just two guys on a top of the hill in same time than my drone. :D

Here is my last ski video, one year ago. Did i Progressed? :rolleyes:

I spent a week there, I always ski with my Mavic in my backpack. During the first days it was snowing, so i didn't launched the drone. But i recognized some good spot to fly on. But no, everything was not planned in advance. Most of times i just fly and see when in the air what can be good to get for my movie. And for the first time i chose my music BEFORE going skiing (best idea i never had) So yes, i knowed a bit what i needed to match with this song.
If i remember well, i launched from only 5 differents "home locations".
And nope, that was not me and a friend, just two guys on a top of the hill in same time than my drone. :D

Here is my last ski video, one year ago. Did i Progressed? :rolleyes:

I love BEFORE and AFTER! Your recent one is a bit smoother, perhaps your panning shots a bit slower.

More questions about the recent video:
Max altitude AGL?
And what was that above sea level?
Notice any handling issues in the thinner atmosphere at altitude?
Max horizontal distance from your controller?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian