DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first work of art - Kefalonia, Greece

SiMac

Reactions
Hello all!

I've been the proud owner of a Mavic for a couple of weeks now. Here is the result of my first attempt at a video on Kefalonia, where I have been working this summer. I am new to video making but am in love with the entire process! have tried to create a flowing narrative from start to end as much as possible following the song beat.. quite excited (read: ridiculously excited) with the result and feeling I could already improve so much for the next one.

Some of my early observations:
-The importance of keeping it smooooth smooth smooth and gentle the whole time. So many nice cuts were ruined with a jerk (still a few jerks made it in in places).
-When side-on to sunlight flashing horizontal stripes appear.. haven't searched if this is a known issue yet, but could it be the sunlight through the propellers?
-This idea of shooting in d-log and putting the colour in after seemed like too much time and effort to be worth it so just shot in the built in "vivid" mode. I have used no post colour correction or ND filters- could be an idea to dabble with for that front-on sunlight..
-DaVinci Resolve is an awesome piece of free editing software
-Nature is stunning and the world is awesome

How did I do?:)

Very nicely done. There was some haze in the air that gave some of the location sort of a mystical look that I liked.
You probably could have used an ND filter to eliminate some of the brightness but overall I liked it. Good job on the editing too.

You did a great job. Very nice footage.
Overall it looks a bit flat, try to add some more contrast, especially a bit darker blacks.

Very nicely done. There was some haze in the air that gave some of the location sort of a mystical look that I liked.
You probably could have used an ND filter to eliminate some of the brightness but overall I liked it. Good job on the editing too.

Thank you much appreciated!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89