DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My iPhone won’t connect!

Kev rich

Reactions
I have read numerous articles on this issue and can’t seem to get to the bottom of it...I plug my iPhone 7 into my dji Mavic pro controller and nothing happens, I have updated everything, reset my iPhone, put in airplane mode and so on....I can connect to the drone via WiFi. I can plug in my kids iPhone 6 and theirs works fine, but my phone, when I plug in, it’s like I did nothing ....I don’t want to have to buy a new device so I can fly my drone without asking for my kids phone...any help??

Something to try. Delete the app. Then reinstall?
Did that, more than once, deleted app, reinstalled, put in airplane mode, shut off phone, restarted and plugged in and nothing and did it in a bunch of different ways, probably have deleted and reinstalled over 5 times...my phone doesn’t even recognize that I plugged anything in...

Carefully clean out the lightning port. Sounds like the connection isn’t getting made. Gently use a pushpin and/or compressed air and make sure there’s no lint in the port. If that doesn’t help, try different cables.

Reactions: AMann
Suggest you don’t use a metal push pin as there are live connections in a phone socket. Try using a wooden toothpick very gently.

Just tried, didn’t think of that since all of my devices I plug in to my phone work (car, connector for headphones, charger)...unfortunately there is still not connection or even sign of my phone knowing something is plugged in.

I assume you're connecting to the connector on the side of the controller. If so, unplug the cable from the side port and using a USB cable, try connecting your iPhone to the USB connection on the bottom of your controller.

I'm assuming your iPhone 7 is new and you're using the new cable that came with it? If not try using another cable...It should connect, thats really strange... Lets us know how you make out, I'm curious now!~

I have the same problem. I flew it this morning, and after the update my android won't connect. Tried all the different USB connections, tried wife's iPhone. No luck. Convinced the app update bricked it.

I have had that problem with cables and iPhone. I found it best to change out the cable even though it works on other equjpment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix