DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic crash

That was a fascinating flight. Were you trying to break it? Anyway, at 655 seconds, 82 m altitude and 91 m from your home point, you executed a perfect CSC. That's the first time I've seen that done.
DJI should add into the flight log when CSC is initiated. Don't you have to hold the CSC position for a short duration or something? If it's instantaneous, anyone flying in sports mode zipping around could accidentally trigger it.

Reactions: zero1981
DJI should add into the flight log when CSC is initiated. Don't you have to hold the CSC position for a short duration or something? If it's instantaneous, anyone flying in sports mode zipping around could accidentally trigger it.

It was held for over one second.

Reactions: Bazzam and RayOZ
If it was a bird, the drone would be spinning on the way down, cos the motors would likely still be spinning. This one, it just "gracefully" drop.

Yeah, I was impressed by how smoothly it came down! Looked like it was tired after a lot of vigorous, full-stick inputs and was glad for a little CSC break...

Yeah, I was impressed by how smoothly it came down! Looked like it was tired after a lot of vigorous, full-stick inputs and was glad for a little CSC break...
Does anyone know if a quadcopter will exhibit some autorotation in such circumstances, as helo pilots are familiar with?
Anyone care to get two mavics, one taking video of another doing a CSC? Be very cool.

Wing.jpg Bird
Wing.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if a quadcopter will exhibit some autorotation in such circumstances, as helo pilots are familiar with?
Anyone care to get two mavics, one taking video of another doing a CSC? Be very cool.
Sure. I'll video with mine, you can CSC with yours. ;)

Reactions: Pietros
I'm not sure if it could autorotates, as the pilot has no control of the pitch of the blades I would doubt it though...

Has the video gone???

Also, OP, did you change the CSC settings in the app? Because by default, you cannot stop the motors whilst inflight unless there is a 'critical error'?

Has the video gone???

Also, OP, did you change the CSC settings in the app? Because by default, you cannot stop the motors whilst inflight unless there is a 'critical error'?
Not true. You can CSC at any time during flight.

Reactions: chadrob30
Not true. You can CSC at any time during flight.
Errm no, the default setting is that CSC will only work when the AC detects a critical error. What that is I dont know.
You would have to change this setting to be able to use the CSC in flight.

csc.jpg index.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne