DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

my mavic keeps saying no signal and stops filming but still flies fine with controller

my mavic keeps saying no signal and stops filming still flies fine with controller
Howdy mark reah, what system are you using (iOS or Android?) What type of memory card? How often / at what time does it happen?

On loss of signal and end of filming; a similar situation. I thought I had enough battery in my phone for a short flight & footage over the wake park.

Flew it out & positioned the bird by a jump & my phone died - filming stopped, and the drone just hovered 10 meters offshore; luckily still had 80% left in the bird about 60 on the RC. I should've tied the RC first but panicked and had staff take me out on a jetski to catch it cause I knew it would self land once it ran out of juice. it just hovered 5meters up. I decided to see if the RC back on the dock would work, so we went back. The RC worked and I was able to get it back before the low battery warning. Now I preflight ALL my batteries(phone too) are 100% and I never trust my phone below 50%

So, wait a minute, you took a jet ski out to your hovering bird & didn't take the RC with you?
I think you are quite lucky to get your bird back, lucky man!

I'd recommend that every time. Not had a single disconnect since I started using an Anker cable in the bottom / rear USB port Thumbswayup

So, wait a minute, you took a jet ski out to your hovering bird & didn't take the RC with you?
I think you are quite lucky to get your bird back, lucky man!

Yeah. I should've first checked to see if the RC still had control, but my mind raced to a prior connection lost where it just landed, but this was in a field and only 10 ft away. At the cable park that day it was 30 ft out over the water, I didnt bring the remote because i didn't want to risk that in the drink as well. Lucky there was a lot of battery still left, cause once I was able to communicate EMERGENCY to the Thai staff...AND the jetski finally started it was only a 4-5 second ride out . THEN I thought DUH, try the RC first!!

right outta the box the first usb cable crapped and I not knowing better, sent it back to the dealer. A couple of "thinner" phone usb's I tried sometimes worked, but thick one Im using now seems pretty solid. But from what I've read here, that Anker cable they talk about here seems like the way to go....And I'm ordering it from the states, lotta fakes around here

I'd recommend that every time. Not had a single disconnect since I started using an Anker cable in the bottom / rear USB port Thumbswayup
I just purchased the mavic pro and am having this same issue. I need clarification.

-What is an anchor cable? Sounds like connect thru regular usb to phone. I'm using iPhone.

-How to use?

-Where to purchase?

Also, on this same issue I can connect to drone, leave connected without taking off and it will lose signals.

I just purchased the mavic pro and am having this same issue. I need clarification.

-What is an anchor cable? Sounds like connect thru regular usb to phone. I'm using iPhone.

-How to use?

-Where to purchase?

Also, on this same issue I can connect to drone, leave connected without taking off and it will lose signals.
Anker is just a brand of cable.

Basically you want to use the full sized usb on bottom of controller and a standard genuine lightening cable or MFi certified one.

Anker is just a brand of cable.

Basically you want to use the full sized usb on bottom of controller and a standard genuine lightening cable or MFi certified one.
Thanks. Just ordered off eBay.

Does it matter the iPhone has no service?

I recently switched to android but figured iPhone would be better for control and Android for the VR experience.

Drone I was having issues with crashed and burned! [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

But the replacement drone I have NOT had a single connection issue. Don’t know if it’s a hardware or software issue? I now just used Anker cable for charging. Also unless I screwed something up, the Anker cable took too long to connect. I’m thankful the RC and iOS just work now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta