DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Mini was blown away by strong wind - Need to repair

Patrick Bergeron

Reactions
Hello everyone,

My mavic mini was blown away by strong winds and hit a branch and fell 3 meters from the river.
You can see the detail in this video. I lost the connection at 1:34 and it hit the branch at 3:34.
I was lucky that the drone did not strike any vehicles or buildings or run in the water before it crashed.
I learned that you shouldn't fly the Mavic Mini when it's windy.

The drone was damaged and the gimbal came out of its location as well as the 3-way cable which was broken. I replaced the cable as well as put the gimbal back to its normal position. However when I start the drone the gimbal keeps moving and there is no image from the camera. Did someone know was is the problem. Is the optical cable damaged or something else? You can see the error messages as well when I start the drone. I tried to recalibrate the gimbal but it cannot complete.

Your help would be greatly appreciated in finding the source of the problem because here we are in lockdown at least until February 11 and all stores and repair shops are closed.

Reactions: Steel63
I wonder if putting it in S mode before connection was lost would have helped?

Glad you were able to retrieve your Mini.

Reactions: Steel63
You could take it all apart to see if there is anything else wrong or wait until something opens.

Reactions: Steel63 and DDS
The mini doesn't like high winds I never crashed my mini but had a few close calls. Hope you get it flying again soon good luck? greetings from ? Florida

Reactions: Patrick Bergeron
I Change the optical cable of the camera and it fix the problem.
I long process, I follow the video on youtube:

Thanks,

Everywhere you look there is WiFi potential interference point. No wonder it got confused. I still have the mini but also upgraded to the Mavic Air 2. Ya, more money, but such a better drone without all that nonsense of flaky flights.

Everywhere you look there is WiFi potential interference point. No wonder it got confused. I still have the mini but also upgraded to the Mavic Air 2. Ya, more money, but such a better drone without all that nonsense of flaky flights.
Hi there & welcome to the forum... or congrats to your first post anyway ? :D

Even though the differences between the Mini's Enhanced WiFi & the MA2's Occusync can be huge in a very WiFi interfered area ... this incident had nothing to do with that.

This was a flight conducted in to strong winds for the Mini ... which have, compered to the MA2, a much lower max speed. Access to a faster speed than the wind speed is crucial if you want to successfully make headway against it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada