DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Was Shot Out of the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgr33n

Reactions
As the title says, someone shot down my Mavic. I was about 30ft away. It crashed onto their property, and after the walked it out to me. I immediately checked out the video and sure enough it appears he took it out with an air rifle (two props).

What should I do now? I've called local LE and am currently waiting a return call. I've contacted the FAA but their office is closed for the day. Will call again tomorrow.

What I need is assistance getting my flight log off my phone and also if it can be proven the reason it crashed was rotor speed suddenly having a problem.

So you have the footage then,. Was it a kid ?

UPDATE! Local sheriff just left my house. He viewed the video, took a copy, and he will be seeking malicious mischief and reckless endangerment charges. I was approximately 100ft AGL when he landed the first shot, iirc. My bother was also with me and is being treated as a witness. I will be contacting the local FAA office in the morning and seeking guidance on how to proceed.

This house has been a huge problem in my area for some time now. I sincerely hope there can be some prosecution happening. He fired multiple projectiles which is dangerous in and of itself, but also caused a risk of my Mavic coming down on nearby power lines, a road, or even people. Also, I don't know what condition the internals are in so I do not know if I should trust it to fly. So I'm currently out of a drone....

Anyway, I will not lose the video. It has been copied a few times already just in case. I will upload and share it soon, likely tomorrow after my chat with the FAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman