DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My most cinematic film yet. Durlston Castle and Anvil Point Lighthouse on Jurassic Coast, UK

Derlisz

Reactions

This was filmed using Mavic 2 Pro and an Osmo Pocket. Hand graded in FCPX. I thought it would be a good idea to add some sound effects of nature to a company this beautiful music. It's only my second attempt at adding sound effects and I'm really pleased with the result. I invite you all to watch the video, say what you think about it and most of all visitors this magnificent place on Jurassic Coast of UK.

For the description of this location pleas look at information I've left in YouTube description.

Nicely done and good sound effects.
Not to much sound effect but just enough to make it enjoyable.
Good editing.

I can give you a tip for your Osmo Pocket to have another angle and spectacular shots.
When you have a nice object, just do a active track with the pocket and walk smoothly by it. That gives a nice groundlevel shot ( look once a some films a posted where I do it regulary, and also in the omso section ith only pocket shots you can see it.)
Then you can mix that shot with a nice and smooth droneshot.

grtz

Excellent video, but a little too much audio. Ocean audio should diminish as altitude increases

We are traveling from US to UK next may...any words of wisdom on filming in UK would be appreciated. Of course I can’t fly in London, but we are visiting Cotswold area as well, before heading out to France and Italy

Nicely done and good sound effects.
Not to much sound effect but just enough to make it enjoyable.
Good editing.

I can give you a tip for your Osmo Pocket to have another angle and spectacular shots.
When you have a nice object, just do a active track with the pocket and walk smoothly by it. That gives a nice groundlevel shot ( look once a some films a posted where I do it regulary, and also in the omso section ith only pocket shots you can see it.)
Then you can mix that shot with a nice and smooth droneshot.

grtz
Thanks for watching and feedback. I do use the method you've described quite a lot in my videos and actually find better to apply camera motion position to my movement to bring out the third dimension in the filmed subject. I have used this in one shot in this video at 1.33 I have had some shots of the castle made in the same way but due to narrow lens and other objects in the shot I decided not to use them.

Beautiful camera work. Transition effects between scenes would enhance it I think, e.g. cross fade.The drone work is so smooth that the transition between scenes feels particularly abrupt.

I thoroughly enjoyed it though.
Thanks a lot for you opinion. As I'm going for the cinematic style of editing I avoid any transitions as much as I can avoid using them. Cinematic here would stand for imitating cinema or at least TV production where you will not find any or very few transitions used. I edit for the music beat which is even a step further then typical cinematic trend.

Reactions: Made2Phly
We are traveling from US to UK next may...any words of wisdom on filming in UK would be appreciated. Of course I can’t fly in London, but we are visiting Cotswold area as well, before heading out to France and Italy
Sure. Look up drone code. Install "drone assist" and be reasonable. If you fly in popular places do it outside of busy hours.

Excellent video, but a little too much audio. Ocean audio should diminish as altitude increases
Thank. I don't know your setup but the sound desig is such that the volume is adjusted depending on the scene even including balance levels for stereo. It very apparent on all devices I have tested video on as in past i have had mixed results device dependant. It's only a second video where I have added sound effects so bare with me ;)

This was filmed using Mavic 2 Pro and an Osmo Pocket. Hand graded in FCPX. I thought it would be a good idea to add some sound effects of nature to a company this beautiful music. It's only my second attempt at adding sound effects and I'm really pleased with the result. I invite you all to watch the video, say what you think about it and most of all visitors this magnificent place on Jurassic Coast of UK.

For the description of this location pleas look at information I've left in YouTube description.
The thing that makes me love this clip is the deliberate slowness of the shots. No jerky moves, smooth panning, slow reveals, etc. We can all learn from this one in my opinion.

Reactions: Derlisz
The thing that makes me love this clip is the deliberate slowness of the shots. No jerky moves, smooth panning, slow reveals, etc. We can all learn from this one in my opinion.
I'm appreciate your comment. It took me a while to realise what you noticed here. Often the slower you get the more it allows your viewer take in. It's good to have the speed available for when the distances from subject are greater and you need to fly full speed to relay the sense of movement at all.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest