DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My repair experience...fyi

56_kruiser

Reactions
I let my Mavic get too close to a plant and the pros not branches, and it landed upside down on concrete. It was ~ a 3" fall.

After that the gumball would not calibrate. So I sent it in to then on my refresh, to one of their repair detours in Texas.

After about 2 weeks and $79 a replacement arrived,

My needs have been met, and the following I guess is of no consequence, but it is a bit suspicious . The repair list was as follows:

America

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Upper Cover 1 1.00 1.00
Rear Left Motor Arm 1 19.00 19.00
Gimbal Vibration Damping Module 1 2.00 2.00
Gimbal Arm Module 1 59.00 59.00
Middle Frame Module 1 4.00 4.00
Lower Shell 1 11.00 11.00
Rear Right Motor Arm 1 19.00 19.00
Repair Service Fee 2 65.00/H 130.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 79.00
Total Payment: 79.00

Drone seemed fine except for the failure to calibrate.

It does make me wonder if they are using contractors for the repair and DJI is getting stiffed.

Maybe those are the repairs required by the replacement they sent you.

I'm no expert but this seems unlikely.
Why so? They sent him a replacement, not his repaired Mavic. It seems reasonable to me that they'd keep historical logs of the rebuilt drones linked to their true serial number. The owner is paying a fixed price, regardless of the actual expense of the repairs. I don't see any reason they should do it any other way. If the replacement crashes, it's easy to see what had been done to it without chasing cross-linked data. Plus, they seem to be sending a replacement long before the one sent in is repaired, likely before to they've even analyzed it for nonobvious damage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico