DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nanuk Case - Received

MavicMike55

Reactions
Just got the Nunuk case for the Mavic Air 2 that I pre-ordered from B&H. It is very very nice. Everything fits in it perfectly, even the controller without removing the sticks. The latches are really cool, better than the latches in the GPC case, IMO. One MINOR issue is that you must be very careful with the props on the rear arms when removing from the case. I am using a rubber band to hold them in place, or to be safe, you can just remove the rear props and store them in the prop cutout with the spares. Overall, I am quite happy with this case. But now, I notice on the B&H site that there are several different colors available now for the same case. But, the price is now $109 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one
Yay! Glad they finally made other colors available. I need a hi-vis case for my work. Just put the order in the B&H and canceled by back-order with Amazon.

to be safe, you can just remove the rear props and store them in the prop cutout with the spares.
Be very careful about repeatedly removing any two props on the MA2. If you put them back on incorrectly (they are easily put on the wrong motors, unlike all prior Mavics, where they cannot be installed incorrectly) ) and don't pay close attention to the color coding of silver and black, the drone will immediately flip over upon launch! If you ever do this inadvertently, you'll have a very bad day!

Be very careful about repeatedly removing any two props on the MA2. If you put them back on incorrectly (they are easily put on the wrong motors, unlike all prior Mavics, where they cannot be installed incorrectly) ) and don't pay close attention to the color coding of silver and black, the drone will immediately flip over upon launch! If you ever do this inadvertently, you'll have a very bad day!
I'm well aware. :rolleyes:

I'm well aware. :rolleyes:
Hopefully, others who are not as savvy will benefit from the reminder.
It's Autel's fault, as this was a pre-emptive decision by DJI to be able to sell the MA2 in the U.S., even if Autel prevailed in the injunction, which they did, but, fortunately, it was overruled.

It's Autel's fault, as this was a pre-emptive decision by DJI to be able to sell the MA2 in the U.S., even if Autel prevailed in the injunction, which they did, but, fortunately, it was overruled.
interesting, i was wondering why that design seems dumb to a layman like me lol.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Can you post a couple pictures of it? Would love to see it. I preordered the GPC case and still haven’t heard anything and BH hasn’t answered me for almost two weeks. I’m about to just cancel it and order this instead

interesting, i was wondering why that design seems dumb to a layman like me lol.
It is a trap for the unwary, especially when putting the props on without glasses or in dim lighting. Impossible to do with the Mavic 2, as they cannot be installed incorrectly, so us old timers might get sloppy, and not realize that it is easily possible on the MA2. As proof of concept, on at least two occasions with the Mavic 2, I couldn't get the props to lock on. It was frustrating until I realized my error. Had that been the MA2, no frustration, until after launch and flip over! ?

Last edited:
Autel was overruled because their so-called patent wasn’t legitimate. Bravo DJI!

Can you post a couple pictures of it? Would love to see it. I preordered the GPC case and still haven’t heard anything and BH hasn’t answered me for almost two weeks. I’m about to just cancel it and order this instead
20200603_081345.jpg20200603_081321.jpg20200603_081258.jpg20200603_081310.jpg20200603_082114.jpg

I have to say, the cutout design and setup seem a little better to me than my GPC, but it's nit picky and I got the GPC for free :)
though looking closer I much prefer the clasps on the GPC

Last edited:
I am glad Nanuk released a hard case. I bought on for my MA and love it for travel or storage when I can not fly. They are pretty well laid out and very durable.

I love my Nanuk, BUT I’ve decided to remove the rear propellers since the fit is tight. Tight is good. Also, it gives me pause to check all propellers before flight. Again, a good thing to do. Happy flying.

One MINOR issue is that you must be very careful with the props on the rear arms when removing from the case. I am using a rubber band to hold them in place, or to be safe, you can just remove the rear props and store them in the prop cutout with the spares.

That was the only thing I didn't like too. I actually modified mine by cutting the foam to fit, now it fits when putting in or taking it out with little to no prop-touch (no resistance):
Just used a straight razor blade and carefully cut down straight. I think this is one place where GPC won out over the Nanuk because theirs came cut to match better.

I also cut a small cut out for the front props (rear of the case) but did not go all the way to the bottom, just a little concave so the front props don't have pressure on them while in the case, you can see where I illustrated that as well.

Very easy to do and problem solved, just take your time.

IMG_0755.jpg

Reactions: 4score
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan