DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NBC News - Drone “threat” -- *Media Hype*

Then you are the very definition of confirmation bias and, as long as you are okay going through life with a completely inaccurate view of reality provided that it fits with how you would like it to be, you'll be just fine.

You are too funny!

Like I said, I would rather believe Randy than the blatantly biased hate news on our hobby.

1. Who's Randy?
2. I have a friend who is Randy also, same guy?
3. Pretty sure there is a really awesome thread about the Gatwick Conspiracy.... More about Gatwick Airport Terrorists
4. Going back to drinking my coffee.
5. I'm attempting to stay on course with my OP about media hyped pieces
6. Love All

1. Who's Randy?
2. I have a friend who is Randy also, same guy?
3. Pretty sure there is a really awesome thread about the Gatwick Conspiracy.... More about Gatwick Airport Terrorists
4. Going back to drinking my coffee.
5. I'm attempting to stay on course with my OP about media hyped pieces
6. Love All

Post #15
Pro aerial photographer endorsed by DJI
No conspiracy - people thought crane lights in the fog were drones near the airport.

Post #15
Pro aerial photographer endorsed by DJI
No conspiracy - people thought crane lights in the fog were drones near the airport.

So what you're saying is..........

Attachments

• i-know-a-guy.jpg
    i-know-a-guy.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
So what you're saying is..........

Yep and I have read the same.
People want it to be drones so badly they are blood thirsty for it.
Ergo, the media hype.
Especially about the inaccurate University of Dayton study.
DJI proved them to be incorrect yet the media still uses the video as shown in the OP story.

Yep and I have read the same.
People want it to be drones so badly they are blood thirsty for it.
Ergo, the media hype.
Especially about the inaccurate University of Dayton study.
DJI proved them to be incorrect yet the media still uses the video as shown in the OP story.

Please do share what you think was inaccurate about the Dayton study.

Actually I said please share what you think is inaccurate, not please parrot whichever opinion most closely aligns with your desired reality. DJI were obviously annoyed that one of their aircraft was used in the study, but their main complaint was factually incorrect, and an obvious attempt at deflecting. It is trivial, if you can be bothered (which I realize that you can't), to confirm that the impact speed in the test is within the flight characteristics of the Mooney. And it's not even as if anyone familiar with the subject isn't fully aware of the effect of these kinds of collisions. They were dissembling to protect their business.

But obviously, since DJI is a trusted and completely independent opinion of the hazards presented by their aircraft, you would choose to blindly accept their opinion over the demonstrable hard evidence of an experimental study.

Reactions: Wilbur
Actually I said please share what you think is inaccurate, not please parrot whichever opinion most closely aligns with your desired reality. DJI were obviously annoyed that one of their aircraft was used in the study, but their main complaint was factually incorrect, and an obvious attempt at deflecting. It is trivial, if you can be bothered (which I realize that you can't), to confirm that the impact speed in the test is within the flight characteristics of the Mooney. And it's not even as if anyone familiar with the subject isn't fully aware of the effect of these kinds of collisions. They were dissembling to protect their business.

But obviously, since DJI is a trusted and completely independent opinion of the hazards presented by their aircraft, you would choose to blindly accept their opinion over the demonstrable hard evidence of an experimental study.

Sorry you do not like my reality.
I stand by my opinions of both.

Last edited:
Sorry you do not like my reality.
I stand by my opinions of both.
Sorry you refuse to accept it.
You seem to believe government and that is OK
Government is bliss...

Come on - you can do better than that. At least try to make a coherent argument. Dayton is not a government research lab. I just don't understand why all you care about is finding opinions that match your own preconceptions, and reject everything else as fake/hate/government etc. As a result you just end up peddling demonstrable nonsense. As Moynihan said, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Guys, love to see the structured debate, but could it be done else where? Asking for a friend.

@pmshop you never really answered what @sar104 initially asked in regards to your own personal thought on why it was inaccurate. Simply re-sharing what DJI posted didn't really help anything.

Guys, love to see the structured debate, but could it be done else where? Asking for a friend.

@pmshop you never really answered what @sar104 initially asked in regards to your own personal thought on why it was inaccurate. Simply re-sharing what DJI posted didn't really help anything.

The article is what I think.
How hard is that?

Well ok then - when you shared the link, you didn't give anything else beyond that, just asking you to clarify. Context is everything

It's pointless. You are not dealing with someone who understands or exercises independent thinking.

Reactions: pvs
@sar104 everyone is entitled to their own thought process and view points. I may not agree with it, but I'm not gonna blast him for it, though I would ask you guys avoid the continued exchanging of punches and do it via private message or start your own post? Thumbswayup

So....back to my OP about hyped media stuff. :) ?

Reactions: pmshop
@sar104 everyone is entitled to their own thought process and view points. I may not agree with it, but I'm not gonna blast him for it, though I would ask you guys avoid the continued exchanging of punches and do it via private message or start your own post? Thumbswayup

So....back to my OP about hyped media stuff. :) ?

I would have thought that the discussion was about exactly that. I've no interest in continuing the discussion at all, but I'm reluctant to let obviously incorrect information go uncorrected.

It's pointless. You are not dealing with someone who understands or exercises independent thinking.

Community Rules
  • 2. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
That wasn't staying on discussion - I would like to keep this post open, NOT locked by the Admins. The personal jabs are what ruins the discussion. Seeing how I've already toed the lined and been warned myself prior for an inadvertant slip of the tongue, I will convey my experience so it helps you avoid the same fate. Trying to be good mate here and steer the ship the right way....

Reactions: MavicMikeK
Thank you for sharing this news. Any threat, real or otherwise, to our hobby should be given a second glance.

Fake News again!

Not fake per se but it is sensationalized hype.

BTW, Authorities warn you not to use the faucets in your house as they have been known to release large quantites of dihydrogen monoxide. The sky is falling! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!

As a pilot and flight instructor myself I can tell you that it is true that sUAS are ever increasing in prevalence - so much so that I recall flying out in the San Francisco Bay area last fall and during a preflight weather briefing, the briefer flat out told me "Be advised: Multiple UAS activity at or below 400 ft AGL." They are being flown out there and all over the place.

As for a menace, Chicken Little? Not really. It's true, as I posted in my thread about why people hate drones, that a handful of people misuse the things like this little creep did, intentionally filming a jetliner with a drone on short final for KLAS.

Now taken by a media now run as for profit by the corporate entities which own it, this quickly leads to sensationalism. I especially like how the story cuts over to ISIS using an UAV to drop bombs, implying that drones will attack you from above just after your done fretting about booking a ticket on a Boeing 737 or calming down after your outrage over a ( Mod Removed Political statement ) made. The media knows that it sells and that, as a reporter, if you get those ratings, its a means of advancement and they do it every time.

It's not just drones. It's anything else that scares people or makes them react in the unending outrage culture. Hurricane coming? Find the biggest idiot in the newsroom, get him in a rain slicker, plant him in the direct path of the eyewall, and have him file a stupid report while he's trying to brace himself against 130 mph winds. Is it August and a slow news week? Find a shark attack and plaster it on the news. Stocks drop? Get a stupid photo of the Wall Street trader looking at the big board with a anxious expression. Foreign conflicts? Get out the stock footage of the F-14 launching form the aircraft carrier. Then cut to soldier dad coming home to see his daughter after six months to a story about how the Dutchess of Winsor is pregnant to a report on how cell phones may cause psychosis to a story about that stupid Spanish tomato fight. This is why people hate the media so much.

So now its drones - DRONES - are going to be flown into airplanes or ISIS will bomb us with them, only to be forgotten when a psychopath marches into a school with an AR-15 and kills 5 people before being shot by the cops.

It never ends........

Last edited by a moderator:
As they say ... "Follow the Money!" ... If you ask the question, "Who is making a profit out of these sensational stories?" you'll find some anti-drone company at the end of the rainbow coveting their pot of gold. You just have to see the news regarding the £5Mil. that Gatwick spent on anti-drone tech' [Anti-drone equipment for airports ] to see how it's worth-while for these AD companies to stir up the Media hype ... Their sales teams are thinking that all their Christmases have come at once!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty