DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NBC News - Drone “threat” -- *Media Hype*

Are you inviting a pointless round the table discussion, about Drone Laws by posting a 'Slow news day' Clickbait story on Drones?

Reactions: Joe Boudreault
Lester Holt routinely hypes the news. They even bring in someone with a British accent to make it more dramatic.
Funny how they never reported what the final issue was with the airports shutting down around Christmas in Europe. It wasn't drones...it was crane lights in the fog. Main testimony they went on for that theory "The lights hovered over there for hours."

Funny how they never reported what the final issue was with the airports shutting down around Christmas in Europe. It wasn't drones...it was crane lights in the fog. Main testimony they went on for that theory "The lights hovered over there for hours."

Are you talking about Gatwick again? Where on earth did you dredge up that gem from? There's a good reason that hasn't been widely reported - it's not what happened.

I am worried ... they did the same bs with our education system and I have watched the government destroy my profession(teaching).

The problem is that the politicians don’t educate themselves or ask political people with their own agendas to “research it” or “do a study”

The politicians have no idea that DJI could easily solve the airport problem buy not letting us take off near an airport. They could allow part 107 to still fly with a code. If any of you have experienced a a TFR Temporary Flight Restriction, this already happens!

Actually the politicians generally react more to “hype” then they do to facts and data. You see it everyday.. the truth is what they say.. pretty scary and I fear our hobby/profession will fall victim to it just like education.

Almost think watching the "hyped" drama about the Royal Family is more entertaining than watching the "hyped" media around Drones. Kind of a buzz kill when you think things are going well and then.... bam, a puff piece like this and you cringe and shake your head.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Are you talking about Gatwick again? Where on earth did you dredge up that gem from? There's a good reason that hasn't been widely reported - it's not what happened.

Went to the DJI Photgraphy Academy in January.
That is what Randy Jay Braun said that happened.
With his rep, I would believe him before Lester.

Reactions: Drbobk
I am worried ... they did the same bs with our education system and I have watched the government destroy my profession(teaching).

The problem is that the politicians don’t educate themselves or ask political people with their own agendas to “research it” or “do a study”

The politicians have no idea that DJI could easily solve the airport problem buy not letting us take off near an airport. They could allow part 107 to still fly with a code. If any of you have experienced a a TFR Temporary Flight Restriction, this already happens!

Actually the politicians generally react more to “hype” then they do to facts and data. You see it everyday.. the truth is what they say.. pretty scary and I fear our hobby/profession will fall victim to it just like education.

True - one of the recent FAA regulatory boards did not invite the AMA or other hobbyist entities.

Went to the DJI Photgraphy Academy in January.
That is what Randy Jay Braun said that happened.
With his rep, I would believe him before Lester.

You really need to expand your sourcing of news. Blindly believing something someone told you rather than checking multiple news reports and original sources is a recipe for coming to conclusions that are completely at odds with established facts and documented statements, and just because it's currently an endemic disorder in the US doesn't make it any better.

You really need to expand your sourcing of news. Blindly believing something someone told you rather than checking multiple news reports and original sources is a recipe for coming to conclusions that are completely at odds with established facts and documented statements, and just because it's currently an endemic disorder in the US doesn't make it any better.

Like I said, I would rather believe Randy than the blatantly biased hate news on our hobby.
Remember:

Reactions: 1919Films and Slade
Meanwhile, back on this droney webgroup and others, some discussions have included topics such as ignoring FAA rules, unlocking airspace geozones, bypassing NFZ’s, and l unlocking app links... no wonder why there is some apprehension about what private drones may end up doing to the sport among people who are knowledgeable about them.

Like I said, I would rather believe Randy than the blatantly biased hate news on our hobby.
Remember:
View attachment 71642

Then you are the very definition of confirmation bias and, as long as you are okay going through life with a completely inaccurate view of reality provided that it fits with how you would like it to be, you'll be just fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54