DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ND filters and gimbal

Jameslavis

Reactions
just got the polars in. Now I got them on and see how to hold the gimbal. This little sucker seems very delicate. Can handling it too much as we change filters cause damage? Any best practices or should I even worry?

Polar Pro has a great replacement warranty. So if one is damaged there is a strong possibility that they will replace it at no charge.

I just recieved my PolarPros and they seem sturdy and well made. As long as you handle them for what they are you should be fine. The cleaning cloth that they came with is very handy to keep in your Mavic bag.

Sorry I read your question too fast and didn’t realize what you were asking. Sorry about that. You’re right about the gimbal being delicate, all you can do is make sure the drone is off (I know common sense) and slowly grasp the gimbal and then slowly rotate for best grip and then use other hand to remove the lens for new filter to be installed. Don’t force me the gimbal either way past where it stops. Maybe someone has a cool technique to hold the gimbal in place? Good luck my freind. Enjoy!

Nah I baby it. It’s always off. Mine screw on and off easy. I also leave a filter on just in case i can shoot in the same condition. It just seems delicate!

I’m doing the same and keeping the filter on. Most likely it’ll be the same nice day as I flew before.

I got them on and see how to hold the gimbal. This little sucker seems very delicate. Can handling it too much as we change filters cause damage?
The gimbal is certainly the most delicate part of the Mavic Air. However, it'll be just fine if you handle it carefully.

The gimbal seems fragile but it would actually take some abuse before it broke. Just be gentle while adding/removing filters.

Reactions: Jameslavis
So I bought a set of $40 cheap filters. Amazon (or the seller) had obviously not removed a note from the previous buyer. The guy took a wrench to remove the filter. So I carefully tried one myself and also discovered that you have to be really careful when removing them. I can see how they would get stuck. I'm going to go for an expensive set now.

Attachments

• IMG_4335.JPG
    IMG_4335.JPG
    790.7 KB · Views: 22
Polars are expensive but their impact is huge. Filters affect capture quality and physically can impact your done. These are not the place to cheap out. It’s hard when starting out due to cost but you pay for what you get here.

Polars are expensive but their impact is huge. Filters affect capture quality and physically can impact your done. These are not the place to cheap out. It’s hard when starting out due to cost but you pay for what you get here.
I love Amazon beucase I purchase multiple products and return what I don't like. I was planning on comparing the 2 filters and see if I can see the difference. My PolarPros are due in today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn