DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Near miss with helicopter at South Hollywood beach, Florida.

None of the above. I believe the vid is likely real and the FAA is investigating. However the vid itself did not originate from the news. It was a YouTube post...not a news story. He called the video fake...not the news so the parallel to a Trump supporter is clearly a case of untreated TDS

That's an impressively nuanced distinction. So news is only news if it originates from an accredited news organization?

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
None of the above. I believe the vid is likely real and the FAA is investigating. However the vid itself did not originate from the news. It was a YouTube post...not a news story. He called the video fake...not the news so the parallel to a Trump supporter is clearly a case of untreated TDS
Huh?! Certainly you DO realize that most news videos don't originate from the news channels? In your mind it must be filmed by a news camera to be accurately reported as news?

Why in boats does the lowest powered or slowest craft have right of way,

Wrong,
Sailboat under sail has the right of way over power boats, A sailboat using it's engine is considered a power boat and those rules apply.
Sailboats have to give way over a vessel that has limited ability to maneuver (ocean liner, tanker, freighter etc)
It is every Captains responsibility to avoid collision, period.

Boats approaching each other have specific rules of the road for passing.

Like high powered motorcycles and cars Money talks, nobody walks.

Boats, Drones, anyone can buy one with no or minimal understanding or desire to understand the rules that accompany ownership. Fortunately that number is low.

That's an impressively nuanced distinction. So news is only news if it originates from an accredited news organization?
You're changing the argument to suit your narrative. Surely that might work in a college debate class but it doesn't work with me. The guy simply said the video was fake. It was then implied he was also commenting on the news Which in turn was used as a platform to spout anti trump rhetoric.

I said his comment about the fake video was the dumbest comment in here.... Until the trump comments. Is that clear enough?

Boats, Drones, anyone can buy one with no or minimal understanding or desire to understand the rules that accompany ownership. Fortunately that number is low.

We've rescued quite a lot of "all money, no idea" and weekend boaters over the years. Most of them have been self inflicted such as failure to check fuel, oil and water levels, weather and so on. A lot of these bought drones because its "cool" too. You imagine how that ends up. If they can't be bothered to check boat fuel or weather they certainly wont bother to check, maintain a drone or find out the laws.

You're changing the argument to suit your narrative. Surely that might work in a college debate class but it doesn't work with me. The guy simply said the video was fake. It was then implied he was also commenting on the news Which in turn was used as a platform to spout anti trump rhetoric.

I said his comment about the fake video was the dumbest comment in here.... Until the trump comments. Is that clear enough?

You are being too sensitive; I don't have a narrative and I haven't changed anything. I agree with you on the video comment. The followup comment was probably a bit politically provocative – I can't comment on the author's intent – but I don't think it can reasonably be categorized as dumb.

Reactions: rfc
You are being too sensitive; I don't have a narrative and I haven't changed anything. I agree with you on the video comment. The followup comment was probably a bit politically provocative – I can't comment on the author's intent – but I don't think it can reasonably be categorized as dumb.
Just being observant. Either way I've expended my alotted time quota for e-arguing for the day.

Did anybody step through the video to just before it passes? Do you see anyone in the cockpit? I don't[

Thank you! You are correct there is no one in the **** pit. Also if the drone was that close to that bird that drone would of moved all over the place due to wash.. Its fake

Are you serious? The FAA is already all over it. You aren't much of a cinema sleuth are you? There's not a thing fake about it. You must be a Trump supporter, right? Calling the news "fake" because you don't like the message.
What does this have to do with Trump??? Are you for real? Yes I supported Trump. The vid is fake- Take a close look and blow the bird up---Why is there no one in the cockpit of helicopter?? I assume you voted for Hillary. Moron

What does this have to do with Trump??? Are you for real? Yes I supported Trump. The vid is fake- Take a close look and blow the bird up---Why is there no one in the cockpit of helicopter?? I assume you voted for Hillary. Moron

It was real, I know the pilots.

Reactions: neggy

You can clearly see someone in the right seat. The left side is too shadowed to be clear.

Untitled.jpg

It was real, I know the pilots.
I'm sure the story is real- I'm not seeing anyone in the cockpit- Also the drone did not budge when the bird was by it-The drone stayed very stabile- Again all I'm saying is that video is fake as there are no pilots inside that helicopter

You wouldnt expect the drone to move being stabilised by an IMU, having a stabilised gimbal and passing above something coming towards it at speed. Completely expected behaviour.

I'm sure the story is real- I'm not seeing anyone in the cockpit- Also the drone did not budge when the bird was by it-The drone stayed very stabile- Again all I'm saying is that video is fake as there are no pilots inside that helicopter

That doesn't make any sense at all. So you are saying that there was a near miss as described, and that someone independently made a fake video of it happening? But we only know about it because of the video.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Also the drone did not budge when the bird was by it-The drone stayed very stabile

The explanation I heard was that the drone was above the rotors, and the wash goes down and behind the helicopter. Had the drone been lower it would have been more affected.

That doesn't make any sense at all. So you are saying that there was a near miss as described, and that someone independently made a fake video of it happening? But we only know about it because of the video.
I'm saying that I do not see anyone in the cockpit---Do you?

Show me a pilot in that cockpit

This is our configuration, same as theirs.

sf1.jpg

sf2.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv