DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help asap. loosing connection

Skytex83

Reactions
Im currently trying to film an event and need help 10 minutes ago. Mavic 2 Zoom, all firmware current. I keep losing control and video signal less than 20 feet from me. Im using brand new samsung brand usb to usb-c cables. Ive used 5 different brand new cables. Connecting to a samsung tab 4. usb plugging into the bottom of the controller.

Answers I dont want: Try a new cable. read above. Try plugging into the bottom of the controller. Read above. Micro usb bad. Read above. Update your firmware. Read above.

Please give me ideas/soloutions I havent tried before this idiot drone does something outside of my control.

...I keep losing control and video signal less than 20 feet from me.

Please give me ideas...
By losing control you actually mean a total RC control signal loss & the AC failsafes?

If you're unsure about the above ... I would try out another mobile device to rule out problems with the usb port on that.

By losing control you actually mean a total RC control signal loss & the AC failsafes?

If you're unsure about the above ... I would try out another mobile device to rule out problems with the usb port on that.
Yeah rc signal loss with failsafe as well as video loss. I'll give it a try next flight using a mobile phone. hate the tiny screen but if it works 🤷‍♂️

Check the RC antenna cables ... you can vaguely see them when they disappear into the plastic just where the antenna pivots ... have happened that they have become damaged or actually been broken in that spot, that will give you nearly no range at all.

Check the RC antenna cables ... you can vaguely see them when they disappear into the plastic just where the antenna pivots ... have happened that they have become damaged or actually been broken in that spot, that will give you nearly no range at all.
I will 100% check that. it did ok with my phone but it still failsafe 3 or 4 times. of course if it was the antenna wires i could have just unfolded them a bit better and basically got lucky with my connection being better. If it is the cables, where can i find replacements? I build race and freestyle drones all the time so not scared of working on electronics

Not a clue ... but imagine that the easiest is to source the complete antenna module as in the pic. I'm sure it's easy to find on WWW.

1636842598383.png

Reactions: Skytex83

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998