DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help connecting a wire inside my mini 2

aeldaly

Reactions
I am in Colombia at the moment, and crashed my drone the other day. After I retrieved it, it gave me many errors. I have the DJI refresh, but being in Colombia for the next 3-4 weeks, and not having any certified repair centres in Colombia, I need to fix it myself.

I opened it up, and there is one disconnected cable, and I cannot figure out how to connect it. The drone is fine otherwise and I'm fairly certain that if I manage to connect it, it will work just fine. I'm attaching a video of the cable and where I know it should connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hard to see what you are showing there, but if that "plug" is not long enough to make it to the "socket", either a short piece got lost...or it goes somewhere else...maybe this will help you

Thanks for your answer. It is long enough, I just can't find a place on that chip to place the cable in it. I did see that video, and many other teardown videos, but none of them show the teardown of that piece. It's usually just attached as is.

The cable and chip I'm talking about are visible in the video at 2:12, and 2:26. It's the only cable visible in the front half of the drone in those shots.

You pointed to an area that you said it connects to.
Looking at that connection area, could you possibly connect it to the bottom instead of the top, like under and up?

That little chip is, I believe, the compass module. It doesn't really connect at the end, it just needs to be mounted in the little slot in the drone body.

If the ribbon cable seems a little short to get it in there, the cable is fastened to the body by little self adhesive tabs along it's length. You could carefully ease a few of them off to give you some slack, then re- attach. A pair of tweezers will be a big help.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Do the legs need to be unfolded to give you the slack to connect it ???? I don't know but its a guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes