DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help finding a cheap tablet to use with mini 2

Try this one. The ad says it is available from the US.....I use is with my Mavic Mini 1. I bought the glass screen and case extra for about $30 us. Converting the Aust $ to Greenbacks = about $US 174

Nifty

The post above mine doesn't appear to have a built in compass. The Lenovo M8 has no compass (I bought one and returned it because of that) and I'm not sure about the Samsung you mentioned in your OP. The Asus Zenpad Z8s has been working very well for me and you can likely find them on fleabay used for about 90 bux U.S

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and views of your world.

Both Galaxy Tabn A and Lenovo Tab M8 does not have compass sensor in side. The RC orientation indicator will not work....

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Ended up on this thread with the same question as OP...and I've been pointed to that link before.

Unfortunately, all I have to show for it is an Amazon return because the FireHD8 tablet it says is compatible turns out to be 32-bit only and in fact NOT compatible :(

This is apparently a really hard thing to figure out...I don't know if the system requirements changed or what but I have tried several devices I have and one I ordered and so far the only one that has worked is my "primary phone" which I don't want to use.

I can say *NOT* working are...
-Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 (my newest device I own, with 64-bit CPU but shows as 32-bit Android 9?)
-Fire HD 8 (from the "recommended" list -- but I found CPU-Z reports it as 32-bit and it fails install)
-Pantech Element (Android 4.0 too old, no updates)
-Samsung S5 phone (CPU-Z reports 32-bit)

My "daily driver" phone (LG V30) works but it doesn't fit in the "clip" on the remote, and I had to use a longer USB-C cable to plug it into the controller...and its kinda small, I would prefer a tablet.

One reservation I have with the SM-T290NZKAXAR tablet mentioned by a few is it uses micro-USB (really??) and I'm quite certain the DJI micro-cable won't reach but I don't know how available cables are that would reach...if it has to be micro-OTG or if the "controller" is the USB-host device and a "normal" USB-C to A dongle with USB-A to micro-USB could work. Maybe someone has more info on those.

Have to say its really aggravating to shell out so much money for the mini2 and then find out its got so many comparability issues and I have to shell out a bunch MORE money to try and find a working device to fly...I've never had this nonsense with any other product much less one that is *required* to work with phones/tablets.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa