DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEED HELP!! Lost Mavic Mini

No .. once signal is lost, there is no data to show where the drone ended up.

given the 68% bat remaining on my drone... how far could it still go? and also, isnt it if you lost connection of your drone it will try to go back to the HOME? sorry for the many questions, i actually trying to locate it still...

given the 68% bat remaining on my drone... how far could it still go? and also, isnt it if you lost connection of your drone it will try to go back to the HOME? sorry for the many questions, i actually trying to locate it still...
I've answered all your questions in a detailed reply earlier.
I suggest you read it again, particularly the post about swimming in a fast river.

DJI will give warranty support for cases where a DJI problem caused the loss.
They don't replace drones lost because of careless flying.

When you hit RTH check the distance is decreasing.
If the distance is not getting less you should of canceled RTH and switch to S mode and pushed the right stick forward and lower the height if possible.

Reactions: scooot
Is there something wrong i did? I lost control of it. Is there a problem with mavic mini? Or my signal? What u said is pretty much what happened.. i just dont know why i cant control it back.
Agreed with @Meta4 You were fighting a strong wind. Notice the distance increase, although the aircraft is in RTH. Your last rudder inputs did not help matters. You were simply yawing the aircraft CW and CCW as distance continued to increase. There was nothing wrong with the aircraft.

Signals1.jpg

i c... is there a way that the drone malfunction... or can i complain this to DJI?
You deliberately flew your drone in a wind too powerful for it to overcome, and it was carried away. If you deliberately drive your car into the river, is that Toyota‘s fault?

The OP's added complication was that on signal loss, RTH would kick in again, thus losing any headway he might have been making in sport mode. RTH mode just didn't have the power to combat the wind, and without signal, OP had no way to cancel RTH and descend and/or go to sport mode.

Despite the complications, bottom line was that OP flew in winds that put himself in a no win situation. That's not DJI's fault.

Sar might be able to estimate where it might have landed, but last known battery % on signal loss, it would be a wide net even for him.

i c... is there a way that the drone malfunction... or can i complain this to DJI?

Clearly doesn't look like a drone malfunction. Moreover, DJI requires the drone, in whatever shape, to decide whether it's a product malfunction or even to use Care Refresh. Did you have the location turned on in app under Privacy section????
It should tell you the last position of your drone where it landed/fell (which should be different than the last position you see in the log file).
It looks there are a lot of trees around so, you might want to look hard around and maybe even ask if someone has spotted.

To add on what others have said, the last location your flight record gives you doesn't mean it crashed landed there. It was the last signal received from the drone to your controller. I predict it could've gone much farther from that location. The wind was too strong for the drone to overcome and even in full joystick forward, it would only decrease your drone's speed with the wind like getting an extra boost but once that "boost" runs out your drone goes back at the speed it started. Your drone had a plentiful amount of battery before LOS so it definitely could've been fighting minutes after you've lost connection and drifted even farther while trying to return which makes it even less predictable as to where it landed. DJI won't even give you a paperclip for this. It was just sadly pilot error to venture that far in strong winds.

No malfunction. As has been explained to you, entirely pilot error.

Go into your DJI App>>Flight Records and review your flight. Take a note of where it last was and use your Map to search in that area.

Attached are screen shots of my personal flight record when I "lost control" of mine a few hours ago. Hopefully this example can be used on your end. I thankfully got mine back. Hoping you do find yours.View attachment 88185View attachment 88184View attachment 88183
Why were you flying over a major road and residential areas well beyond the point at which you could see your RPA?

First off I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your MM and best of luck in finding it. A couple of tips moving on from this point. If you're unsuccessful in finding your MM and purchase another one do yourself a favor and put your phone number with a reward amount on the drone somewhere, this will usually give the person, if any, some enticement towards contacting you. As it's been mentioned before in this thread and countless loss of control MM posts before it wind is the MM's biggest enemy. Always fly INTO the wind when you can so that when you do lose control you can fly back with the wind at your back instead of fighting against it. Unfortunately this is a clear issue of pilot error and not anything the drone did wrong. It did exactly what it was asked to do and tried to come back but the wind was too strong for it to do so. In a case like this always descend below the wind and land somewhere where you know you can find it. Tough lesson to learn but you're not the first and you won't be the last. Good luck in finding it and Happy New Year!

Lorenztanjoko~ I think your best alternative would be to post a bunch of Lost and Found print outs several thousand feet downwind from where you last indicated it was on your map.
If you remember your orientation, you should simply be able to draw a line from your own position through the last known position for the drone, and extrapolate out from there…

Reactions: Caleb R.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian