DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help with possible gimbal problem

rfc

Reactions
In this video I shot:
I started slewing to the right. As soon as I did, I noticed the horizon tilt a bit. Shouldn't the gimbal NOT do this. That is, shouldn't it maintain a level horizon? Thanks in advance for advice.

I have had that happen to me a few times but then the camera slowly starts to level back out. Did you do an abrupt movement to have that happen? Did it eventually level out?

Did not seem to. I moved to the right for another 10-15 seconds and it failed to correct. Could low temps affect the lubrication in the gimbal? It was slightly below 0 F.

Hmmm, mine sorts itself out in a few seconds at worst. As for the cold I don't know plus I am not sure if there is fluid in the gimbal motors. Maybe wait for one of the experts on here to chime in.

Did not seem to. I moved to the right for another 10-15 seconds and it failed to correct. Could low temps affect the lubrication in the gimbal? It was slightly below 0 F.

Yes! Mine did the same thing today and it's hella cold! It's either that or you're in fpv mode.

Yes! Mine did the same thing today and it's hella cold! It's either that or you're in fpv mode.
Thanks Lon. Don't even know where fpv mode is, so unless it's possible to accidentally engage it, I'm going with the cold explanation.

Thanks Lon. Don't even know where fpv mode is, so unless it's possible to accidentally engage it, I'm going with the cold explanation.

Probably true but again, if you have the chance test it somewhere warm. You could also do a gimbal calibration and make sure you didn't pop one of you rubber bands on the gimbal.

Oh and FPV mode is under gimbal settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan