DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 2s drone not paired with controller, and unable to do so manually

robin2win14

Reactions
So I just got my new DJI Air 2s, and it isnt paired with the controller. I have owned the Mavic Pro, Pro 2 Zoom and the Air 2, and never had an issue with controller pairing. The Air 2s is supposed to be paired with the controller from the factory. Already when DJI Fly asks which drone I want to pair, the 2s isnt on the list, only the original Mavic 2. When I try to pair manually, the controller and the drone stop beeping at the same time indicating successful pairing, but live view remains off and it still says RC not connected to aircraft. What gives?

So I just got my new DJI Air 2s, and it isnt paired with the controller. I have owned the Mavic Pro, Pro 2 Zoom and the Air 2, and never had an issue with controller pairing. The Air 2s is supposed to be paired with the controller from the factory. Already when DJI Fly asks which drone I want to pair, the 2s isnt on the list, only the original Mavic 2. When I try to pair manually, the controller and the drone stop beeping at the same time indicating successful pairing, but live view remains off and it still says RC not connected to aircraft. What gives?

You have to connect the Air 2S to the Assistant 2 and update before you can pair. I found this to be true on the SC an the Regular Controller. Than you add the drone manually or if your using the SC it will find it right away and than ask you to pair using the Battery Power Button.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain and land on Water.

Reactions: Thomas B
You need to update Fly App

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I have the same issue. The drone was not paired when received. Tried to update the fly app and after it downloads and updates (about 30 minutes) it says the update failed. The controller won't connect. I did the pairing process by going into the app settings/control and at the bottom, it says re-pair link (supposed to say connect aircraft) and when I push it, the controller starts to beep constantly as it should. I then press the drone power button for 4 seconds until the drone beeps 2 long beeps. Then it should link. Nope. Just goes right back to the way it was. I even tried the combo button process where I press the top buttons on the right and left of the controller's face and the right trigger button on the top of the controller and it starts the beeping and then the 4 seconds on the drone until it beeps then nothing. I tried the cord from my Air 2 and didn't help. Don't know what else to do. My last 4 DJI drones all came paired right out of the box. This doesn't inspire much confidence in this aircraft at this point.

Update: I went on DJI's site to try and update thru DJIAssistant 2. When I was there they had a QR code to download the latest Fly app directly from DJI.com. I adjusted my Android's settings to allow 3rd party apps. It downloaded then immediately updated from the website too. This time it paired instantly and updated all my firmware and works great now! Didn't even need to use DJI Assistant 2.

The Mavic two showed up in there then you’re using the go app used to fly app

I have the same issue. The drone was not paired when received. Tried to update the fly app and after it downloads and updates (about 30 minutes) it says the update failed. The controller won't connect. I did the pairing process by going into the app settings/control and at the bottom, it says re-pair link (supposed to say connect aircraft) and when I push it, the controller starts to beep constantly as it should. I then press the drone power button for 4 seconds until the drone beeps 2 long beeps. Then it should link. Nope. Just goes right back to the way it was. I even tried the combo button process where I press the top buttons on the right and left of the controller's face and the right trigger button on the top of the controller and it starts the beeping and then the 4 seconds on the drone until it beeps then nothing. I tried the cord from my Air 2 and didn't help. Don't know what else to do. My last 4 DJI drones all came paired right out of the box. This doesn't inspire much confidence in this aircraft at this point.

Update: I went on DJI's site to try and update thru DJIAssistant 2. When I was there they had a QR code to download the latest Fly app directly from DJI.com. I adjusted my Android's settings to allow 3rd party apps. It downloaded then immediately updated from the website too. This time it paired instantly and updated all my firmware and works great now! Didn't even need to use DJI Assistant 2.
JJ:

Thanks for the tip... I went to DJI download site, downloaded the APK for DJI fly, and then used APK Installer (on google play,Package installer is fine too) to install it. Make sure you have RC connected... to your android, it connected first try. I thought something was wrong with RC and was ready to send RC back for repair. My Smart Controller for my M2P worked fine with Air 2S. I have since got another dedicated Smart Controller for the Air 2 S... but this gives me a spare Controller for both my Mini 2 and Air 2 S.

Thanks again for the tip JJ.

Joe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS