DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new Air Control app LAANC

stberlin

Reactions
Is there a way to submit authorization for a different location before you get there? Aloft allowed you to move around the green marker but not on their new app Air Control. It seems that you have to be on location to submit a request. But it says you can submit up to 5 requests ahead of schedule.

IMG_5399.jpg

Recommend going to aloft.ai on your computer and signing in or creating an account. You can then use the "Search for a Location" in the upper right hand corner and go through sequentially the authorizations you want in advance. I think the limit is 90 days in advance. You should get an email from aloft for each approval for your records. Good luck.

Not sure if there has been a new version since you posted, but I just tried and it actually seems to work well for me. I opened Air control, zoomed out to show the metro area, then scrolled to a new location, zoomed in to the location I want to fly in, then just click to drop a point, then click LAANC and that pointer becomes a box with handles I can adjust. The next screen lets me select the time / date. I'm running Air Control on Android.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon