DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new Alberta Canada pilot

I will be checking out the video's link Robert T. Y.

I just did my first vid an hr ago...went fairly well but trying to keep track of the bird and videoing a bunch of moving machines at the same time was a "learning experience". The neighbor's were harvesting just down the road so thought it an excellent opportunity....I had 16 interested Hutterites watching & every one of them offering up helpful hints...all at the same time & 5 machines for me to try to get in a frame . In the end I was very satisfied with my first attempt .
The scooting downrange works very well so far.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
very new to the sport, bought first outfit 3 days ago (Mini SE) and have only 30 minutes fly-time total. I'm also an old boy with modern technology limitations....but I have a 6 yr old Granddaughter that can help a bit in that regard. So my main target of interest will be getting the most out of the Fly app.
Welcome to the Forum from another Alberta member, Ft Sask to be exact. Where are you located?
Check out my YT channel, lots of local UAV stuff on it.
https://www.youtube.com/c/HummingbirdUAV

Welcome to the forum! :)

I will be checking out the video's link Robert T. Y.

I just did my first vid an hr ago...went fairly well but trying to keep track of the bird and videoing a bunch of moving machines at the same time was a "learning experience". The neighbor's were harvesting just down the road so thought it an excellent opportunity....I had 16 interested Hutterites watching & every one of them offering up helpful hints...all at the same time & 5 machines for me to try to get in a frame . In the end I was very satisfied with my first attempt .
The scooting downrange works very well so far.
I saw a YouTube video a couple of years ago, of a chap using the circle feature on his new Mini. He discovered that if he set the Mini to orbit a slow-moving object it did just that — circled the object — which gave him a way to track it.

So you might get good results using either circle or helix on one of those harvesters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147