DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New CrystalSky Firmware released (November 9, 2017)

Yes, but even if the larger CS would work, it's a half baked cake.

Well, then you come back to something I've said many times about Crystalsky. They were designed with a much more narrow focus. The complaints about Mavic compatibility, lack of 3rd party app use, etc show to me that DJI had a top down usage mindset in the design team. Even though I've purchased one, it's still kinda silly to spend another almost $700 (monitor, mount, charger, etc) to use with a $1000 drone. I think they are responding to the "new" demands in a decent way but it's gonna take some time, if they do it at all. Personally, I'm happy just to use the stock app and fly around taking some video. If I wanted a more professional and feature packed experience, I'd move up the product line.

What service can be used to install these "Up to 20 third-party applications"?
Playstore?
Checked with Litchi, you must have Playstore installed on the CS, you can not do it through the browser. As of right now CS is not compatible with Litchi, here is there response to my email.

FYI:

Overview
  • Date:2017.11.09
  • CrystalSky Firmware: V02.04.02.00
  • DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.18
  • DJI GO 4 App: V 4.1.14
  • DJI Pilot Beta: V 0.3.6

What’s New
  • Added Data Transmission on the Quick Settings page to support downloading photos and videos from CrystalSky to your mobile device (DJI GO 4 version should be 4.1.14 or above).
  • Added Display Optimization on the Quick Settings page making the camera view display smoother.
  • Added three HDMI output modes on the Quick Settings page, including camera view, picture in picture, and copy screen.
  • Added daily Data Usage statistics on the Quick Settings page.
  • Added high-resolution transcoding in the Editor to support video transcoding rates higher than 1080p into 1080p.
  • Added Color Waveform in the camera toolbox for users to analyze color distribution (Inspire 2 only).
  • Added support for DJI ZENMUSE X7.
  • Added support for DJI Cendence.
  • Fixed issue where system configuration resets to default values when the screen is rotated 180 degrees.
  • Optimized compass calibration program.
  • Updated DJI GO 4 app to 4.1.14.
  • Updated DJI GO app to 3.1.18.
  • Up to 20 third-party applications are supported and can be removed from System Settings -> Apps. DJI is not responsible for any rights or information involving third-party security applications and does not provide any technical support for third-party application compatibility issues. Please note that CrystalSky does not support third-party apps well. If you experience any problems with a third-party app, remove it or reset to default settings.
Maybe you could edit the title to read 11/09/2017

Interesting...

So every app that we can now install to control a drone, doesn't actually work?

Yeah, well played DJI :rolleyes:

Do we think this is because they've cut too much of the core OS out in building their 'clean' environment?

Interesting...

So every app that we can now install to control a drone, doesn't actually work?

Yeah, well played DJI :rolleyes:

Do we think this is because they've cut too much of the core OS out in building their 'clean' environment?

Still trying, I tried to d/load Play Store from APK Mirror onto the CS, it d/loaded but couldn't get it installed as of yet, from the way I understand it first you d/load Play Store>Install>Sign in with your Google account> go to Play Store>search Litchi> d/load Litchi>install. Haven't got past the install yet but not giving up. Going to try to d/load Play Store from another site to see if that works. Will keep ya posted.

Still trying, I tried to d/load Play Store from APK Mirror onto the CS, it d/loaded but couldn't get it installed as of yet, from the way I understand it first you d/load Play Store>Install>Sign in with your Google account> go to Play Store>search Litchi> d/load Litchi>install. Haven't got past the install yet but not giving up. Going to try to d/load Play Store from another site to see if that works. Will keep ya posted.

You'll need "Google services" as well. I wonder if you can just root the thing and make it into small, bright android tablet? I dropped almost $700 on everything, maybe you should have gotten an unlocked S8+ and just used that as a dedicated monitor...20171109_220123.jpg

FYI:

Overview

What’s New
  • Added Data Transmission on the Quick Settings page to support downloading photos and videos from CrystalSky to your mobile device (DJI GO 4 version should be 4.1.14 or above).
  • Added Display Optimization on the Quick Settings page making the camera view display smoother.
  • Added three HDMI output modes on the Quick Settings page, including camera view, picture in picture, and copy screen.
  • Added high-resolution transcoding in the Editor to support video transcoding rates higher than 1080p into 1080p.
  • Added Color Waveform in the camera toolbox for users to analyze color distribution (Inspire 2 only).
  • Fixed issue where system configuration resets to default values when the screen is rotated 180 degrees.
  • Up to 20 third-party applications are supported and can be removed from System Settings -> Apps. DJI is not responsible for any rights or information involving third-party security applications and does not provide any technical support for third-party application compatibility issues. Please note that CrystalSky does not support third-party apps well. If you experience any problems with a third-party app, remove it or reset to default settings.
Too bad they can’t get the larger monitors out. Ridiculous

Thanks for the offer.
I'll do my best to test your app.
I have a dedicated CS for such tests available. Let's roll ...

Hi Keule,

We will send you a link (through pm) to an installation apk (it is the one that is currently in the store v0.6.2) for testing. Quite likely it will not work at the moment, since our application also requires google play services and uses the google map API for displaying the 2D maps. If you get to run somehow google play services it might work, but at this stage and judging from the above comments we think DJI still has to do some more homework till 3rd party apps will work properly.

Anyway let's give it a shot.

Best,
DH Team

Hi Keule,

We will send you a link (through pm) to an installation apk (it is the one that is currently in the store v0.6.2) for testing. Quite likely it will not work at the moment, since our application also requires google play services and uses the google map API for displaying the 2D maps. If you get to run somehow google play services it might work, but at this stage and judging from the above comments we think DJI still has to do some more homework till 3rd party apps will work properly.

Best,
DH Team
Yup, Google Play Services & Play Store must be installed on the CS before you can d/load Litchi, and Litchi support says they do not have a CS compatible version as of yet.

When are you guys gonna realize that DJI always takes a caution approach manufacturing a new product? Kinda like Harley. Besides, I was literally on the site today and the 7.8 was available so what are you complaining about? I've said it before, I honestly believe that DJI is shocked at how much money we'll spend!

Hi Keule,

Best,
DH Team

I wondered if the 5.1 android version would be a problem? If I were DJI I would have stuck with just using my app. You really open yourself up to myriad software glitches running 3rd party apps that ultimately will be blamed on DJI.

Not all of you but obviously some of you don't understand how apps work or the difference between programs and apps. Apps are like a car, the os is the freeway, Google play services are the signal lights, signs and lines, with Google play store being the on ramp. Crystalsky is a closed track. The cars are designed to run in a rail without need for direction or an on ramp. For an app to work on the Crystalsky the developer will have to add all of the "road signs" to their app. Just like DJI did. I'll bet the DJI app for the CS is more than twice the size that it is for standard android.

Reactions: Mike357
FYI:

Overview

What’s New
Also auto rotates the display when using with a MavicPilots Pro

When are you guys gonna realize that DJI always takes a caution approach manufacturing a new product? Kinda like Harley. Besides, I was literally on the site today and the 7.8 was available so what are you complaining about? I've said it before, I honestly believe that DJI is shocked at how much money we'll spend!

The 7.8 is available 20-25 days after your payment is authorized. Good luck with that!!

The 7.8 is available 20-25 days after your payment is authorized. Good luck with that!!
Actually, I got an e-mail from DJI last week that the 7.85" CS was available and I ordered it the same day. It arrived by FedEx the next day.

In regards to Google Play & Play Services, has anybody tried downloading one of the OpenGapps packages and extracting the apk files from it? I've tried installing Kodi and VLC on my CS, and so far they seem to work fine.

Reactions: Mike357
No

No

Yep, confirm. that was the first i tried ;-)

Doing further testing on my CS 5.5", Airmap or UAV forecast can be installed and executed.
I detected a few bugs:
- Location services ON, both apps failed to aquire position data.
- Screen size/layout.
Airmap starts well, but after entering the location manually, the regulation and advisories tab showed up. But expanding the tabs to reveal the contents, the lines got 'stuck' below the last line on the screen.

That's it for now,
i keep testing ...

I found that UAV forecast would find the position if you used only "device only" in the location mode and for some reason if the ac was on and connected. The fconditions , forecast and wind profile would work, but maps require google play services

Reactions: Keule
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake