DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New CrystalSky Firmware released (November 9, 2017)

The 7.8 is available 20-25 days after your payment is authorized. Good luck with that!!

Well, I'm not going to argue with you. I just ordered and received a Crystalsky monitor in less than a week. I admit it wasn't the 7.8 but they show the same status. How about Adxenture? They may have it. In any case, so what? You have to wait for premium equipment. I was on a waiting list for a car for almost a year and a motorcycle for close to two. Who says that EVERYTHING has to show up in two days? Some of you guys are acting like you're ordering pace makers or insulin. Yeesh.

Reactions: flipf
Actually, I got an e-mail from DJI last week that the 7.85" CS was available and I ordered it the same day. It arrived by FedEx the next day.

That's what I heard from another guy last week but some people are just set on complaint mode.

Got my Ultra 7.85 about a week ago

View attachment 24692

I don't think some of these guys ever waited for a game console, a phone, shoes, etc. Sometimes you have to wait for what you want. I wouldn't get too crazy mass producing $1000 drone monitors either. DJI is smarter than that. That's why you're not seeing Mavics on sale at Best Buy for $500 right now.

You can download the file for the play store and install it from an SD card. Then you can purchase the apps.
Most apps have features that will not be available since the services were coded to a different library core.

We will send you a link (through pm) to an installation apk (it is the one that is currently in the store v0.6.2) for testing. Quite likely it will not work at the moment, since our application also requires google play services and uses the google map API for displaying the 2D maps. If you get to run somehow google play services it might work, but at this stage and judging from the above comments we think DJI still has to do some more homework till 3rd party apps will work properly.

Anyway let's give it a shot.

Best,
DH Team

Here a quick recap from last weekend:
As you already mentioned, i was unable to get the Google play services up an running. (I tried different versions of the Google play services, also tried ADB)

Your app can be installed easy.
Launching DH, your intro starts as expected.
When the intro finished, an error popped up quickly and vanished. That's the usual DJI SDK error when the SDK can't register itself.
But then: (as expected)

Screenshot_2017-11-11-19-39-21.png

As of today, i see no way (with my current knowledge) to run apps requiring Google play services.

There are intentions from DJI to make it easier for other developers to put their software on Crystal Sky. But when, or how the environment
DJI will supply, is unknown.

If you, Drone Harmony, can get rid of the use of Google play services, then chances are high that your app will run on CS.
(I know, easy said, it's better, from a coder's view, to have ready made system calls/functions available, than building your own or talking to the hardware direct)

That's it for now.
If i can help in the future, let me know.

Best regards from Munich
K.

Here a quick recap from last weekend:
As you already mentioned, i was unable to get the Google play services up an running. (I tried different versions of the Google play services, also tried ADB)

Your app can be installed easy.
Launching DH, your intro starts as expected.
When the intro finished, an error popped up quickly and vanished. That's the usual DJI SDK error when the SDK can't register itself.
But then: (as expected)

View attachment 24766

As of today, i see no way (with my current knowledge) to run apps requiring Google play services.

There are intentions from DJI to make it easier for other developers to put their software on Crystal Sky. But when, or how the environment
DJI will supply, is unknown.

If you, Drone Harmony, can get rid of the use of Google play services, then chances are high that your app will run on CS.
(I know, easy said, it's better, from a coder's view, to have ready made system calls/functions available, than building your own or talking to the hardware direct)

That's it for now.
If i can help in the future, let me know.

Best regards from Munich
K.

Hello Keule,

Thank you for your awesome detailed report! It is indeed what we expected:
  • DJI SDK registration does not work yet.
  • Google Play Services do not run yet on Crystal Sky. Our dependency on Google Play Services is due to our 2D Google Maps view. We do not intend to change that just to get "maybe" Crystal Sky supported.
We are quite certain that DJI will put more efforts and follow their set direction to open up Crystal Sky to 3rd party applications. That will include adding support for google play services.

Once that support is provided, we will revisit and see if we can also get DH running on CS.

Thanks again,
DH Team

I still think DJI have a way to go yet when it comes to running third party apps on the Crystalsky and should not have released this function yet.

Google play service installed on a Epson Moverio and did get it working.
Good.

Have you tried to successfully install Google Play Services on a Crystal Sky? If so, could you please describe the steps you performed in that specific case?

Thank you in advance!
K.

Guys, tell us the apps you have working on the CS.

I: Android Information, UAV, GPS Status, AIRMAP.

Tried some screen recorders, but the processor in the CS is to slow for that with smooth video feed.

Anybody more luck with a good screen recorder?

Peter

Guys, tell us the apps you have working on the CS.

I: Android Information, UAV, GPS Status, AIRMAP.

Tried some screen recorders, but the processor in the CS is to slow for that with smooth video feed.

Anybody more luck with a good screen recorder?

Peter

I am starting to wounder if the added functionality is going to expose some capability limits on the CS and also leave us all questioning the cost of the CS units .....

The fact the cpu seems to be to slow for multi tasking is a concern and this may also prevent DJI from adding to much additional functionality

I am starting to wounder if the added functionality is going to expose some capability limits on the CS and also leave us all questioning the cost of the CS units .....

The fact the cpu seems to be to slow for multi tasking is a concern and this may also prevent DJI from adding to much additional functionality

Oh don't start that now! Hahahaha! That was my position until I decided to pony up for the CS. I like it but I bought it with the idea that it was only going to ever be a monitor for the Mavic. I don't want or need it to do anything else. As long as it does that well, I'll be happy.

Oh don't start that now! Hahahaha! That was my position until I decided to pony up for the CS. I like it but I bought it with the idea that it was only going to ever be a monitor for the Mavic. I don't want or need it to do anything else. As long as it does that well, I'll be happy.

Lol me to and it works perfectly :)

Anyone else getting this notification pop up in Chinese language? Can’t find out what is causing it. All other notification pop up in English.
Can someone please translate this for me?
6b8c2a4e51429354da52ac581eed723c.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78