DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Dji Smart Controller 2.0

Could in fact just be a normal controller. On the Air 2 you can see that the shape was taken over. I don't think the normal smart controller will be replaced that quickly. It will be interesting to see if the Crystalsky will be replaced or which professional devices will come for the Matrice series.

It will be interesting to see if the Crystalsky will be replaced or which professional devices will come for the Matrice series.
Currently, the Matrice 200 V2 series comes with the Cendence RC and the CrystalSky monitor.
The new Matrice 300 series is compatible with the SC.
But those who flew a Matrice with a Cendence RC will not seriously use a Smart Controller - too small, not enough capabilities to control all the payloads and other stuff.

Reactions: Bernd2019
But those who flew a Matrice with a Cendence RC will not seriously use a Smart Controller - too small, not enough capabilities to control all the payloads and other stuff.

So it would seem. The Smart Controller is too small for the Matrice / Inspire 2, so I assume that the Crystalsky either stays and gets a new software update ( Android + ? ) or is completely destroyed.

A Smart Controller with a 7.85 inch display is not profitable or too expensive and then it doesn't fit to the Cendence controller.

The only question is, will the next consumer drone also come with the Fly APP? Then it would be the end for the CS in its current state.

The only question is, will the next consumer drone also come with the Fly APP? Then it would be the end for the CS in its current state.
The downfall of the CS has already begun. Lack of updates, low end tech. specifications and finally no word on DJI's side ...

There is already an SC V2 in the works, but only for the Agras T16.

The question is, is there an alternative sometime?
No - DJI does not want to ...

It could be so easy if DJI would stick with technology (Occusync 2.0) for a certain period of time, let's say 3-4 years.
Then let the enduser decide what he wants to use:

- Legacy / normal RC with a phone/tablet of his liking.
- Smart controller with builtin screen and HDMI OUT
- Cendence RC with a phone/tablet of the user's choice. External high brightness monitor (Low-cost monitors such as Freeworld, professional grade production monitors with up to 3000 nits) can be attached via HDMI or SDI interface.

All this stuff already exists but can only be used with aircraft DJI wishes to work with.

In a perfect world, it should be possible to have everything working interchangeable without restrictions.

Want to use an M2A, M2P, or P4PV2 with a Cendence, why not?
Want to use a Matrice or Agras to fly with an SC, OK - Users choice.

Reactions: Bernd2019
No - DJI does not want to ...

I have no problem continuing to use the Crystalsky. Only if of course all new consumer drones (Mavic 3?) will fly with the FLY APP, the Crystalsky is of no use to me anymore. The Air 2 is another example. Too bad, I liked the nice big screen with 2000 nits. You're right of course, you can connect an external monitor, on a tripod...

Only if of course all new consumer drones (Mavic 3?) will fly with the FLY APP, the Crystalsky is of no use to me anymore.
I have 2 CS, a 5.5" and a 7.85" and used them at the beginning in sunny weather and they were nearly perfect ...
... but lacking support of 3rd party apps such as GS Pro, PIX4D, MapPilot I am using either an iPad Mini 5 or iPad Pro to run my jobs with.

I found this information about the Controller for the Matrice 300. Extern Battery at the Smart Controller?

Remote Controller

• Operating Frequency: 2.4000-2.4835 GHz | 5.725-5.850 GHz
  • Max Transmitting Distance (unobstructed, free of interference): 9.3 mi
  • EIRP: 2.4000-2.4835 GHz: 29.5 dBm (FCC) | 5.725-5.850 GHz: 28.5 dBm (FCC)
  • External Battery: WB37 Intelligent Battery – Capacity:4920 mAh – Voltage:7.6V – Type:LiPo – Energy:37.39Wh – Charging time (using BS60 Intelligent Battery Station): 70 minutes (15°C to 45°C);130 minutes (0°C to 15°C)
  • Built-In Battery: Type: 18650 li-ion battery (5000 mAh @ 7.2 V) – Charging: USB charger with specification of 12V / 2A – Rated power: 17 W – Charging time:2 hours15 minutes
  • Battery Life: Built-in battery:Approx. 2.5h | Built-in battery+External battery:Approx. 4.5h
  • USB Power Supply: 5 V / 1.5 A
  • Operating Temperature: -4 °F to 104 °F

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard