DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New FAA regulations on Trump's desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeInTheBlueSky

Reactions
It appears the new FAA regulations on Trump's desk are bad news for the drone industry. Check out this YouTube site that explains the regulations impact on the drone enthusiast...

The new rules have actually already passed through his desk. See more details in the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018.

Per the Act, a person may still operate a small unmanned aircraft without specific certification or operating authority from the FAA if the operation adheres to all of the following limitations:
  • The aircraft is flown strictly for recreational purposes.

• The aircraft is operated in accordance with or within the programming of a community-based organization’s set of safety guidelines that are developed in coordination with the FAA.

• The aircraft is flown within the visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft or a visual observer co-located and in direct communication with the operator.

• The aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft.

• In Class B, Class C, or Class D airspace or within the lateral boundaries of the surface area of Class E airspace designated for an airport, the operator obtains prior authorization from the Administrator or designee before operating and complies with all airspace restrictions and prohibitions.

• In Class G airspace, the aircraft is flown from the surface to not more than 400 feet above ground level and complies with all airspace restrictions and prohibitions.

• The operator has passed an aeronautical knowledge and safety test and maintains proof of test passage to be made available to the Administrator or law enforcement upon request.

• The aircraft is registered and marked in accordance with chapter 441 of this title and proof of registration is made available to the Administrator or a designee of the Administrator or law enforcement upon request.
Unmanned aircraft operations that do not conform to the above limitations must comply with all statutes and regulations generally applicable to unmanned aircraft and unmanned aircraft systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carb63
The new rules have actually already passed through his desk. See more details in the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018.

Per the Act, a person may still operate a small unmanned aircraft without specific certification or operating authority from the FAA if the operation adheres to all of the following limitations:

• The aircraft is operated in accordance with or within the programming of a community-based organization’s set of safety guidelines that are developed in coordination with the FAA.

• The aircraft is flown within the visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft or a visual observer co-located and in direct communication with the operator.

• The aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft.

• In Class B, Class C, or Class D airspace or within the lateral boundaries of the surface area of Class E airspace designated for an airport, the operator obtains prior authorization from the Administrator or designee before operating and complies with all airspace restrictions and prohibitions.

• In Class G airspace, the aircraft is flown from the surface to not more than 400 feet above ground level and complies with all airspace restrictions and prohibitions.

• The operator has passed an aeronautical knowledge and safety test and maintains proof of test passage to be made available to the Administrator or law enforcement upon request.

• The aircraft is registered and marked in accordance with chapter 441 of this title and proof of registration is made available to the Administrator or a designee of the Administrator or law enforcement upon request.
Unmanned aircraft operations that do not conform to the above limitations must comply with all statutes and regulations generally applicable to unmanned aircraft and unmanned aircraft systems.

FWIW, 51 Drones seems to make a lot of click bait videos. The new rules look like a positive step forward to me.

Reactions: Turn11 and sar104
Everybody on YouTube is click bait. That aside, I live on Clearwater Beach and I've seen too many drones flying at the beach with no regard for safety. I agree it's what is needed. Especially when one considers how easy it is to fly into something on purpose. Like a plain full of people.

Reactions: SKentBrown
I

I just saw the You Tube presentation regarding the bill and was looking for the link to let my Senators know what I thought. Your post makes think that this planned action on my part is no longer necessary. Do you agree?

Your post makes think that this planned action on my part is no longer necessary. Do you agree?
If you're asking whether or not you need to register, I don't agree. You must register since it's required by US law.

If you're asking whether or not you need to register, I don't agree. You must register since it's required by US law.
Sorry about being vague. I was talking about the need to send letters to my senators. I was too focused on the fact that the bill had passed President Trump’s desk. I definitely agree with you about registering. I support the law.

It doesn’t really matter. They can just say all. illegal period. I bet you , you will still see drones flying. I’m starting to think. Those that do the wrong thing can’t read anyway. To many laws for those that actually abide by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan