DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

In my humble opinion this **** is intended to compensate for the poor color quality of the famous DJI glasses by using 2 cheap LED displays or high pixel density OLED

Reactions: mavicSD
I noticed in my flight today that I'm still getting a slight camera drift even after calibration it before flight.

Reactions: Nasscar][
I flew 4 batteries worth today. Aside from some exposure issues I am not good at repairing yet, the flights were perfect.

I wish the lights were brighter so I could see it against the background.

a2b5466405b7feffb5a751758b92b5b6.jpg

Now they have 2. 1000 firmware version [emoji58]

3 for me too, the lower 2 are the same (same content verified).
fUn56qU.png

Hi fellows, I'm seeing the same thing too (in Assistant). I'm gonna assume I'm supposed to use the versions on 25th Aug (due to later release?), but which version on the 25th August? Btw, Kilrah, may I know how do you verify the "lower 2" have the same package payload? Is there some hash of the file, etc?

Version "manifest" between the 2 from the 25th are identical, so all other files are identical.

If you don't have goggles you're better off using the one from the 22nd since as I mentioned in the bit of my post you didn't quote all you'd be "gaining" is an anti-downgrade protection.

Version "manifest" between the 2 from the 25th are identical, so all other files are identical.

If you don't have goggles you're better off using the one from the 22nd since as I mentioned in the bit of my post you didn't quote all you'd be "gaining" is an anti-downgrade protection.

Hi Kilrah, does it mean if I dun care about anti-downgrade restrictions, using either copy from the 25th, is just fine for me?

I flew 4 batteries worth today. Aside from some exposure issues I am not good at repairing yet, the flights were perfect.

I wish the lights were brighter so I could see it against the background.
32174ca692030a98723ccc5612d44fa7.jpg

83b8c42e2d79441f0387b9fcd165d438.jpg

I just fly my mavic with .1000 firmware (25th august), the result is awful. The exposure is horrible. When i down the exposure compensation, the picture is horrible. I should stay in .900 than update to this version, the most stable and good one i think, not updating to .1000

IMO, never...never update to .1000 firmware, mate, until the DJI update all setting like before..

Reactions: curso88
A little camera knowledge to hopefully help out with those noticing color differences. Comparing images with 'auto' camera settings is not a valid test. "Auto" means the Mavic will adjust settings according to the light hitting the camera sensor. Every time it's out for a new flight, the light may be different, especially on sunny vs. cloudy days. The proper way to test would be to use a controlled environment (most likely would need to be an indoor setting with controlled lighting) and then test with the same manual settings. Otherwise, what you could be seeing is simply the camera changing the exposure and white balance according to the current lighting situation, as it's supposed to do in "auto".

Reactions: Troncat and Kilrah
Not happy, took a few attempts to update, nothing new there. Then went to fly and wouldn't connect in the field. I'm going to charge everything back up, reinstall GO app and try again. I really hate updates that do this. Today DJI you suck!

Finally got a chance to fly on .1000 today, and as usual the aircraft behaved perfectly. I can also confirm I did actually notice an improvement of the image quality, mainly with the colour temperature (white balance). It's less easy to tell when you're out in the field, but when I viewed the results at home it was a winner. I also then compared the footage from the flights today with the footage I have of last time I flew at the same location, similar weather and lighting, and there's a definite improvement. I like this update.

Finally got a chance to fly on .1000 today, and as usual the aircraft behaved perfectly. I can also confirm I did actually notice an improvement of the image quality, mainly with the colour temperature (white balance). It's less easy to tell when you're out in the field, but when I viewed the results at home it was a winner. I also then compared the footage from the flights today with the footage I have of last time I flew at the same location, similar weather and lighting, and there's a definite improvement. I like this update.

I imagine you don't use Auto WB? I think this is the key. Use a fixed WB for video

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman