DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

The new firmware update - well what can I say. I've already repaired over 20 peoples drones this week alone all over the globe, with others still having 'MAJOR ISSUES' and as yet DJI have still not rolled out a fix, or even bothered to explain why their new firmware update has ruined a lot of drones. Where do I start? :mad:

1. Sensors go full retard.
2. When you go to descend normally some drones believe their landing so go into auto land.
3. Obstacle sensors in front on the Mavic believe their going to hit something when nothing is there - resulting in harsh breaking.
4. RC's being disconnected.
5. Drones sport mode has vanished.

And this is just some of the problems I've been helping people with. I fixed my own my downloading the DJI Assistant, then refreshing the firmware TWICE! Had to reset my FPS because my live feeds onto Facebook were choppy, and jumping, missing large piece of video out. Never happened before. Moreover my normal speed in GPS mode has increased from its normal 15mph to now 39.5 mph.

The issue is the size of the firmware package, the fact people are using GPRS to download via their cell of which its losing signal resulting in an 'abnormal firmware update'.

I'm NOT impressed with the DJI tech. They couldn't even be bothered to help me, they couldn't get my name correct, then put the phone down on me, stating they have a 'time limit to help'. Well I'M SO SORRY - In the past 3 years I've spent over £23,000 on DJI products and this will be the last until DJI actually [begins to help its loyal customers!]

The new firmware update - well what can I say. I've already repaired over 20 peoples drones this week alone all over the globe, with others still having 'MAJOR ISSUES' and as yet DJI have still not rolled out a fix, or even bothered to explain why their new firmware update has ruined a lot of drones. Where do I start? :mad:

2. When you go to descend normally some drones believe their landing so go into auto land.
3. Obstacle sensors in front on the Mavic believe their going to hit something when nothing is there - resulting in harsh breaking.

And this is just some of the problems I've been helping people with. I fixed my own my downloading the DJI Assistant, then refreshing the firmware TWICE! Had to reset my FPS because my live feeds onto Facebook were choppy, and jumping, missing large piece of video out. Never happened before. Moreover my normal speed in GPS mode has increased from its normal 15mph to now 39.5 mph.

The issue is the size of the firmware package, the fact people are using GPRS to download via their cell of which its losing signal resulting in an 'abnormal firmware update'.

I'm NOT impressed with the DJI tech. They couldn't even be bothered to help me, they couldn't get my name correct, then put the phone down on me, stating they have a 'time limit to help'. Well I'M SO SORRY - In the past 3 years I've spent over £23,000 on DJI products and this will be the last until DJI actually [begins to help its loyal customers!]
Dosen't that give you a warm fuzzy feeling all over!;) We need to change the title of this thread to 1000 reasons why, you Never want to up grade to .1000! LOL! The Firmware update team at DJI is on it as we speak!Shooting yourself in the foot.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone havin problems accessing the DAT files after .1000 update? I cannot open the drive with the logs from the drone. It seems like it cannot mount the drive. Win 7 x64.
I'm having the same issue. Were you able to find a solution?

I upgraded three days ago and so far have run through all six batteries three times and not a single issue. I have switched to Litchi, Hanger 360 and back to Go 4 without one single blimp..... So for all the "the sky is falling" people out there.... make sure to put on that tin foil hat and take a big sip of the kool aid just like Jim J wanted his followers to do! :)

Don't be too fast to do it!:eek: It also lowers the climb/decend rate,and sets the max at 500m. The last part dosen't really bother me,but I don't need to throttle down the decend rate. Sometimes it's good to be able to get down faster.
That is only when you use DJI propeller guards. Need to set in settings if using guards.
be aware of wifi interference though.

While I'm still on .400 with failure-free flight history, I'm following closely all "new firmware" threads to see whether there will be a version that makes me convinced to say "bye" to .400.
One thing strikes me: Lots of us are doing the same, reading "all ok", "bad as always", "before was better" posts. But is it really enough data in here to make decision base on this?
Let's see: We have at least following variables, usually not mentioned in posts about how new firmware makes MP fly:
- Manufacturing date of MP
- model of phone / tablet used
- type of control device's OS (iOS/Android)
- version of above system
- info about third party soft being installed (eg. Litchi) or not
- version of DJI GO app used
...and probably some more.
In my opinion without those elements we are not even close to understanding why some of us who always jump into new FW never had any issues, and for some others, most of FW are just one big pain.
Do you think there is any chance to start including more data about our setups in firmware related threads? Maybe after some time it will become clear that there is one "sweet spot" of firmware + hardware combination that makes our life with Mavics happy and safe?

I have just turned my Mavic on for the first time it's to dark out for my first flight. To be honest I am a little nervous I have only flown an indoor drone before. I have tons of RC Nitro car experience, but this is not even close to being anything like that. I just checked the firmware and it came with .700 installed. After reading all the feedback of the new firmware I am going to stick with the .700 unless I am forced to upgrade.

That would be wise. If your Mavic worked when you got it, leave it alone.
You will get to know it better. And if there are any quirks showing or showing up, you'll
know it's not the firmware :)

Why is it overtime I get one of these major updates my Mavic crashes? Is that just me? Come on DJI... Is this the best you can do for your senior pilots. i did not grow up with video games etc.

As I have tried to speculate earlier I have done the updates on both of my Birds and I have not seen any negative aspects whatsoever!
I have put many hours and many batteries now into this whole thing and I cannot say that any of the naysayers are correct! My to mavic Pros are flying awesome

I would also like to add that it seems that we have many negative people on this forum that are just looking for things to go wrong! And as I have stated in all of my previous ones besides DJI service everything is quite awesome as far as improving the DJI mavic Pro flight

Reactions: Mavic 57
The DJI mavic Pro is probably one of the most incredible technology pieces that has ever been released! And as far as I can tell all of the firmware upgrades and everything else is aimed towards keeping it that way instead of all these people saying that they are turning it into something different! I love both of my DJI mavic Pro they have done nothing but awesome stuff for me and I love both of them and every dollar I have invested into them!

The main problem is the constant warnings to update! Kinda like that girlfriend you had in High School,constantly nagging at you!:D After enough warnings,you start to wonder if you really need to do them? I've never had anything that constantly need this many updates? Are we Beta Testers?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsTreat
Interesting comparison. What were the image settings, and how much time elapsed between the two images?

Mmm...I experience none of these. But when upgrading to .1000 a lot of my settings where reset and this could cause some of your issues:
1. Did you fly without VPS before and did VPS come back on now?
2. Strange
3. Usually happens when flying towards a low sun. Totally normal behaviour. Turn off VPS to avoid these problems
4. Never seen this happen in over 10 hours flying on .1000
5. Setting issue. Multiple flight mode setting reset by upgrade

So perhaps there are some issues but do not start ranting before checking all your settings!!

I am always a little concerned when the new firmware comes out as this type of thread immediately follows with horror story after horror story of failed upgrades, crashed birds, and general paranoia about "secret" software monitoring.

Eventually I do the upgrade though knowing those who experience problems are a pretty small minority and while they will never admit it, many bear some responsibility for the issues (upgrading over cellular connection, not checking/resetting options, recalibrating, doing basic manual function test, etc.)

I figure about 90% of those who experience a problem go on line to warn, complain, etc. while probably less than 5% of those who don't have a problem ever bother to provide input. This gives the appearance of a high percentage of problems when in reality it is very small number who have issues and even smaller still whose issues are not self inflicted to a certain degree.

I upgraded my Mavic, controller, and three batteries yesterday. Did it over wifi while connected to my home network. Start to finish, took about 25 minutes and had no problems at all. Ran all three batteries through, none of them said they needed to be upgraded.

This morning I went through and checked/adjusted all my settings back to where they were before the update. Then did test flights using each battery checking for normal response and control. Everything went flawlessly, as expected. Then did a couple flights to check intelligent flight modes and camera picture/video function, again all was good.

Charged batteries and controller and put it away so I can use it tomorrow to make some money on another real estate listing.

My first drone was a Phantom 3 Adv, got it in June 2015, went through all the firmware updates with it and never a problem. I've only had the Mavic for about three weeks, this is the 2nd update I did on it, and again no issues. Maybe I am lucky, or maybe there is some variable folks don't account for but I will continue to take the updates as they come out.

The main problem is the constant warnings to update! Kinda like that girlfriend you had in High School,constantly nagging at you!:D After enough warnings,you start to wonder if you really need to do them? I've never had anything that constantly need this many updates? Are we Beta Testers?

Im not sure everyone here had a girlfriend in Highschool Slick?
A lot of drunken hookups, but not like in TV sitcoms where you actually talk to them at school

Im not sure everyone here had a girlfriend in Highschool Slick?
A lot of drunken hookups, but not like in TV sitcoms where you actually talk to them at school
LOL!:D

After the update, my remote controller LCD panel went black, remote power button flashing. The remote is connected to the aircraft and the DJI Go behaves normally ie video link is fine, sticks are functioning fine and the app reports that firmware on battery, aircraft and remote are all up to date. Its just impossible to get the controller LCD to power on even after multiple power cycles etc.

Has anyone encountered this before ?

FIXED: DJI assistant 2 + plug in remote to PC and perform a firmware upgrade

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661