DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for Air 2

Doubt it. They already gave it to android. Seems more like this released was rushed and certain things are still in beta

You could be right, I just tend to think most companies have these releases road mapped out. Give the people too much, too soon and they will want more.

You could be right, I just tend to think most companies have these releases road mapped out. Give the people too much, too soon and they will want more.
For sure. But changing your gimbal sensitivity is extremely basic and even the Mavic mini shipped with it. I really think this was rushed

Does this new update allow you to use the smart controller with the Air 2? Im sure they were going to add that earlier this month. Still waiting.

As noted from the DJI forum, new firmware out.

V01.00.0250
+ Added switch to automatically detect subjects in FocusTrack, and optimized the
overall performance of FocusTrack.
+ Added ability to track subjects by dragging a box around it when using Free
Hyperlapse mode.
+ Added ability to store 8K Hyperlapse in RAW format, use playback to view 8K
Hyperlapse, and for more media players to play 8K Hyperlapse.
+ Added prompts in DUI Fly when GPS experiences interference.
* Increased maximum flight speed to 19 m/s when using Spotlight in Sport mode,
and added support for Spotlight at night.
* Optimized Smart RTH.
* Optimized performance when using wave gesture to trigger ActiveTrack and
QuickShots.
* Reduced noise when recording HDR video at night.

In another thread someone posted a screenshot. I’ll try to find it
No one has it. The screen shots posted here are all people looking in the app, because it is there in both Android and ios in the app when not connected (or connected to a Mini). It is not there on the Air 2. No matter the platform. (For now).

So tonight I just realized for the first time that I am able to save 8K RAW files....

I have no clue when the transition occured.

I have an S20 Ultra which seems to be updated before anything else, literally.

I have noticed no difference in flight characteristics or behavior.

I don't ever use active track or quickshots so I have no idea about those aspects.

So tonight I just realized for the first time that I am able to save 8K RAW files....

I have no clue when the transition occured.

I have an S20 Ultra which seems to be updated before anything else, literally.

I have noticed no difference in flight characteristics or behavior.

I don't ever use active track or quickshots so I have no idea about those aspects.

8K RAW was listed as a feature of this new firmware update.

8K RAW was listed as a feature of this new firmware update.
yeah i know, I just have no clue when i got the update, only noticed tonight that i had it.

people, myself included, were asking about flight characteristics post update, of which i have none to note. i have not noticed any change.

It was a quick DL/install process using the DJI Assistant 2 utility on the PC.

I was honestly hoping for waypoints or at least Litchi support. Ah well...

It was a quick DL/install process using the DJI Assistant 2 utility on the PC.

I was honestly hoping for waypoints or at least Litchi support. Ah well...

Litchi support is coming.... supposedly SDK support is coming to DJI Fly in July, with Litchi sometime thereafter.

In another thread someone posted a screenshot. I’ll try to find it
I think you’ll find it was taken without connecting to the drone. It’s a function in the Fly software, but not currently enabled for the MA2. If you open the Fly app without connecting to the drone, you can see the function in the Control menu - try it

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d