DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 30/06/2022

Bed

Reactions
Added support for FocusTrack, QuickShots (Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, and Boomerang), and Panorama in portrait mode (requires DJI Fly v1.6.8 or later).
• Optimized the anti-interference ability and the transmission distance of the image transmission system.
• Added a two-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse after takeoff (requires DJI Fly v1.6.8 or later).
• Increased the stability of videos when using Hyperlapse.
• Increased the dynamic range for Hyperlapse.
• Added support for continuous auto focus (AF-C) during video recording.
• Increased the camera speed when taking photos.
• Optimized image quality of recordings at night in D-Cinelike.
• Fixed issue: the videos recorded in some scenarios in D-Cinelike flickered.
• Optimized the vignetting effect in DNG photos.
• Optimized the correctness of the battery level indicators on the DJI RC-N1 remote controller.
• Added USB mode. When the aircraft is connected to a computer and USB mode is enabled, the aircraft disables image transmission to extend the time for copying footage (requires DJI Fly v1.6.8 or later).

Added support for FocusTrack, QuickShots (Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, and Boomerang), and Panorama in portrait mode (requires DJI Fly v1.6.8 or later).
• Optimized the anti-interference ability and the transmission distance of the image transmission system.
• Added a two-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse after takeoff (requires DJI Fly v1.6.8 or later).
• Increased the stability of videos when using Hyperlapse.
• Increased the dynamic range for Hyperlapse.
• Added support for continuous auto focus (AF-C) during video recording.
• Increased the camera speed when taking photos.
• Optimized image quality of recordings at night in D-Cinelike.
• Fixed issue: the videos recorded in some scenarios in D-Cinelike flickered.
• Optimized the vignetting effect in DNG photos.
• Optimized the correctness of the battery level indicators on the DJI RC-N1 remote controller.
• Added USB mode. When the aircraft is connected to a computer and USB mode is enabled, the aircraft disables image transmission to extend the time for copying footage (requires DJI Fly v1.6.8 or later).
outstanding

Optimized the anti-interference ability and the Optimized the anti-interference ability and the transmission distance of the image transmission system.

Sounds promising. At least DJI are addressing this issue, unlike some on this forum who deny it is even an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTZ and Jam0ne
Has anyone been able to update to Fly 1.6.8 on a Mini 3 Pro using the smart controller?

DJI is telling me Fly 1.6.8 can't be installed until the controller firmware has been updated to 01.01.000. But I'm not being given an option to update to 01.01.000 in Assistant 2 or on the Fly app.

Problem is one mod in particular hates firmware posts in the specific drone forum so moves them.
Next person comes along, sees nothing, starts a new post, that gets moved etc.
If you look in the Mini 3 forum for new firmware, you'll see nothing.
Easy… allow or post a single link back to the “firmware” forum and lock the post (even though I think firmware is specific enough to a model to warrant being in a “device specific forum” instead of some mysterious catch-all firmware forum.

Reactions: Torque
Problem is one mod in particular hates firmware posts in the specific drone forum so moves them.
Next person comes along, sees nothing, starts a new post, that gets moved etc.
If you look in the Mini 3 forum for new firmware, you'll see nothing.
Anyone have a clue why it would be removed from the Mini 3 forum? I understand that there is a separate forum but leaving it in the Mini 3 would allow folks to simply "see" it without having to check the firmware forum. Seems like a disservice to the forum members to require them to check the firmware forum regularly instead of simply seeing the post in the forum they normally frequent.

So I just got off the phone with DJI support and they basically told me signal issues are not a common problem and only a handful of people are experiencing them at the moment.

They said that any signal issues had been fixed with the latest update and recommended that I return the drone if I'm not satisfied.

What a joke company lol

So I just got off the phone with DJI support and they basically told me signal issues are not a common problem and only a handful of people are experiencing them at the moment.

They said that any signal issues had been fixed with the latest update and recommended that I return the drone if I'm not satisfied.

What a joke company lol
I thought I saw a post from you saying the signal startup "hack" fixed your issues?

I thought I saw a post from you saying the signal startup "hack" fixed your issues?
It did, but I don't want to do that every time I want to fly, not to mention you have to do it with every battery swap, AND it doesn't always work 100%. Sometimes you have to restart multiple times which eats like 20% of your battery.

I paid $1300 CAD (more if you include fly more kit), I don't want to deal with that every time

And judging from the phone call with DJI today, this is the extent of their software fix for the issue since they claim its a very uncommon issue.

Reactions: Flashheart
From what I can tell, the support staff is very far removed from the technical staff, or they don't tell you what they know. I feel like as long as there are regular threads about the range issue, they are going to work to address it. But this is only the 2nd firmware update, so I'm still very optimistic they address it in a future update. The panos still don't make use of the new perspective range - so they still have plenty of obvious updates to push.

With that said, my drone has the exact same behaviour as yours, in terms of CE/FCC switching. Though mine works fine, and covered 3km in CE mode. I'm not sure why yours seems so crippled in CE mode.

Optimized the anti-interference ability and the Optimized the anti-interference ability and the transmission distance of the image transmission system. distance of the image transmission system.

Sounds promising. At least DJI are addressing this issue, unlike some on this forum who deny it is even an issue.

I bought a 900km/h car. In my country it is illegal to drive over 200km/h. You will go to jail at 300km/h. People with the same car are complaining on most roads they can only drive 600-700km/h instead of 900km/h which is what they paid for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks