DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for Air 2

But I thought the MA2 was "made for iphone"?;)

Well, literally all the crashes that people are complaining about are on Android, so... :)

Aside from that, I’m sure you know that’s just a verification of compatibility, it has nothing to do with features. It’s quite clear DJI’s iOS and Android teams have slightly different schedules and they don’t care about feature parity on the short term. Like iOS is missing the feature for automatic target detection and Android is missing resolution higher than 1080p for quickshots while iOS has 4k.

Well, literally all the crashes that people are complaining about are on Android, so... :)

Aside from that, I’m sure you know that’s just a verification of compatibility, it has nothing to do with features. It’s quite clear DJI’s iOS and Android teams have slightly different schedules and they don’t care about feature parity on the short term. Like iOS is missing the feature for automatic target detection and Android is missing resolution higher than 1080p for quickshots while iOS has 4k.

Actually Android can do 4K quickshots, you have to go into quickshots first and then go into the settings and turn on 4K.

FLY has not crashed once for me.

Android.

...but I feel like they make updates specifically for my phone first. S20 Ultra

FLY has not crashed once for me.

Android.

...but I feel like they make updates specifically for my phone first. S20 Ultra
Actually Android can do 4K quickshots, you have to go into quickshots first and then go into the settings and turn on 4K.

I got the information here:

If he’s lying, I’m lying :)

He might not be lying, but he's wrong. He's also wrong that there was no documentation about the wave gesture to start a quickshot where he claims it wasn't marketed (True) and isn't documented (false as its in the manual).

By the way, in the comments when someone pointed out to him that the video is wrong about the Android quick shots in 4k, instead of admitting his mistake his reply was :

" Yes you're right, but these settings are hidden away and you need to be in flight to access them, which is an irritation"

We all make mistakes, its not a big deal. Would be nice if he just pointed out the correct info in the description though instead of changing tune to be "it is there, just not easy to find"

He might not be lying, but he's wrong. He's also wrong that there was no documentation about the wave gesture to start a quickshot where he claims it wasn't marketed (True) and isn't documented (false as its in the manual).

By the way, in the comments when someone pointed out to him that the video is wrong about the Android quick shots in 4k, instead of admitting his mistake his reply was :

" Yes you're right, but these settings are hidden away and you need to be in flight to access them, which is an irritation"

We all make mistakes, its not a big deal. Would be nice if he just pointed out the correct info in the description though instead of changing tune to be "it is there, just not easy to find"

Yeah, not cool....

Got the aircraft firmware update notice and ran it with no issues. It does take a bit of time to download and install. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10 right now with plans to switch to a Samsung Galaxy Tablet A, 8"

Got the aircraft firmware update notice and ran it with no issues. It does take a bit of time to download and install. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10 right now with plans to switch to a Samsung Galaxy Tablet A, 8"

Good luck with the Tab A.. It didn't work well enough for me, but other people have been satisfied with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes