DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for Air 2

Good luck with the Tab A.. It didn't work well enough for me, but other people have been satisfied with it.

It didn't work well enough for me either...even with cache turned off, the video feed was way too choppy...broke down and broke my own rule and ended up buying an iPad Mini 5 which works great

It didn't work well enough for me either...even with cache turned off, the video feed was way too choppy...broke down and broke my own rule and ended up buying an iPad Mini 5 which works great

Does the compass work properly? How is the screen brightness? I really don't want to buy an apple product. What will the neighbors say?:eek:

Had to go to the settings to search for new update. I thought it would advise when I started up. This the first drone that I've felt safe flying after a update without putting in a fresh battery. In fact..this drone is so scary good that it's hard to imagine what is going to be coming up down the road.
Gentle as a lamb hand landing in fairly gusty winds. PMD AFB less than 7 miles calling the wind 18 to 23kt.
I get a kick out of moving the gimbal 180 degrees on a horizontal plane with my finger..Seems like it would be a great tool for inspections and things like that.
Sorry Jig...the screen brightness seems to be what it is..and probably will always be. grim.

Just completed my update with Samsung Note 8 from the App Store. Screenshot_20200616-165050.jpgBattery updates requested for for remaining two batteries. The batt is used for update was completed during update. Good luck.
Will test fly in the morning. Anticipate no problem Thumbswayup

Reactions: ven
As noted from the DJI forum, new firmware out.

V01.00.0250
+ Added switch to automatically detect subjects in FocusTrack, and optimized the
overall performance of FocusTrack.
Glad to hear of tracking update, LOVE MY AIR 2, sold Mavic and Mavic Mini to get it, only disappointment is the tracking stinks, when it was supposed to be better, and that it doesn't work with DJI Goggles, missed that in specs, and super disappointed to not be able to use my Goggles. (Can still on Spark, but not smooth or easy)

He might not be lying, but he's wrong. He's also wrong that there was no documentation about the wave gesture to start a quickshot where he claims it wasn't marketed (True) and isn't documented (false as its in the manual).

By the way, in the comments when someone pointed out to him that the video is wrong about the Android quick shots in 4k, instead of admitting his mistake his reply was :

" Yes you're right, but these settings are hidden away and you need to be in flight to access them, which is an irritation"

We all make mistakes, its not a big deal. Would be nice if he just pointed out the correct info in the description though instead of changing tune to be "it is there, just not easy to find"

That comment was from me .... I have the 4K since DJI Fly 1.1.4 on my android as confirmed from other people here.

BTW, I didn't find the switch for automatic spotlight objects, but I found way better tracking in difficult situations, you can see the second half of my video here:

That comment was from me .... I have the 4K since DJI Fly 1.1.4 on my android as confirmed from other people here.

BTW, I didn't find the switch for automatic spotlight objects, but I found way better tracking in difficult situations, you can see the second half of my video here:
Go to "control" tab in fly app while flying or devices are on and in there u will see the switch to enable it to "target scan"

Reactions: Maxwell79
Updated my aircraft and a second battery, but my third battery said “firmware is up to date” with no update required. Weird.

Is there any way for me to check the firmware version for each of my batteries?
I just found the solution to my problem in another thread.

Start up the drone, click "Go Fly", then click back to the home screen, and the battery firmware update should be prompted.

This worked. So the firmware for my third battery has now been updated.

Reactions: pelagic_one
seems I may have lost functions with the update. Maybe I am crazy, but now there is no degree meter for the gimbal pitch. I am pretty sure it was there before, but I may be confused with the mini.

seems I may have lost functions with the update. Maybe I am crazy, but now there is no degree meter for the gimbal pitch. I am pretty sure it was there before, but I may be confused with the mini.

I still see the gimbal pitch in degrees

had my MA2 out a few hours ago no new firmware announced, weird
I suggest you up-date anyway. If you have auto update selected in DJI Fly, it will do it for you when applicable.

I had issues of signal loss and gps loss after the upgrade. DJI support said it must be an error and asked me to “refresh” using the DJI Assistant 2 software. When i plugged the drone to the Mac, I straight away got a notice of incompatible firmware. It asked me to refresh and I’ve done it. Hopefully this will sort the issues out.
Just mentioning in case someone has a similar issue. There seems to be issues with DJI drones while updating from the phone. Both my srones threw up errors after the update and i had to use the Assistant software.

I had issues of signal loss and gps loss after the upgrade. DJI support said it must be an error and asked me to “refresh” using the DJI Assistant 2 software. When i plugged the drone to the Mac, I straight away got a notice of incompatible firmware. It asked me to refresh and I’ve done it. Hopefully this will sort the issues out.
Just mentioning in case someone has a similar issue.

The incompatible firmware message usually refers to not yet updated batteries

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent