DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for Air 2

In my case it was the drone firmware. All my batteries are updated and have no issues.

How do you know it was the drone? I got this exact message when trying to update my second and third batteries, “incompatible firmware”. It doesn’t mention which is the one not matching.

As noted from the DJI forum, new firmware out.

V01.00.0250
+ Added switch to automatically detect subjects in FocusTrack, and optimized the
overall performance of FocusTrack.
+ Added ability to track subjects by dragging a box around it when using Free
Hyperlapse mode.
+ Added ability to store 8K Hyperlapse in RAW format, use playback to view 8K
Hyperlapse, and for more media players to play 8K Hyperlapse.
+ Added prompts in DUI Fly when GPS experiences interference.
* Increased maximum flight speed to 19 m/s when using Spotlight in Sport mode,
and added support for Spotlight at night.
* Optimized Smart RTH.
* Optimized performance when using wave gesture to trigger ActiveTrack and
QuickShots.
* Reduced noise when recording HDR video at night.
I always use the DJI Assistant app on my Mac to do the updates. The download is much faster and the update is very consistent with the USB connection. The whole process is much faster.

Updated all 2 days ago & went for an HDR Sunset tour last night with the sun down. Absolutely no wind. I had no communication errors or app crashes that happen sometimes. I think the HDR low light comes out flatter, but there might be more there when editing in PP.

Cheers, Jon

How do you know it was the drone? I got this exact message when trying to update my second and third batteries, “incompatible firmware”. It doesn’t mention which is the one not matching.
Ive flown the drone multiple times after the battery firmware update with no errors. Got this error after the firmware update on the drone. Im just making a guess that its the drone based on this.

Yeah all my mini batteries needed it, which brings me back to Where's cheaper for original batteries for air 2 got it cheap but place didn't sell flymore combo so I'll need to get 1 or 2 and dji care first off!

I get my MA2 back tomorrow from DJI after they replaced a faulty circuit board...
I am wondering if they will have updated the firmware for me..?

One very small difference I have noticed when flying the MA2 with the new firmware.

When taking off while standing behind the drone with obstacle avoidance turned on, I get the usual beeping indicator sound because the drone detects me standing directly behind it when about 5 feet off the ground. This is normal.

However, I notice now that this only happens the very first time that the drone detects me. If I fly away and then come back to the same position/orientation, I no longer get the beeping indicator. The obstacle avoidance is still working because I tested it, but I no longer get the indicator. I believe that prior to the firmware update, the indicator would sound anytime an object was detected behind the drone.

Am I remembering this correctly? Has anyone else noticed this?

Did you notice a worse hovering after new firmware? It is less stable than before...
Thank you

Hi...MavicJer here...I just uploaded the latest Manic Air 2 Firmware, and haven’t seen any degradation in Hovering or any other Flight Functions. Landing seemed to be a little more accurate, but I usually use a Landind Pad. I also use an iPhone 7, that has worked well for me too.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne