DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for DJI Mavic 2 series ( Official M2P Firmware Update Thread )

Fired up the drone the other day to do the FW updates (haven't updated since the last version obviously) and nothing was triggered for the drone, batteries, or the SC - said I was up to date. Has that happened to anyone else? I would much rather do it OTA vs. through DJI Assistant for Mavic 2.
Assistant 2 shows my
M2 to be current with v0510
SC to be current with v0530

And thanks to FiShBuRn I was able to update the SC's Go4 App to v4.3.24 via the apk. It was only after doing this that I was able to update the batteries and see the new discharge functionality.

Reactions: FiShBuRn
Assistant 2 shows my
M2 to be current with v0510
SC to be current with v0530

And thanks to FiShBuRn I was able to update the SC's Go4 App to v4.3.24 via the apk. It was only after doing this that I was able to update the batteries and see the new discharge functionality.

Thanks I'll double check mine again, maybe I am missing something. I definitely haven't updated anything since the 19th though, so for whatever reason the drone is not automatically triggering the update.

I updated my Mavic2 Pro with the new firmware and now I cannot get tripod mode to work. I always use this mode for real estate state videos.

Fired up the drone the other day to do the FW updates (haven't updated since the last version obviously) and nothing was triggered for the drone, batteries, or the SC - said I was up to date. Has that happened to anyone else? I would much rather do it OTA vs. through DJI Assistant for Mavic 2.

Happened to me. I logged out of my DJI account in Go4, closed Go4, restarted Go4 and logged back in. Updates were then triggered.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I've updated my M2P to the latest firmware and manually did so too for the SC and DJI Go4.
Reset the auto discharge to 2 days, waiting for better weather to test everything in probably in 2 - 3 days.

Looking good so far.

Last edited:
Is there a way to print or save in a file my saved settings before I update. Fairly new mavic 2 owner and I’ve spent a lot of time researching my preferred settings and don’t think I can remember them all.

Hi Housenotes. Yes, by reading earlier threads here and watching Youtube videos I quickly discovered that the software and firmware updates reset your carefully collated settings, so I spent some time creating a document that listed all the GO 4 parameters together with the original factory settings and any updated settings, plus some notes about each of them. I have found this to be really useful (especially after an update :)) and I'm surprised how often I refer to it. It is now part of the documentation set I take flying with me. I record any changes I have made on the day onto the printed output) You can find a PDF of that document here. Reach out to me if you would like a copy of the original Word document version so that you can modify it to suit your own purposes.

Last edited:
This post by support says the officially support downloading the apk off the DJI site to update as smart controller update in-device is broken:-

Yeah, the APK approach worked for me too. The fact that DJI is recommending this approach was enough for me to try it out. SC and RC updated, M2P & Batteries updated with no issues. Went for a short test flight and all seemed to be good. SC as primary and RC as secondary controllers worked as before. Tested Waypoints as that seemed to be a major part of this update and that too worked flawlessly. Just now need to patch the M2P to reinstate ATTI mode and try that out.

Thanks to all that have posted their experiences here to give me the confidence to perform this update, particularly for the Smart Controller.

Installed firmware update and now with no restrictions on local, can't fly over 30 meters altitude with setting of 120 meters. Also distance limit of about 30 meters at a location altitude about 2000 ft? Fix?

FAA
Mavic pro 2
FA394PM3CF

Device serial number 163DFAG001KE2F
Flight controller 03.04.00.58
Firmware 01.00.0510

I'm starting to get afraid of these updates, dual controls sounds like a backdoor for someone to control my drone, and altitude in the closed captioning sounds like a method to determine if regulations were broken. Just a matter of time until you get "no takeoff allowed here" and max distance/altitude restricted

.......Just a matter of time until you get "no takeoff allowed here" and max distance/altitude restricted.......

Already happens depending on where you are and if you have any NFZ wavers loaded.

Dual controls have been around years and essential for a lot of commercial work. If someone wants to take over control of your drone, they don't need a dual controller option to do it anyway.

And altitude in the SRT file cant be used for anything. If you dont like it,delete the .SRT file. Its not sent anywhere and simply knowing a height cant show whether something is legal or not anyway.

The flight logs contain altitude and most people sync those to DJI thus voluntarily supplying that data anyway.

Reactions: Monument.AL
Not to mention SRT used to include altitude but was removed from recent models. Now it's back, except it appears to be MSL rather than AGL.

Easy peasy, I did mine yesterday on my Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller and 4 batteries. Download and install took about 20 minutes, my other three batteries took about 5 minutes each. Shut down the drone, pop in another battery and start up again. You'll get a warning about software, hit the button and the update takes about 2-3 minutes
I've had several failed attempts to update the drone. Using Asst 2 it gets to 73-80% and then says 'failed'. I am now updating my SC and so far it is over 20 mins and about 50% so this is not fast nor easy/peasy. I will keep trying today to see if I can get it done. It is not my internet connection! The SC is updating at about 3%/minute so this is not fast or easy. I have switched from usb3 to usb 2 connection to see if that helps. I know this is a problem for DJI's system of updating which leaves a lot to be desired.

Okay I am now on my 3rd attempt to update the SC firmware and it will take anther 35 mins at 3%/min download speed. I am trying to update the previous version as I had skipped one update and went for the latest version which failed twice! What a PITA this process is.

SC update try #3 failed. Also, failed to upload failure log! Got to 99% and again failed. I am giving up on this BS. DJI you fail!

Now updating DJI Assistant 2 for latest version 2.0.12 Maybe that will help? Nope! Still failed to update and sometimes failed to upload log of failure. I have tried different computers, standing on my head, holding my mouth right and still no joy!

If anyone has any other suggestion, let me know. For now, no update is possible for me for some unknown reason.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS