DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware released for SmartController - v01.00.0530

I also noticed the update message, and at first started to the update from the wifi on the controller, but as many have pointed out it's very slow and after it stayed around 28 % for a while I stopped it. I also then noticed the message to the right stating that the "new" version of Assistant 2 for mavic needed to be used.

Found that software easily enough on the Mac. I renamed the older version 2.0 as Old as I still wanted it possibly for other MP2. Remember with Mac OS, the new program if it has the same name will overwrite the old one unless you rename the old program. On install, it wanted both my account and the verification. No problems. MacPro is running High Sierra.

Started up program, and used the cable from the MP2 USB 3.1. Plugged it into one of main ports on MacPro, USB 3.0 and program saw the controller. Started download.

Download went smoothly and much faster, then the transmitting step, both completed. and the controller started up update. Got to 98% and the Controller rebooted, (expected), but it did not power back on. Had plenty of charge. Updated failed. Not sure what happened, but the screen had a retry option and I took that.

This time I watched a bit more closely, the controller got to 98% and did the same reboot, but this time I got a message on the screen about the update being applied, etc. and the controller would be rebooting. The controller screen stayed like this for about 5 minutes, with the message on the controller screen and the Assistant 2 screen showing 98%.

Thought at first I was going to be in trouble, but left it alone.

Finally the Smart controller rebooted and a tiny message came out at the base of the screen, with a blue statue bar. The Smart controller rebooted 3 more times, and finally on the last reboot, with the blue bar wen tall the way to the end and I got a "completed" message.

Double checked on the main screen and confirmed that I was at the latest version 01.00.0530.

I am not a fan of the DJI updates, process always worries me a bit due to issues I had back with my MPP and P4 Pro Vr 2.0. Both had issues with firmware updates but finally got them done. So far the MP2 updates have been OK. The SC update was a bit concerning, as to the number of steps, but it's done.

Paul C

This version added the ability to update the apps that run on the controller independently of the firmware of the radio so hopefully things will get better down the road. This upgrade was a bit clunky since you were given the option of upgrading on the radio that 100% does not work. Yes I know they told me but it was still an option.

It turns out the Pilot 1.3.0 update was made available at the google app store

DJI Pilot - Apps on Google Play

on 4/15/19 but DJI only posted it on 4/25. I just happened to download it the other day and was surprised when it worked on my Mavic 2ED.

remember status bars are there to occupy us whilst the installation happens, they are not necessarily a true representation of the status, there's always a degree of inaccuracy and i wouldn't put too much stock in it.

plus Macs don't like it when you "prematurely" remove a USB device, this happens when the device reboots and it hangs the process; i've done nearly all my updates on a Macbook Pro until this last one i did on Windows PC and it was flawless execution, not a single hiccup, on the Mac i routinely see the 98%/99% "hang" but it's successful.

as far as USB 3.0 v 2.0 I'm convinced it's all in the bridge/controller internally to the PC/Mac; original 3.0 ports (circa 2018ish/17 and back) vs the new 3.0 controllers (newer than early/mid 2018); as that was my experience with my 3 PC's/Mac's last night - USB 2.0 always worked on any computing device; 3.0 only worked in the older computing devices; my brand new gaming PC only 2.0 worked and 3.0 didn't even recognize a device was connected in Windows let alone DJI A2.

1st Try - NO Problems Updating :)
Inserted SD Card in SC
Plugged via USB-C into Computer
DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic updated in 5 minutes
Latest version of DJI GO4 4.3.16(754-official) working

Now, after upgrade my photos taken just now (4-26-19) are dated 2018-06-12!!! What is going on?!

So do I understand right...usb 3 won’t work? I downloaded newest version of Asst 2 for Mavic, tried three times. Gets to 100% then says failed. Retried three times no luck.

Never mind...I just tried again for the fourth time and it went all the way through, go figure.

I was doing it on a windows 10 system and did not work. Switched to a old computer with windows 7, and it worked.

View attachment 70727
Very poor DJI, this FW downloads and shows the above, then when I power up the Smart Controller its not updated at all. I do not know where I am going wrong.
I had the same “100% but no update” result when the Smart Controller auto-powered off during the download phase. Try pressing the power button occasionally during the download. It may also be related to the USB port issue. I had to switch from USB 3 to 2 to get it to work.

I had the same “100% but no update” result when the Smart Controller auto-powered off during the download phase. Try pressing the power button occasionally during the download. It may also be related to the USB port issue. I had to switch from USB 3 to 2 to get it to work.

I changed the Display Timeout function on the SC to 30 minutes (the max) to keep it from going to sleep faster.

Reactions: kawartha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard