DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware Update (29-12-2022) - what's new?

Yaros

Reactions
There has been a new firmware released for the Mavic Air 2 released today, but the release notes aren't really descriptive (as usual):
  • Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability.
I'm wondering, what's new in this firmware, is it DJI secretly adding Remote ID for EU and US or something?

If someone has info on this update, please share :)
I will not update for now as I'm on a trip and I don't want to get my drone messed up, I will test it when I'm back at home, because from experience, DJI can mess up some updates, both firmware but mostly fly app updates sometimes aren't stable.

Why not just accept the DJI notes as OK?
DJI generally will indicate any specifics in firmware updates, such as when features are added.
So, just update to make sure all your apps and devices are current.

There has been a new firmware released for the Mavic Air 2 released today, but the release notes aren't really descriptive (as usual):
  • Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability.
I'm wondering, what's new in this firmware, is it DJI secretly adding Remote ID for EU and US or something?

If someone has info on this update, please share :)
I will not update for now as I'm on a trip and I don't want to get my drone messed up, I will test it when I'm back at home, because from experience, DJI can mess up some updates, both firmware but mostly fly app updates sometimes aren't stable.

That is what the update involved.

From DJI Support
Overview:

Date: 2022.12.29
Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.12.00
RC-N1 Remote Controller: V04.11.02.00
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller: V01.01.00.64
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.9.0
DJI Fly App Android: v1.9.0

What’s New?

Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability.

Notes:

If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Why not just accept the DJI notes as OK?
DJI generally will indicate any specifics in firmware updates, such as when features are added.
So, just update to make sure all your apps and devices are current.
I would update, but as I mentioned, DJI updates aren't really always only fixing problems, sometimes they also add new bugs. That's why I like to wait for people to test the new software and firmware before I update myself, especially when I'm away from home and want to capture some footage.

There are a number of different opinions re updating.
1) Do I keep all my apps and Drone up to date?
2) Do I need to update, if all is flying well with no problems?
3) Do I wait and see the feedback from those who have updated?

Personally I sort of go between all three depending on how I feel.
Remember though that updates are not forced on you, unless you opt for auto updates, you can fly probably with never ever updating your drone or app until it becomes out of date entirely.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Ok I updated everything, just took a short night flight and went over the logs, no issues... This is a new drone dji sent me a few weeks ago, I will try to fly tomorrow and test out more functionality on it. So far so good.

Takes about 8 mins. 3 ac restarts 1 rc restart....

Reactions: CLAYB.7
I could not get the update to download and install...after 3 attempts I called DJI. they had no luck either. We had to finally go to the update center on their website and update with the use of a cable. The only difference I see is now I keep getting a message that there is an update available for a Mavic 3 (which I do not have) and I cannot get the notification to go away.

I was having issues of “you are not logged in” when I fire up the app. Then the virtual keyboard was German layout. I updated, logged in and I think I reset and corrected my keyboard layout.

If using a Hack for NFZ or Altitude, and craft flies as desired… don’t update. All new updates on older crafts are also applying the newer blocks to hacks.

The only crafts I update are the newer ones where hack or certificate hacks aren’t available since all newer ones already have FW where known hacks are blocked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart