DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Well I tested .0600 briefly again and it was not dropping Altitude as much. Downgraded to .0400 and did the same flight. Altitude appears stable again, but overall stability not as good. Maybe DJI overcompensated trying to get horizontal stabilization...
Seems to be okay one flight then play up on the next. Going out this afternoon for a longer retest on .0400.

same with me. most of the time lost altitude for about half meter then resumed.

Now this is something that needs to be taken seriously!

That is something that should never happen. This should not be be one of those..."well, let's wait and see if it happens again" situations because it should have never happened to begin with. The .DAT flight log file would need analyzed to see what's going on.

Well I tested .0600 briefly again and it was not dropping Altitude as much. Downgraded to .0400 and did the same flight. Altitude appears stable again, but overall stability not as good. Maybe DJI overcompensated trying to get horizontal stabilization...
Seems to be okay one flight then play up on the next. Going out this afternoon for a longer retest on .0400.

What is the point in risking the possibility of damage or loss of your AirCraft by using something you know is not good? Why not use a good firmware/app combo and let others take chances with their investments? In the meantime, go enjoy your Mavic.

I had a flight yesterday where I was flying low to the ground through trees at about 1m altitude. The ground sloped up slightly. I was standing behind the MP flight path and saw it slowly drift down towards the ground. I stopped and raised it then reversed out. I believe you can see it in the video I was recording. I fly mode 1, and had my thumb ready to move left or right so maybe I input to decend, don't think so though.

I had a flight yesterday where I was flying low to the ground through trees at about 1m altitude. The ground sloped up slightly. I was standing behind the MP flight path and saw it slowly drift down towards the ground. I stopped and raised it then reversed out. I believe you can see it in the video I was recording. I fly mode 1, and had my thumb ready to move left or right so maybe I input to decend, don't think so though.

I tested again today, same place and conditions. No real noticeable difference. I think I underestimated the amount of height difference on the initial flight.

just wondering what happens to mavic when controller says nfz limit does it rth, hoover or what. I downgraded my mavic back to 0550 because i dont know what happens when satellites go less than 6 or 7 then controller says nfz limit on 0600 FW. thanks for good info in here :)

Yea I had a couple great flights as well, then it happened lost signal drifted into tree. Back on 4.00

As you see it drifting into a tree, are you able to imput stick and avoid ? Or does it ignore commands ?

No, remote trying to reconnect ( oh how I tried but nothing worked with out connection.)

Back on 4.0 and flying high. I think distance is better on 4.0, just went 3 miles out to check, 3 bars left when I turned around.

Bird not as steady as it was on 5.50 but not bad.

Seems like it works for some but not all go back to a previous firmware bet that fixes it.

Yeah, now that I think about it that, is more accurate description, it seems to slowly lower altitude stop then stabilise. For reference, this was a hover at about 1m off the ground. Hard to tell at higher altitudes, but footage is no where near as stable as it was previously.

I have mine 600, with the same hover issue:
- I raised it to 3m, iPhone shows 3m, and it looks like in 3m high;
- No control input, it slowly lower to less than 1m and stop, but iPhone shows 2-3m.

Did you use the older version of assistant to upgrade?
Do you have any drifting problems while hovering? Is your VPS on?

First tried to use the iPhone app to update it, then the latest pic software and was about to give up when I then used my iPad Pro with wifi off to force it to download the update via 4g data and low and behold the install ran through with no pause like all the other attempts.

Hovering with VPS on both indoors and out is perfect, I have none of the issues with 600 that some others are reporting.

You have got to be fricken kidding me. Almost 4 weeks I use an iPhone 7, and attempted the update. After failing knce, o immediately turned off and then back on both the controller and drone. Hit retry and it worked. Finished the update, including the NFZ update. Now to see how it flies tomorrow.

Just ridicules

What is the point in risking the possibility of damage or loss of your AirCraft by using something you know is not good? Why not use a good firmware/app combo and let others take chances with their investments? In the meantime, go enjoy your Mavic.

I also do not fully understand the thought process with upgrading to a less stable version. When I say stable I mean from A-Z. Even if you have none of the half dozen issues you still have to contend with a huge NFZ database as well as reduced range. Is Fixed Wing and a few other rarely used features worth it?

I guess when the goggles are out we will see if they work with older firmware and aps. They mighty no

yes, for me the same! there is no reduction in range at all with 600! i even get less strong interference warnings since 600, connection seems to be more stable.

quiet satisfied with 600 after my nfz issue dissapeared. who knows the bugs of 400? wjo knows, what dji changed and did not reported to us? it is old firmware, only a handfull uses this out there... so its normal, that there are less issues reported.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Ok i have two Mavics as i have mentioned before all i can say now is they both act in very different ways on different firmwares.

one i bought in Russia in January and one was bought in Thailand in February

Russian Mavic has had every upgrade and flown 120 miles so far and and 80 flights, 4 hours of that has been on 0600 and it has always on every upgrade flown fine. apart from a noticable range drop since 0400 which only happens in the UK. In Thailand i was getting 5 kilos with signal still sitting fine at 3 bars. i had every confidence in 0600 on this Mavic and i always just press ignore when it says update NFZ zones. I really do have no problems with it flying ANYWHERE.

Thai Mavic was on 0500 and i could not update it in Thailand as we had a full island power loss with no cell or wifi (happens a lot which is why i carry a lot of batteries over there).along with car chargers and the power bank adaptor.

Anyway i left my Russian Mavic over there (along with the sd card with all my footage arghhhhhhhhhhh now gotta get it posted back here). i brought the Thai one home and updated it here to 0600

it flies like a heap of crap, so i downgraded to 0400.

stabillity is not as precise i think as the Russian Mav on 0600 although today and yesterday were a little too high wind wise to really say for sure. what i can say is she flew far smoother than on 0600 when i was actually flying her and those NFZ warnings etc on controller are gone. (i never ever get them on my other Mavic even on 0600)

when i did the upgrade here to 0600 i noticed that the option to ignore updating the NFZ is not there anymore and the GEO button was missing. The NFZ on the RC was annoying beyond belief, again i don't get that on 0600 on the one now in Thailand.

i took Bunnys advice and deleted the app as even after downgrading to 0400 i had no GEO button and was concerned the NFZ **** would still be active.

after reinstalling the app i had the AC turned on in the garden and A yellow NFZ warning came up but the GEO button was back (thanks bunny) and was defaulted as on.

Switching it off sent away the warnings and also the high wind warnings i get in low winds are also gone, as today was very windy, enough that i let her hover at 5 metres and watched her struggle like mad to hold position in the gusts no flying day today as i hate fighting winds.

i am flying both on the latest go 4 App with no difficulties. IOS latest and IPHONE7 plus, i use the same phone and app for both AC.

Two Mavics two very different personal feelings on each one having tried every software on one RC and two on another.

One fly's fantastic on 0600, and one does not give me the same confidence, but on 0400 i have that confidence back in the second Mavic

i am sorry i cant explain the technicalities of the differences, i fly and try to feel how they fly but i cant put those feelings into words to explain why each gives me confidence on one firmware but not another. its like driving a car and you feeling what it does with each input of the wheel or stick and the vibrations that come back to you telling you what is going on.
you drive through feeling and the Mavic is like that for me i try to feel and not just see what is happening with every input on the sticks.

all i can conclude is you need to switch around right now and play with all the upgrades and downgrades and find the best one you can, while you can and then stay right with that unless there is 100 percent conclusive proof that DJI have got one right and that this NFZ rubbish is not going to shut us all done in the future.

They already give a warning if anyone actually read it that when u upgrade the NFZ you are allowing DJI to take control of where you fly.

i will be keeping both drones exactly as they are right now one on 0600 one on 0400.

After reinstalling the app i also did not get the fixed wing option back. As i don't have much time i have not had a chance to do anything except re set all my settings and calibrate the AC compass.

I may now also consider switching to a seperate phone dedicated to flying each drone as i have a spare brand new iphone 6s sitting in a box in Thailand with only DJI go 4 downloaded on it.

Reactions: rigor and airview2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929