DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

that has been on 0600 and it has always on every upgrade flown fine. apart from a noticeable range drop since 0400 which only happens in the UK.

I'm very curious why/how there's range drop only in UK. Are there radio frequency or RF power restrictions in UK that the firmware might change to accommodate, and thus lose range? Or could it just be that there's so much "noise" on 2.4GHz in UK that MP cannot filter the good signal from the noise?

This could be important in understanding how some see a range loss and others do not, as it is very much a global board.

Thanks!

Quiet interesting. Maybe, they have sold slightly different hardware versions of the Mavic?

I have the EU version with reduced range(CE). The last days, i was not so much on photography and filming but exploring the surroundings, called it explorer flights;-). I was able to go out about 2km in about 70m hight over mixed area (rural + suburbs wth wlan, cell towers) with still 3-4 bars hd/rc left. I think thats ok vor the EU version.

Btw., does anybody know if it is the software/location or the hardware, that limits the EU(CE) range (~4km) compared to FCC range (~7km)?

Well...here in Switzerland I have no range drop at all on .600

Quiet interesting. Maybe, they have sold slightly different hardware versions of the Mavic?

I have the EU version with reduced range(CE). The last days, i was not so much on photography and filming but exploring the surroundings, called it explorer flights;-). I was able to go out about 2km in about 70m hight over mixed area (rural + suburbs wth wlan, cell towers) with still 3-4 bars hd/rc left. I think thats ok vor the EU version.

Btw., does anybody know if it is the software/location or the hardware, that limits the EU(CE) range (~4km) compared to FCC range (~7km)?

Sorry but there is no EU(CE) version. They are all the same. The transmitter power is just limited when the GPS sees it is in Europe!

Sorry but there is no EU(CE) version. They are all the same. The transmitter power is just limited when the GPS sees it is in Europe!

Thanks! Bad news because i want 7km. Good news because i don't have to watch out buying a FCC version ;-)

Thanks! Bad news because i want 7km. Good news because i don't have to watch out buying a FCC version ;-)

Good news because even if there is the theoretical 4km range, in fact it does fly over that distance without any impediment.

Good news because even if there is the theoretical 4km range, in fact it does fly over that distance without any impediment.

I've read a German pilot who flown his Mavic upto 6 km, here or on DJI's fora

I can only assume DJI is working on the .0600 issues, and sincerely hope they fix it soon. I had it happen a second time yesterday where I was hovering, hit the record video button on front of RC and my gimbal dropped (horizon changed position by about 1/3 of the screen), recording did NOT start, and I was unable to move the gimbal with the front wheel. The first time it happened I thought it may have been due to high wind, but this second time confirms its the firmware as there was little to no wind, and it has not happened on any other fw version for me.

I can only assume DJI is working on the .0600 issues, and sincerely hope they fix it soon. I had it happen a second time yesterday where I was hovering, hit the record video button on front of RC and my gimbal dropped (horizon changed position by about 1/3 of the screen), recording did NOT start, and I was unable to move the gimbal with the front wheel. The first time it happened I thought it may have been due to high wind, but this second time confirms its the firmware as there was little to no wind, and it has not happened on any other fw version for me.
have you tried refreshing the firmware? I have seen this fix weird bugs such as this in the past.....if not, I would suggest you give it a try. Not to discount your problem but if it was truly a firmware coding issue, everyone would be experiencing it. So it sounds like it is most likely related to a bad firmware load or possibly a hardware issue....

I experienced the altitude drop under .0600 this past weekend while using a third party app. I was running a photogrammetry shoot using the Altizure app, and had set the flight to be at 50 m AGL. As you can see from the camera poses report generated by the site, the altitude was all over the place. Both the app and RC showed is holding steady at 50 m the whole time. I had to abort the run at one point when it became apparent that the Mavic was below the height of the building's cupola, and headed straight for it. From the report it shows a height variance of over 10 meters!

have you tried refreshing the firmware? I have seen this fix weird bugs such as this in the past.....if not, I would suggest you give it a try. Not to discount your problem but if it was truly a firmware coding issue, everyone would be experiencing it. So it sounds like it is most likely related to a bad firmware load or possibly a hardware issue....
I upgraded to .0600 when it first came out and it happened on my second flight (first flight I had yaw drifting). I then downgraded to .0400 and the problems did not occur for a week. I re-upgraded to .0600 and the problem happened on the first flight out again.

Reactions: Evans12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada