DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware V01.03.0800

I read a thread somewhere on these forums that DJI has a master plan to keep restricting and restricting till we're just about grounded. Now this is a company that is a Drone giant making billions and the last thing they want to do is watch the position they've achieved drop like a rock. They want to sell Drones plain and simple. Yes they have pressure from governments all over the world to do all they can to promote safety but I don't think they will go so far that they hurt themselves as much as some in here would have us to believe. I would think they would only do what they feel they have to or should do to keep both sides, consumer and governments, happy. FACT: people are not going to buy their product if they can't fly with reasonable enjoyment. JMHO.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
I read a thread somewhere on these forums that DJI has a master plan to keep restricting and restricting till we're just about grounded.
You can read a lot of wild stories on the Internet.

How has DJI's changes personally affected your drone flying? I've installed all firmware updates so far and haven't noticed any additional restrictions.

You can read a lot of wild stories on the Internet.

How has DJI's changes personally affected your drone flying? I've installed all firmware updates so far and haven't noticed any additional restrictions.

I haven't noticed any as of yet except for new features.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
I haven't noticed any as of yet except for new features.
Same here. It sounds like DJI is doing exactly what you want them to do -- keep rolling out the good stuff. Don't get too wrapped up in the forum hype. It's largely a waste of time.

I did the update today and it all went well.Havent flown yet as to windy but only difference I have noticed is my house is now in a authorisation zone as before it was just a nfz limit....

I did the update today and it all went well.Havent flown yet as to windy but only difference I have noticed is my house is now in a authorisation zone as before it was just a nfz limit....

I updated, no complaints from me, the doomsayers were wrong.

CRY CRY CRY... why don't you people just test it out.. its easy, I did it after I saw all the tears.. so I put the phone in airplane mode, disabled all data. Everything works as normal. Ie can fly and take off in Atti mode and GPS. Rebooting the s8+ that I was testing with also had the "logged in" survive the reboot. Ie, did log out as some expected, this was tested when data services were off, wifi and LTE and then the reboot was preformed. DJI Go app allowed me to take off and fly.

HOWEVER, if I manually signed out of the app, it would require me to sign in, and would not go past the login prompt. SO don't sign out before you take that drive or hike to the middle of no where with no data access and you wont have a problem.

two points.

1. This will become an issue for someone somewhere where some other set of circumstances require a login, like using someone elses device that already had the app installed but wasn't logged in. I came across this on my last hike, where the s8+ caused the app to crash a few too many times, wanted to use someone elses s7 edge that had the app, but would not work due to no cellular coverage. I AGREE THIS IS F***I*G stupid DJI

2. The wording used by dji in the release notes was VERY POOR in describing this whole "Connected" aspect. If they did that better, there would be less hate...

I updated and noticed I now need to unlock NFZ from my house whereas previously I just flew no questions. I am near an airport so never flew more than a few metres when I was testing filters or software or whatever but it has changed probably for the better.

Appeal Over Drone Incident At Airport, Leeds. | West Yorkshire Police
Seems sensible to check out the area you intend to fly in and unlock in advance. I'm sure everyone knows this lasts for 24 hours. My best tip anyhow. The short of it is that I can still fly everywhere I used to but now need to unlock in some areas I didn't previously.

I flew all weekend on the new FW and my new iPad mini 4 and it was flawless.

Others had talked about a difference in braking from a fast speed. The MP seemed to handle differently in that regard but it could've me just trying to fly smoother.

I flew all weekend on the new FW and my new iPad mini 4 and it was flawless.

Others had talked about a difference in braking from a fast speed. The MP seemed to handle differently in that regard but it could've me just trying to fly smoother.
Nope, they have reduced braking quite a bit. Gave me a fright as I flew near some cliffs after the firmware upgrade and didn't stop as quick as I was used too!

I've also found the latest firmware broke dng support in Lightroom, so I've had to downgrade anyway.

When I went out to fly today I got a message that I have to update my no fly zone something or other I forget what it said.

Nope, they have reduced braking quite a bit. Gave me a fright as I flew near some cliffs after the firmware upgrade and didn't stop as quick as I was used too!

I've also found the latest firmware broke dng support in Lightroom, so I've had to downgrade anyway.

I can still view DNGs in Lightroom but no longer in Preview on my MacBook...

Did the lates updates all went good . Have 5 flights in with no problems. I have never had any problems with any updates and I didn't no what the hell I was doing when I first got the MP lol . I still get nervous after a update for the first flight but i just stay close to home when testing it out

I had not flown since early April ( I had early version firmware 3 upgrades old) and decided to take a camping trip in the mountains last week ( no cell coverage) and when I got Mavic out it only recognized the RC not the tablet or cell phone. No use of the camera at all. I came home and updated newest firmware and app and nothing but trouble. I live at the edge of a Class D NFZ (Weather restricted and no tower radar) and now when I try to fly I get the warning screen asking if I want to continue to fly and requesting confirmation. I acknowledge I wish to continue and the warning keeps coming on and wont allow me to do anything else. I will try a different firmware but if that doesn't help I'll be posting in classifieds.

That's interesting? I can't view in either. I wonder why your Lightroom works. Mines the latest version.

Any chance you could see if you can open this image?
DJI_0004.DNG

thanks

I had to import it into LR to see it. Then it gave me "error in opening this file"

I have Lightroom 5. So not the monthly subscription CC

I had to import it into LR to see it. Then it gave me "error in opening this file"

Thanks. Definitely the firmware then. Works fine for me in .700 firmware

I have the latest version of Lr CC, but still won't be able to develop the .DNG.
Glad I haven't updated the FW yet!

Skjermbilde 2017-06-13 kl. 10.37.09.png

I have the latest version of Lr CC, but still won't be able to develop the .DNG.
Glad I haven't updated the FW yet!

View attachment 14910

Man this sucks! Was set to go out of town and was planning to take a lot of pics :(

I guess Ill have to shoot jpeg :(

Edit: So I just went back into LR and was able to Import and Develop the files. I copied the files to an external hd and then imported them into the LR catalog. For some reason this worked versus taking it directly off the sd card. Disaster averted....

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure