Join Us Now

New Firmware . . . v01.03.0800

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so sorry that I bought the mavic pro
Dji had lost one customer for the googles
I will never buy something from them again and I hope many people do same as me
Bu-by

It's not a matter of disagreement. It's a matter of what's possible.

Hoot? You bet! I'm having a lot of fun with this. Your boast is one of more outrageous I've encountered on the internet in years, and there are a lot of nuts out there claiming all sorts of crazy things.

Actually, it's fun refuting something so easy.
You are really looking kinda stupid now. I have done flight tests to see how far I can see my Mav, note the distance, then go further till I can't see it anymore. Then fly back and note when I can see it reappear. I have seen mine at over 2500'. I reacquired it at about 2100'. You can spout all the science you want, but facts are facts. I can see my Mavic.....period. Which makes all your facts and certainty superfluous. It is sad when you call others liars with only theory to support your argument. Your theory is flawed. You only look like a fool when you refute proven facts.

I think I'm not the only one having problems with *each* FW upgrade: only on this board, there are many threads talking about people *not wanting* to upgrade at all! :)

I really don't see where there would be a problem when all you have to do it plug a drone in a USB port, and click on "upgrade" on the "button" that's in front of you.

Well... in fact, I see: the DJI servers are so ****** that if you're sort of remote on the globe, it's gona be some kind of **** when they *force* you to upgrade.
You are the only one. 1

Now your looking at the screen -- The other guy said he don't need it at 1640 feet and still can control it lollllllllllll
You are also on the wrong side of the facts. If you can't see your bird at a given distance, then so be it. Your vision is less than others. Simple. I can easily see my Mav flying left and right at over 2000', visually, not using the monitor. I will lose it if I take my eye off it for a while. But if I'm watching it all the time, it stays in VLOS.

Reactions: nickmavic
And lets stay on Topic guys and not get argumentative .
Thanks

That's completely unacceptable. Changes the core functionality of the product, essentially now stating that a compatible Android or iOS device is required for core flight functions.

That's how lawsuits get filed, regardless of any amount of legal language they stick in the update agreements. Not saying who'd win or lose, but this is exactly how the lawsuits start.

And unless DJI changes the product information pre-sale, they're going to be in for a world of hurt with this move.
Nope

Nope. You obviously have absolutely no actual expertise, experience, or understanding regarding tort law for you to make such claims.

My goodness, errors in marketing collateral or packaging material -- ESPECIALLY errors caused by outdated materials -- happens all day, every day. If this was a legitimate basis for any kind of meaningful tort with compensation, we'd see these suits constantly, and people getting rich.

Here's the real world: A person who has a successful tort is entitled to "being made whole", which means compensating them for their legitimate damages. What are an individual's damages in this case?

Marketing and/or packaging claims the product has a feature it doesn't. Again, this happens all the time. This sort of issue was settled in courts long, long ago, and there is ample precedent. Want to know what the cure is for such damages? Return the product and get a full refund.

That's it! You can not claim you've suffered any actionable harm other than what you paid for the product that doesn't do what you want. You are never entitled to be enriched by a tort -- you are only entitled to be made whole. For this reason, you are not entitled to keep the product AND get a refund, you are only entitled, under the law, to be put back in the same state you were in before you purchased the product.

This means return for a full refund.

And that, folks, is the actual, real-world legal landscape for this. Given these facts, this would never make it into a courtroom, but would be tossed as frivolous, with an instruction to go get a refund.

Armchair lawyers, sheesh!
Take a tort and a quulude and relax. All is good.

Yes and I had to delete 2 post after mine and warn one member .
Guys when I ask you to stay On Topic Please do .
Now carry on but please do not let this go astray anymore .
Thanks

Has any one had a fly with the modified Fixed Wing mode in .800 yet?

the New update of NFZ makes all yellow zones REQUIRE a 3 day authorization. No way around that I could find, as my house is within a massive 40km yellow warning zone near Eglin AFB. I tried rolling back to .600 and reinstalling the app and no luck. Appears once you update dji stores the zones in an area of memory that is not changed by firmware flashes. Sucks...

If anyone else who updated can please test this and report back I would be very thankful

" Also if your app crashes which happens often what is the craft going to do with this new limiting if you are outside that limited zone of flight when it crashes? We lose control until we can get it back up and running?? Rth? What if we can't get the app back up and running in a short amt of time? Will we be able to fly it home by sight? This update is scary considering updates as of late have removed features and created more crashes and bugs."

Above Is posted an doubt of a pilot that I have found in the internet

" Also if your app crashes which happens often what is the craft going to do with this new limiting if you are outside that limited zone of flight when it crashes? We lose control until we can get it back up and running?? Rth? What if we can't get the app back up and running in a short amt of time? Will we be able to fly it home by sight? This update is scary considering updates as of late have removed features and created more crashes and bugs."

Above Is posted an doubt of a pilot that I have found in the internet
I imagine once the restriction is removed it remains removed until the Mavic is powered off and on. App crash or Loss of connection to the remote will not re-impose it. I don't know this for a fact - but it makes sense that this is is how it is implemented.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
There are a number of posters that are posting in all these seperate threads related to this upgrade.
It's a pity that there isn't just one contiguous thread.
It's like trying to put out spot fires.

Reactions: Nikon1
Same here, but even a downgrade to 0600 still left me in a NFZ. Before I was able to turn GEO off and fly with no problems. Not any more, seems the NFZ database upgrade is separate from firmware update. No way to roll back NFZ database, so don't update if you haven't clicked it yet. Ready to sell this now.

Perfect how much do you want for it. 500 seems fair.

Visual acuity. The human eye can resolve one arc minute under good conditions. At 1640 feet, that would mean an object of 0.48 feet, or nearly six inches. So, theoretically, seeing a Mavic at that distance is possible. But what would you see? A dot. FWIW, I make a living doing visibility analysis. I just could not resist doing a little math after reading this thread. And I will waIt a bit before upgrading my firmware, although it looks pretty safe so far.
Sorry to bring this up again...

Reactions: Anthonyk
I so sorry that I bought the mavic pro
Dji had lost one customer for the googles
I will never buy something from them again and I hope many people do same as me

500 should do it. You pay shipping

Reactions: temptation
Mamayda, Please don't start that particular discussion again. It's been painful.

Reactions: TimesTen
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leroyman