DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from Bronx, NY

InterstateP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Seems it’s going to be a little tough navigating the wheres and hows of flying in the city but I’m committed to giving it a go. Saw the Mini, liked it, then saw the Air had more of the capabilities I’ll likely need as a new pilot (mostly obstacle/collision avoidance) but I’m holding off until next Monday and will probably pull the trigger on the Mav Air 2 if it’s at a similar price point, especially with the purported 34-35 minute flight time. Here to receive any and all advice.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the Forum! Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of suggestions and recommendations here in the forums. Wish you well. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. Safe flights. M2P is the way to go for trouble free flying. Enjoy the hobby!!
Specs aside, is there a reason why M2P is the best for trouble-free flying? I live 15 minutes away from LGA, so I’ve been trying to figure out how I can fly safely without getting into any major issues.

Specs aside, is there a reason why M2P is the best for trouble-free flying? I live 15 minutes away from LGA, so I’ve been trying to figure out how I can fly safely without getting into any major issues.
I assume LGA is LaGuardia? You will be within restricted airspace and as now a days there is a 5km restriction zone around airports you will get into trouble. You will have to download an app that gives you the fly zones. I cant tell you the best ones for the US as l am in the UK

Reactions: Thomas B
Not a whole lot you can do with restricted air space. It is what it is and no drone that I am aware is going to change that. However, as far having a drone that "assists" the pilot from making bone head mistakes the M2P is the best that I have found for this hobby. If you start talking professional not so much but there again I'm just in the hobby aspect of drones. Get yourself a good App for the NFZ's in your area. I use "B4UFLY" and it has served me well.

Ah, I see. Yes, I’ve been pretty vigilant about learning what I probably should and shouldn’t do. I’m just in a perfectly terrible spot between a couple of different airports, naturally. ??‍♂️ As a first timer, I want to purchase a really competent drone that will afford me some mistakes in piloting
Not a whole lot you can do with restricted air space. It is what it is and no drone that I am aware is going to change that. However, as far having a drone that "assists" the pilot from making bone head mistakes the M2P is the best that I have found for this hobby. If you start talking professional not so much but there again I'm just in the hobby aspect of drones. Get yourself a good App for the NFZ's in your area. I use "B4UFLY" and it has served me well.
Thanks, I definitely appreciate that. I’ll check around for a good deal. Hopefully, with the MA2 coming, we’ll see some price drops across the line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReDRuM702