DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from Orlando FL

karma1968

Reactions
New drone owner - Mini 2 - this seems like an amazing drone for beginners & those who want professional looking shots without the experience.

I’ve had just 4 flights to test out the drone & my own coordination. So far I’ve only hit the cabinet slightly, once... lol

I’ve flown outside once, but was just planning a trip to Hatbill Park, which is NOT a city park, but a county park. Hatbill falls into the D zone. It just started raining with a hopeful sky towards thunderstorms... Indoor flight plan again today. I figure if I can maneuver around the furniture & lights hanging down, I can then work on my techniques & speed later when I have the space outside.

So far I’ve only found city parks are banning unmanned aeronautical devices. I use the app B4UFLY to get the FAA’s input on where I can fly and the parameters for where I am based on GPS. Kittyhawk app from LAANC is a more in depth app that even shows me other flight plans in my area, and allows me to broadcast my flight. All within the US.

I grabbed this clip from one of the vids I did inside, it was a tad blurry as Loki had just moved. I am VERY happy with the Mini 2 so far. It came with 3 batteries, the 3pack charger, an assortment of adapter/connectors for various types of phones, the iphone connector was already plugged in. I found some extra items in the bag’s lid, which has a zipper compartment. I am trying to find where I can purchase a new 3 charger along with 3 more batteries, I would like to have extra on hand for trips and extended filming. Hoping to check out Mt Dora soon.

I live IN the flight path for the MCO airport so I am limited here to under 200ft. Can’t wait to get out into a field, I guess next weekend if the weather holds up then. I am also studying for my UAS license. Anyone else pursing this in the central Florida area?

Happy flying!

Attachments

• E883DFB8-9147-4D57-B56E-6AA0B28CCEDA.jpeg
    E883DFB8-9147-4D57-B56E-6AA0B28CCEDA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Hello from the Crossroads of America karma1968.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

the Part 107 isn't hard, except for IMHO reading a sectional chart.

If you have a friend that is a Pilot have them teach you.... if not watch all the you tube videos you can

For example they will ask you a question like "you hear on the radio plane X is on (L or R Base, L or R downwind, on final) where is it in relation to the airport?

you have to look at the sectional, find the airport, read the chart data and figure out if the pattern is left or right and the orientation of the runway and what runway they are using, knowing that the downwind keg is 180 degrees from the runway orientation and the base is 90 degrees, but you need to know the runway in use and orientation , then you can figure out where the plane is and if it is near where you are...

you need to know as much as a licensed part 61 pilot when it comes to charts.... what is the distance of each hash mark between latitude and longitude numbers

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

the Part 107 isn't hard, except for IMHO reading a sectional chart.

If you have a friend that is a Pilot have them teach you.... if not watch all the you tube videos you can

For example they will ask you a question like "you hear on the radio plane X is on (L or R Base, L or R downwind, on final) where is it in relation to the airport?

you have to look at the sectional, find the airport, read the chart data and figure out if the pattern is left or right and the orientation of the runway and what runway they are using, knowing that the downwind keg is 180 degrees from the runway orientation and the base is 90 degrees, but you need to know the runway in use and orientation , then you can figure out where the plane is and if it is near where you are...

you need to know as much as a licensed part 61 pilot when it comes to charts.... what is the distance of each hash mark between latitude and longitude numbers

Such AWESOME info!!!! Thank you so much! I used to fly a model stager wing, diesel engine, I could only fly in the specified areas where we met as a group and had to take turns on the runway & available airways at the specified altitude. THIS is WAY more fun! Lol aside from not having to repair or build my own anymore lol. I have been studying for the test and hopefully all will go well! I found a great site for the course work -
fingers crossed!

We leave for a month long tour out west this summer, that I would just LOVE to have my license by then so I can grab some beautiful footage!

New drone owner - Mini 2 - this seems like an amazing drone for beginners & those who want professional looking shots without the experience.

I’ve had just 4 flights to test out the drone & my own coordination. So far I’ve only hit the cabinet slightly, once... lol

I’ve flown outside once, but was just planning a trip to Hatbill Park, which is NOT a city park, but a county park. Hatbill falls into the D zone. It just started raining with a hopeful sky towards thunderstorms... Indoor flight plan again today. I figure if I can maneuver around the furniture & lights hanging down, I can then work on my techniques & speed later when I have the space outside.

So far I’ve only found city parks are banning unmanned aeronautical devices. I use the app B4UFLY to get the FAA’s input on where I can fly and the parameters for where I am based on GPS. Kittyhawk app from LAANC is a more in depth app that even shows me other flight plans in my area, and allows me to broadcast my flight. All within the US.

I grabbed this clip from one of the vids I did inside, it was a tad blurry as Loki had just moved. I am VERY happy with the Mini 2 so far. It came with 3 batteries, the 3pack charger, an assortment of adapter/connectors for various types of phones, the iphone connector was already plugged in. I found some extra items in the bag’s lid, which has a zipper compartment. I am trying to find where I can purchase a new 3 charger along with 3 more batteries, I would like to have extra on hand for trips and extended filming. Hoping to check out Mt Dora soon.

I live IN the flight path for the MCO airport so I am limited here to under 200ft. Can’t wait to get out into a field, I guess next weekend if the weather holds up then. I am also studying for my UAS license. Anyone else pursing this in the central Florida area?

Happy flying!

Happy flying!
Welcome! I’m in Orlando and also new as well! Hopefully we’ll have better weather this weekend then we did recently with those out of nowhere thunderstorms ?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Happy flying!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mini 2, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78